Close

Default Fox Chassis - documentation question?

I just picked up one of the most original and documented 82GT's I have ever come across.
    Two build sheets, window sticker, order and sales invoice from Ford dealer, original buck tag still in place, etc.

On the owners card is a hand written number in pen in the lower R/H corner.
    It has the same number as a small rubber pad affixed to the upper L/H corner of the windshield.

My guess is this was something the dealership did for I.D on the lot ??

Anyone ever seen this before ??

I have not seen anything like that before so I'm not sure what it was for. I would assume "82" means 1982.

Can you post all of the documents you have for the car? Thanks.
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

FEP Registries: Black Magic & Crimson Cat / Cobra / Dominator / G.T.350 / LTD LX/Police & Marquis LTS / M81 / Pace Car / Predator / Saleen / Turbo GT & Turbo RS / Twister II

Wanted (Dead or Alive): VINs, door tags, buck tags, build sheets, window stickers, owner cards, transmission tags, axle tags

Most likely the dealer stock number.
    1986 Mustang GT w/T-Tops

That's what I'm thinking as well. Wonder if the build sheet show dealer stock order.
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

FEP Registries: Black Magic & Crimson Cat / Cobra / Dominator / G.T.350 / LTD LX/Police & Marquis LTS / M81 / Pace Car / Predator / Saleen / Turbo GT & Turbo RS / Twister II

Wanted (Dead or Alive): VINs, door tags, buck tags, build sheets, window stickers, owner cards, transmission tags, axle tags

FEP Super Member Bryan Knebworth's Avatar

Surprising that it's still on the window after all this time. I wonder if the dealership did it, or if it was done many years later...

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan Knebworth View Post
    Surprising that it's still on the window after all this time. I wonder if the dealership did it, or if it was done many years later...
    In the last 20 years the car has had about 4,000 miles put on it and you can tell it was stored properly.

This car was purchased from the original owner, he owned it until only 9 months ago.
    Bone stock original right down to the plug wires, exhaust, etc.
    Only thing changed was the steering wheel....not sure why. Heater core was changed as well
    we all know why...lol. But has the original radiator that looks like new.

I will post all the original documentation and pics in the next couple days.

Thanks guys.