Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Few Pics from the Redeker Book

I just got a copy of the Patty Redeker Saleen book: "The History and Development of the Saleen Mustang." This book pre-dates "The Saleen Book" by Brad Bowling and it covers only the foxbody years, 1984-93.

While the Redeker book isn't as comprehensive as "The Saleen Book," it is still a good book, and it has several photographs that aren't found in Bowlings book. Redeker also included a breakdown of Saleen production statistics from each year. We now know that these statistics aren't correct, and not all of the cars produced were identified at the time of the books publication, but these statistics still give us some insight on which colors were produced in the greatest number, and what unique options were added to certain cars.

If you are a Saleen owner or fan and you enjoy reading about and researching these amazing Mustangs, then I recommend the Redeker book. It has a lot of great info and pictures, as well as company ordering info and copies of actual Saleen documents. Even some FEP members cars are pictured! It's a really cool book...here are a few pics from the 84/85/86 sections:

Cheers!

Mike (TopGear85)

Have:
    85 Saleen #73-GT,2R,TuTone,Cruise,Pos,5spd,Charcoal
    ***August 2015 ROTM Winner!***

Had:
    79PC-San Jose #2890
    86GT-9L,TuTone,5spd,T-Tops,Sand Beige
    86GT-9L,TuTone,5spd,T-Tops,Charcoal
    90LX-Oxford Wht,5spd,Sunroof,5.0 Hatchback
    90GT-Oxford Wht,5spd

Here are pics from the production statistics pages for 85 and 86. Remember these stats aren't 100% correct.

Cheers!

Mike (TopGear85)

Have:

Had:
    79PC-San Jose #2890
    90GT-Oxford Wht,5spd

Unfortunately that book is out of print. If you happen to find a used copy for sale be prepared to pay well for it. Asking prices for new copies are ridiculous.
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

FEP Registries: Black Magic & Crimson Cat / Cobra / Dominator / G.T.350 / LTD LX/Police & Marquis LTS / M81 / Pace Car / Predator / Saleen / Turbo GT & Turbo RS / Twister II

Wanted (Dead or Alive): VINs, door tags, buck tags, build sheets, window stickers, owner cards, transmission tags, axle tags

Great pictures and info - adding this book to my wish list

Quote Originally Posted by FoxChassis View Post
    Unfortunately that book is out of print. If you happen to find a used copy for sale be prepared to pay well for it. Asking prices for new copies are ridiculous.
    I lucked out and got a great deal on my copy. The cover isn't in perfect condition, but the pages are (and that's all I really care about). You're right though, prices for this book are insane, especially new copies. It is also pretty hard to find, you never see them on eBay for some reason?
    Cheers!

Mike (TopGear85)

Have:

Had:
    79PC-San Jose #2890
    90GT-Oxford Wht,5spd

They pop up on ebay every once in a while, but the asking prices are insane. I bought one a few years ago when you could still get them new through the big booksellers.
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

FEP Registries: Black Magic & Crimson Cat / Cobra / Dominator / G.T.350 / LTD LX/Police & Marquis LTS / M81 / Pace Car / Predator / Saleen / Turbo GT & Turbo RS / Twister II

Wanted (Dead or Alive): VINs, door tags, buck tags, build sheets, window stickers, owner cards, transmission tags, axle tags

Does anybody have a pic of the 85 Brown hatchback with grey interior??

I've never seen that one...hopefully it's just in the hands of a collector as opposed to destroyed. I would also like to see the copper GT based 84-0051. Apparently it burned to the ground, but Stu Akers restored it...I've just never seen pics of that one.

Having one of those odd colored Saleen would be awesome huh?
    Cheers!

Mike (TopGear85)

Have:

Had:
    79PC-San Jose #2890
    90GT-Oxford Wht,5spd

TopGear, you mentioned that the statistics aren't correct in this book. Where do we get accurate numbers from? Specifically 1985 numbers. Thanks.

A letter of authenticity from Saleen is going to be the only way to get accurate numbers. That will tell you how many cars were made like yours. It's expensive ($90) and it takes a little while to receive the letter, but it's worth it for proof that your car is a real Saleen, and for the statistics. Plus Steve Saleen signs it (I think it's a real signature), which is also cool.

You can get a Marti Report as well,mbut that will only talk about your car in terms of it being a Mustang. The stats provided by Marti won't be Saleen related. They might mention your car as being a "Saleen Mustang" in the options section of the report, but that will be all the Saleen talk.

The LOA directly from Saleen is the only way I know of to get Saleen specific data, and it will be specifically about your car.
    Cheers!

Mike (TopGear85)

Have:

Had:
    79PC-San Jose #2890
    90GT-Oxford Wht,5spd

If I have the correct VIN for 8Y Dark Clove Brown Metallic 85-0013, the last and only event for the car was a registration renewal in Beaverton, OR in September 1995.
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

So either it's in a private collectors hands or it's with the Angel's. Maybe someone besides Stu Akers had the foresight to snap up the rare early cars and it's in a lovely collection somewhere?

