Close

Default Prop Valve Issue

have the SN95 conversion on the front of the Capri... finally got around to finishing this, added SS brakelines and went to bleed all four corners... everything went fine until I got to the drivers front.... NO FLUID??? pump and pump... same thing...cant find anything plugged...Any ideas??
    1986 RS 5.0 Capri
    1985 ASC Mclaren
    1976 Bronco
    1978 Bronco
    2002 7.3L F350 4X4 CC SRW

Loosen connections until you find where the fluid is not flowing from. If fluid flows out of the Proportioning valve, then disconnect the the hard line from the flexible line at the driver side, then move to the caliper, etc. Odds are you have a blockage in one of the lines due to old brake fluid, trash, etc. If you have compressed air, you can remove the line from the Proportioning valve and at the caliper and blow back towards the valve to break any obstructions loose. I recommend wrapping the open end with a towel to prevent the fluid and obstruction from flying across the engine bay and the room.

Good Luck!

Trey
    ​Trey

"I Don't build it hoping for your approval! I built it because it meets mine!"

"I've spent most of my money on Mustangs, racing, and women... the rest I just wasted."

Mustangs Past: Too many to remember!
    Current Mustangs:
    1969 Mach 1
    1979 Pace Car now 5.0/5 speed
    1982 GT Stalled RestoModification
    1984 SVO Still Waiting Restoration
    1986 GT Under going Wide Body Conversion Currently

Current Capris:
    1981 Capri Roller
    1981 Capri Black Magic Roller Basket Case
    1982 Capri RS 5.0/4spd T-top Full Restoration Stalled in TX
    1984 Capri RS T-top Roller
    1983-84 Gloy Racing Trans Am/IMSA Body Parts

blew the line out, there was no blockage in the line.... but there is no fluid coming out the valve itself... with the line disconnected and pumping the brake pedal there is no fluid coming out the port on the Prop valve.
    1986 RS 5.0 Capri
    1985 ASC Mclaren
    1976 Bronco
    1978 Bronco
    2002 7.3L F350 4X4 CC SRW

Then most likely either the valve is seized or plugged up with "crud" . You can either replace the valve with a T fitting and an adjustable valve so you can tune the rear brake bias or try to replace the valve with another OEM unit. You can also try disassembling the valve and cleaning it. Just make sure to be careful and reassemble it exactly as it was otherwise it could affect the actual operation of the valve.

Personally I would do the T Fittings and the adjustable valve since it will be easier and you are changing the brake setup anyway. Good Luck!

Trey
    ​Trey

"I Don't build it hoping for your approval! I built it because it meets mine!"

"I've spent most of my money on Mustangs, racing, and women... the rest I just wasted."

Mustangs Past: Too many to remember!
    Current Mustangs:
    1969 Mach 1
    1979 Pace Car now 5.0/5 speed
    1982 GT Stalled RestoModification
    1984 SVO Still Waiting Restoration
    1986 GT Under going Wide Body Conversion Currently

Current Capris:
    1981 Capri Roller
    1981 Capri Black Magic Roller Basket Case
    1982 Capri RS 5.0/4spd T-top Full Restoration Stalled in TX
    1984 Capri RS T-top Roller