Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Predator 5S0126

Smile Predator 5S0126

Hey guys, just wanted to post a quick update on this Predator. The car has been under the hand of the Fox "master restorer" in Kansas for the past few months.

His amazing skill...attention to detail...and crazy-fast work ethic...have produced an incredible transformation of this car. Resident Predator guru Chris Lott will aid my cause with the posting of some pictures tomorrow.

This funky brown LX-based Predator is now a true show-stopper. Stay tuned...

Ya buddy can't wait!!!

Looking forward to seeing this one..
    Current rides:
    89 LX 5.0, 5 -spd..the Lemon
    86 RS Capri 5.0 Auto...
    86 LX Colorado SSP 5.0 5-spd (Sadly Sold)
    85.5 SVO, Finally Got Boost
    83 RS Capri 5.0, 5-spd (another sadly sold)

This is the car that i wanted more than any car on this site. It is the tip of the sword. All i could muster up was 85-0112 for a few dollars more. I know these are worht more than saleens. Just gotta get the first get together out of the way so peeps start to understand the value of the soloman history. Very rare cars right here folks. Like looking at hemi cudas in the cuda days.

I have a second predator as well such as your self and i cant wait to get some organ pipe speakers on the rear deck and a nice whip antenna on the quarter. And a dukes of hazard rebel yell horn. Saweet.

But for real, i cant wait to see this. I was just looking at the predator list and went looking to see if you had started on this car and wow ! Almost done. Makes me want to keep my cars, but money talks. Show me the benjamins and you too can go to the rock show in a predator this year.

Peace beaches
    HARVESTER OF EYES

DAMN IT! LET THE RABBITS WEAR GLASSES, SAID THE CRIES OF THE CARROT.
    YOU SHOULD NEVER SMOKE IN PAJAMAS, YOU COULD CATCH ON FIRE AND BURN YOUR FACE.

This is good news! Dan does great work. Looking forward to new pics so I can update the registry with an 'after' restoration.
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

FEP Registries: Black Magic & Crimson Cat / Cobra / Dominator / G.T.350 / LTD LX/Police & Marquis LTS / M81 / Pace Car / Predator / Saleen / Turbo GT & Turbo RS / Twister II

Wanted (Dead or Alive): VINs, door tags, buck tags, build sheets, window stickers, owner cards, transmission tags, axle tags

FEP Super Member
    Blog Entries

cool and congrats!!

Here are some pictures for Mark. The Predator restoration guru, our own Dan Gournaris, has done a magnificent job on this one. Here's the before, in case anyone needs a reminder:

And after the transformation: (fender badges and a couple minor details left to come)

Absolutely incredible. So glad this car went to such a great home, and that Dan was able to find the time to squeeze one more restoration before he does some of his own projects. Mark, congrats again on the beautiful 1 of 1 car.
    Chris Lott
    '81 Cobra T-Top - Black
    '85 Dominator GT - Black, 24k miles
    '85 Predator GT302R #150R - Light Regatta Blue
    '85 Predator GT302 Convertible #119 - White w/blue stripes For Sale
    '86 Texas DPS Mustang (Unit # unknown) - undergoing resto

Very unique car. Didn't think about it, but being LX based would mean no spoiler.
    1984 Mustang GT owned since 1991 (first car). Mercury Mountaineer GT-40P engine, some suspension mods, currently undergoing a five lug SN95 brake upgrade and more suspension mods. Some minor body and interior mods have been done as well.

2004 GT convertible, 2001 Taurus LX, 1994 F150, 1950 F-1 Ford Pickup

Damn that looks slick man. Congrats. Hopefully mine will look as nice as that someday. Don't know where to begin though. Congrats!!

very clean!! looks great!!

Very nice car. Looks amazing!

Whereabouts in KS??

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2
    Have
    '84 GT
    '86 SVO 2R
    '02 GT

Thank you Chris for all of your help in this. No way this car would have been done without your help.

Dan works so amazingly fast, it's crazy! The guy certainly knows Fox bodies. Very cool!!

Such a beautiful Predator. Love that it is lx based and a great color combo. Very unique. Dan does great work on these cars.
    Current: 81 Cobra T Top, 79 Cobra.
    Past Toys: 1964 Falcon Vert, 1966 Mustang(owned twice), 70 Conv, 1978 Mustang II(first car), 80 Cobra, 81 Cobra, 82 GT T-Top, 85 GT 3,900 miles, 85 Predator/Twister 5S-0149, 86 Saleen 177, 86 SVO, 86 Mustang GT, 86 Mustang GT Vert, 87 Mustang GT, 89 Mustang Notch, 2003 Mustang GT Roush Clone, 2006 Mustang V6(Stainless Works LT's, MBRP cat back, 3.73's, tb, cai), and my favorite 2002 Mustang GT MPH 302 stroker, KB 2.2, TKO 500 640rwhp/591torque.