After seeing that brown Predator and how cool it looks all restored, I can't imagine how awesome a brown Saleen would be. I think it's too much for my senses to handle.
    Cheers!

Mike (TopGear85)

Have:

Had:
    79PC-San Jose #2890
    90GT-Oxford Wht,5spd

Searching Oregon craigslist as we speak...

Quote Originally Posted by FoxChassis View Post
    If I have the correct VIN for 8Y Dark Clove Brown Metallic 85-0013, the last and only event for the car was a registration renewal in Beaverton, OR in September 1995.

Quote Originally Posted by DadBox View Post
    Searching Oregon craigslist as we speak...
    Me and you both!! Hopefully this car survived and is safe and sound in a nice climate controlled garage .... and if it isn't I happen to have a climate controlled garage with an open spot

Interesting.... I've lived in Beaverton my whole life and have never seen it. I've never seen it at a show either. It had to have been sold by Damerow Ford. I wonder if it is still in Oregon....
    67 Mustang Coupe
    96 Tangerine GT
    86 Saleen #179

The VIN that I have shows it was shipped new to CA and the first owner in The Saleen Book was in CA.
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

Il m pretty sure this brown car Was Slammed in the front and has not been fixed as of yet. It does sit in a collection safe and sound. Of course I could be wrong. Mike, thanks for posting those pics. I too love the brown cars. And the blue ones and the green ones.
    Stan
    1986 Ford Mustang Saleen #80 Gray/gray
    1986 Mercury Capri ASC McLaren Coupe#20 Black/silver, gone.
    1985 GT Silver/gray T-top car, gone
    1985 Canyon Red Turbo coupe, gone

Tigger;1646841]Interesting.... I've lived in Beaverton my whole life and have never seen it. I've never seen it at a show either. It had to have been sold by Damerow Ford. I wonder if it is still in Oregon....[/QUOTE]

Tigger, I'm pretty sure it's in the middle of the country now.
    Stan
    1986 Ford Mustang Saleen #80 Gray/gray
    1986 Mercury Capri ASC McLaren Coupe#20 Black/silver, gone.
    1985 GT Silver/gray T-top car, gone
    1985 Canyon Red Turbo coupe, gone

FEP Senior Member

Funny how stuff shows up at the right time. You posted this thread right as I was in the middle of purchasing the 0001 car a few weeks ago. I was dead sure the secret was out, and the thread was phishing for the new owner!

85 Saleen Mustang(s)

Nope, I was just excited about getting a new book.
    Cheers!

Mike (TopGear85)

Have:

Had:
    79PC-San Jose #2890
    90GT-Oxford Wht,5spd

Here is a pic I found of 84-0051. This is the copper glow 84 that caught fire, but has since been restored by Stu Akers. This pic is black and white (unfortunately), and was taken from an old magazine review from 1984. This is the only pic I've ever seen of this car...I just wish it showed more.

Cheers!

Mike (TopGear85)

Have:

Had:
    79PC-San Jose #2890
    90GT-Oxford Wht,5spd

FEP Senior Member

Thats awesome! I need to get that book.
    85 Saleen Mustang(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BaconB8 View Post
    Thats awesome! I need to get that book.
    Sorry, the last pic (of 84-0051) came from a magazine article that was done back in 1984...not from the Redeker book. I just didn't think it warranted starting a whole new thread, so I posted it here. If you go on the SOEC website you can read the old magazine articles. That is where I found this pic.

The redeker book is definitely worth getting though, but I would get the "Saleen Book" (by Brad Bowling) first. It easier to find and cheaper than the Redeker book, plus it has a lot more information, pics, and the registry info.
    Cheers!

Mike (TopGear85)

Have:

Had:
    79PC-San Jose #2890
    90GT-Oxford Wht,5spd

Quote Originally Posted by BaconB8 View Post
    Funny how stuff shows up at the right time. You posted this thread right as I was in the middle of purchasing the 0001 car a few weeks ago. I was dead sure the secret was out, and the thread was phishing for the new owner!

Congratulations on your purchase! How is "0001"?!?
    1985 Mustang GT, owned since 1989
    2000 Expedition XLT 219k miles
    2011 Expedition XLT

Awesome book and it provides a lot of historical info
    ~Bryan

1985 Mustang GT w/ T-Tops, Original Paint, 160,XXX miles
    Mods: 600cfm Carb, Underdrive Pulleys, Subframe Connectors, 4pt G-Load Brace, MM Strut Tower brace, 8.8 rear w/ 3.55 gears & LCA's

Pics from production of "The Saleen Book"
    http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...&id=1027847075

http://mustangworld.com/ourpics/News/select1271.htm

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast