Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 1983 WSP ssp

Awesome!

I love this car. White exterior, Blue interior, steelies, and a stick shift....the absolute best combo for an SSP. I think it's awesome that you dd this car, and I'm glad to hear you want to restore it someday. Post up some pics with the steel wheels and dog dishes when you can. Those wheels along with the push bars that some SSP's had really give these cars attitude. I think an SSP like this would be the only fox I'd consider selling my Saleen for....I just love SSP's.

Keep picking away at things when you can, and definately keep driving her as much as possible.
    Cheers!

Mike (TopGear85)

Have:
    85 Saleen #73-GT,2R,TuTone,Cruise,Pos,5spd,Charcoal
    ***August 2015 ROTM Winner!***

Had:
    79PC-San Jose #2890
    86GT-9L,TuTone,5spd,T-Tops,Sand Beige
    86GT-9L,TuTone,5spd,T-Tops,Charcoal
    90LX-Oxford Wht,5spd,Sunroof,5.0 Hatchback
    90GT-Oxford Wht,5spd

Absolutely love the car. Got to get a stock non scooped hood or color match, that would be the icing on the cake. How did you get those hubcaps so shiny? Are they aluminum or stainless? I think I have the same on my wagon.

What size and brand of tires?

Right on, thanks guys. I really dig it. My favorite car I've ever had, easily. It has the steelies and the caps in that pic. Ill get better pics of the wheels maybe tomorrow.
    The caps I found have a blue ring around the outside of the front face, I know the originals didn't have that but I thought it kind of fit with the rest of the car.
    At the moment, I have a replacement trunk lid sitting in the garage to replace the rusted one on the car, and plan to freshen up the suspension by the end of the year. Maybe drop it an inch to get rid of the lifted look the early fox mustangs seem to have. Not sure if I will keep the hood with the scoop, or try to find a regular one. Paint, body, and A/C hopefully next year. I will post more as it gets done.

Quote Originally Posted by 83gtstang View Post
    What size and brand of tires?
    I wanted BFGs, but got a deal on some Kumhos. 215/70/14s

I love the stance, something about that makes the car look tougher. Just my opinion. The tires look meaty, probably the biggest tires than will fit on those narrow wheels.

I have the four lugs from the factory off of a 1980. When I bought it the guy through in the extra wheel he had. They are the actual 35 year old tires and still hold air.

Quote Originally Posted by Cobra.Jason View Post
    I have the four lugs from the factory off of a 1980. When I bought it the guy through in the extra wheel he had. They are the actual 35 year old tires and still hold air.
    Haha. I still have what appears to be the original full size Goodyear spare in the trunk, looks like new still.

Absolutely love the car. Got to get a stock non scooped hood or color match, that would be the icing on the cake. How did you get those hubcaps so shiny? Are they aluminum or stainless? I think I have the same on my wagon.
    I agree on the hood. I keep going back and forth on keeping the scooped one, or going back to stock. There is a red stock 84 hood in town on craigslist, guy is asking $75 for.
    I believe the caps are stainless. They looked about that shiny when I got them, a little Mothers helped.

Name:  lOESGni.jpg
Views: 99
Size:  80.2 KB
    Better shot of the wheels

Dang, those blue rings around the hubs are perfect for your car. They tie the interior color in with the outside, but it's not over the top...that's perfect! I can't stand when people go overboard tying the interior to the exterior by simply alternating the colors on each panel the find. That's just too much. What you have is awesome. Well done!
    Cheers!

Mike (TopGear85)

Have:
    85 Saleen #73-GT,2R,TuTone,Cruise,Pos,5spd,Charcoal
    ***August 2015 ROTM Winner!***

Had:
    79PC-San Jose #2890
    86GT-9L,TuTone,5spd,T-Tops,Sand Beige
    86GT-9L,TuTone,5spd,T-Tops,Charcoal
    90LX-Oxford Wht,5spd,Sunroof,5.0 Hatchback
    90GT-Oxford Wht,5spd

Yeah dude I'm really digging the car a lot. A hood for $75 is great. You know that hood scoop is worth that alone if you sold that here. Is your hood a turbo hood? The one with the factory cut out. My 83 5.0 came with one and the scoop.

Quote Originally Posted by TopGear85 View Post
    Dang, those blue rings around the hubs are perfect for your car. They tie the interior color in with the outside, but it's not over the top...that's perfect! I can't stand when people go overboard tying the interior to the exterior by simply alternating the colors on each panel the find. That's just too much. What you have is awesome. Well done!
    Thanks. I had asked a shop in the midwest somewhere if they had any of those caps, and they said they had a nice set for something like $50-60, and I bought them without seeing them. I didn't know they had the blue ring on them until I got them. Just kind of worked out.

Yeah dude I'm really digging the car a lot. A hood for $75 is great. You know that hood scoop is worth that alone if you sold that here. Is your hood a turbo hood? The one with the factory cut out. My 83 5.0 came with one and the scoop.
    That is a good point about selling the scoop. I'd let it go for half of whatever I might get that hood for. I might have to give the poor guy a call, he has been trying to sell that hood for probably a close to a year.

Yeah, the hood I have on there has the cutout.

I love the dog dishes. Mine are aluminum though, very light weight compared to the one stainless one I have.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12