Close

Default Adding Power Window wiring - fuse box issue

I have an 86 LX that was originally a 2.3 car, all manual. I have added power doors, added the harness that runs across the firewall from door to door, tested today and my windows didn't work. Check out circuit breaker #14 on the box, and there wasn't one.. Looked a little closer and the wiring isn't even inside the housing. I assume my easiest solution is to run a power source from the solenoid to the windows (with an inline circuit breaker of course), but I'm unsure where to attach it on the window harness side, as the fuse box lacked both wires. Any help is appreciated.

1986 CHP SSP Coupe

I do see a two prong wiring harness that's in the same bundle as the wiring that runs from door to door behind the dash, one pink one black wire. I assume this is power and ground, but I have nowhere to plug it into. I will attempt to jump these two to power and ground next if no ideas. If I'm just not supposed to have a circuit breaker at #14, I assume the one that's supposed to be on the solenoid would serve as the only one?
    1986 CHP SSP Coupe

I think your car must've had the same fuse panel as other models (with pw). They would've left it an empty slot in your case, I imagine.

I have my door panel off now, and my power locks have the pink/black wires, with the window wiring being red and yellow. If you got that harness from an unknown donor, it could be the case.

The door harness that connects one door to the other, than runs up behind the dash (which I added), has this harness sticking out of it. I ran solenoid power to it and grounded the black side, and now my windows WORK.. BUT.. They work even with the key out.. So I'm guessing this should loop through a keyed accessory at the fuse box some how.. Any idea where the proper other end of this harness is, or a good keyed on source instead of the solenoid?

1986 CHP SSP Coupe

Did ever find where this connects? I was able to source the fuse block jumper that adds connectivity for the #14 circuit breaker but can not find where this 18 inch pig tail gets power from.

I ended up sourcing a whole dash harness from a car that had power windows so the fuse box circuit was correct.. Not sure where this jumper on 14 traced back to due to that.. Worked perfect though
    1986 CHP SSP Coupe