This car, if I calculate correctly, marks the 4th predator saved by Dan. I think we owe him a debt of gratitude for putting in the blood, sweat and tears to save these cars. The hobby and the cars running around on the road probably wouldn't be here without him!
    Chris Lott
    '81 Cobra T-Top - Black

Well that looks incredible, not much else I can say except I want to see more. These cars will take off in value and this one will be very close to, if not at the top of the pile. Did it really not come with a spoiler originally, or does it still need to be put on? Where do the predator numbers come from?

Congrats and enjoy!
    Cheers!

Mike (TopGear85)

Have:
    85 Saleen #73-GT,2R,TuTone,Cruise,Pos,5spd,Charcoal
    ***August 2015 ROTM Winner!***

Had:
    79PC-San Jose #2890
    86GT-9L,TuTone,5spd,T-Tops,Sand Beige
    86GT-9L,TuTone,5spd,T-Tops,Charcoal
    90LX-Oxford Wht,5spd,Sunroof,5.0 Hatchback
    90GT-Oxford Wht,5spd

Quote Originally Posted by 02Z06 View Post
    This car, if I calculate correctly, marks the 4th predator saved by Dan. I think we owe him a debt of gratitude for putting in the blood, sweat and tears to save these cars. The hobby and the cars running around on the road probably wouldn't be here without him!
    Absolutely the truth.
    Current: 81 Cobra T Top, 79 Cobra.
    Past Toys: 1964 Falcon Vert, 1966 Mustang(owned twice), 70 Conv, 1978 Mustang II(first car), 80 Cobra, 81 Cobra, 82 GT T-Top, 85 GT 3,900 miles, 85 Predator/Twister 5S-0149, 86 Saleen 177, 86 SVO, 86 Mustang GT, 86 Mustang GT Vert, 87 Mustang GT, 89 Mustang Notch, 2003 Mustang GT Roush Clone, 2006 Mustang V6(Stainless Works LT's, MBRP cat back, 3.73's, tb, cai), and my favorite 2002 Mustang GT MPH 302 stroker, KB 2.2, TKO 500 640rwhp/591torque.

We have pictures of the car when it was nearly new:

The car is an '85 LX 5.0 car, and as such, did not come with a spoiler (Solomon did not install one).
    Chris Lott
    '81 Cobra T-Top - Black

What color are those stripes? Gold or beige?
    Stan
    1986 Ford Mustang Saleen #80 Gray/gray
    1986 Mercury Capri ASC McLaren Coupe#20 Black/silver, gone.
    1985 GT Silver/gray T-top car, gone
    1985 Canyon Red Turbo coupe, gone

Awesome vintage picture. Should the car have those wheels, or we're they added by a PO? I didn't realize LX's didn't come standard with a spoiler. I don't think I've ever seen one without one? Learn something new every day.
    Cheers!

Mike (TopGear85)

Have:
    85 Saleen #73-GT,2R,TuTone,Cruise,Pos,5spd,Charcoal
    ***August 2015 ROTM Winner!***

Had:
    79PC-San Jose #2890
    86GT-9L,TuTone,5spd,T-Tops,Sand Beige
    86GT-9L,TuTone,5spd,T-Tops,Charcoal
    90LX-Oxford Wht,5spd,Sunroof,5.0 Hatchback
    90GT-Oxford Wht,5spd

Dan i want to thank you right now as curis says you are helping the cause and plight of the predator owner and every time one of these cars is completed the rest of the ones left still, has thier value go up just a wee bit more.

Very nice

congrats to dan the man

congrats to the owner of 0126 to have the foresite and understanding to realize the value and meaning of these cars at a time when they are not getting a second look by most mustang guru's.

Later holmes
    HARVESTER OF EYES

The car did originally have the 4 spoke ET Mags on it, as evidenced in the picture.
    Chris Lott
    '81 Cobra T-Top - Black

Wow! Dan never ceases to amaze me! To think if I had not spotted that Predator Roll Bar on CL years ago would Chris and Dan ever gotten together to restore all these cool cars!
    Steve
    "Taillights in Your Face Jack? You've just been Dominated!"
    # Link to Facebook Dominator Mustang Fans # # Link to Facebook Predator Mustang Fans #
    # Link to Facebook Twister Mustang Fans #
    Current Stangs: Stangless
    Previously owned:
    84 Black GT, 85 Black T-Top Dominator GT # Link to Restoration Thread # 85 Dominator GT RIP 1995, 85 Predator GT, 83 Dominator GT, 82 Mustang GT

Quote Originally Posted by TopGear85 View Post
    Awesome vintage picture. Should the car have those wheels, or we're they added by a PO? I didn't realize LX's didn't come standard with a spoiler. I don't think I've ever seen one without one? Learn something new every day.
    The spoiler didn't become standard until the mandatory third brake light in 1986. The only Mustangs that got spoilers in 1985 were the GTs.
    1984 Mustang GT owned since 1991 (first car). Mercury Mountaineer GT-40P engine, some suspension mods, currently undergoing a five lug SN95 brake upgrade and more suspension mods. Some minor body and interior mods have been done as well.

2004 GT convertible, 2001 Taurus LX, 1994 F150, 1950 F-1 Ford Pickup

This car should have much more interest about now. Bizarre. Humpty bump. Sweetness.
    HARVESTER OF EYES

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast