Close

Default Late Model Mustang Club of Connecticut Spring Cruise

The Late Model Mustang Club of Connecticut is holding its spring cruise on Sunday, May 18, with a rain date of May 25. It starts at 11:00 a.m on Webster Square Road, across from Tasca Ford, in the Kensington section of Berlin, CT. The cruise is about 75 miles thru western Connecticut and ends at Hoffman Nissan in West Simsbury (Hoffman also owns the Ford dealership in East Hartford), with Hoffman providing pizza and soda.

Although they call it the Late Model Mustang Club, their T-shirts have a picture of a '69 and I've always been welcome with my '72. You have to join the forum (as opposed to being a dues-paying member) to open the link, but it has all the info on the cruise.

http://www.lmmc-ct.com/forums/showthread.php?t=66032

Saw some pics of this and it looked like a good time. It would have been close to 300 miles for me or I would have went yesterday.
    ~Paul

1982 Mustang GT
    1983 Mustang GT TTop
    1985 Mustang LX 5.0 Notchback
    1995 Ford F150 SVT Lightning
    www.cardomain.com/id/mustang4life1985

Neither here nor there

Quote Originally Posted by mustang4life1985 View Post
    Saw some pics of this and it looked like a good time. It would have been close to 300 miles for me or I would have went yesterday.
    You take the scenic route? Should be under 200 lol

Quote Originally Posted by Capriman86 View Post
    You take the scenic route? Should be under 200 lol
    I usually go back roads in CT, but using the highway was 212 round trip. I made a mistake from Berlin to West Simsbury, plus I was in CT on Saturday, so that would have been a lot of driving in just two days. I hate the highway for long periods of time in the Mustang.
    ~Paul

1982 Mustang GT
    1983 Mustang GT TTop

Plus I find highways beyond boring lol.
    ~Paul

1982 Mustang GT
    1983 Mustang GT TTop

We had over 50 Mustangs and a '55 Chevy on the cruise. The last leg of the cruise was on Route 44 thru Barkhamstead, Canton, and West Simsbury. Nice drive. Here's a link to a video that one of my buds, Erich, made. At the beginning there's a quick shot of the white '72 Sprint that Pete (HissingCobra) liked so much at Mustangs Unlimted a few weeks ago and my '72.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C0p45...ature=youtu.be

The only problem with having so many cars on a highway, with all the untermenschen cars weaving in and out, is you get the rubber band effect with everyone speeding up to get together and then slowing down when they start to bunch up. I almost got rear-ended by another Mustang. He was so close behind me that I couldn't see the leading edge of his hood - either he has a bumper fetish or I was leading too closely - and when I had to make a quick stop I thought he was going to eat the back end of my car.
    Last edited by FuturaGuy; 06-21-2014 at 08:19 AM.

What happened to the LMMC? I was a member and their site has been down for months

Quote Originally Posted by NewToFord View Post
    What happened to the LMMC? I was a member and their site has been down for months
    I can't find the site either. Maybe we should send a wreath.

I was a member of that club for a number of years... Basically the main club members started focusing on other things and the site became too much work and too much $ to maintain. It was a fairly "clicky" group, so they just weren't able to pull in new members that felt a connection with the primary club members - that could take over certain responsibilities as main club members dedicated less time. The site was shut down but they have a FB page now. I'm not a big fan of using FB pages as a replacement for forums but I check out their page every now and then.
    Mark

1986 GT Hatchback (2R): 5spd, TFS FAC 170s, TFS Stage 2 Cam, Vortech SQ S-Trim, MM Suspension, SN95 5-lug conversion w/Fox 5-lug rear axles, 3.73's, 13" / 11.65" brakes, Moates QuarterHorse
    '88 LX 5.0
    '22 GT500