Close

Default Does anyone know what speakers and size fit the dashboard of a 1985 mustang vert

I have a 1985 mustang vert, all of the speakers are blown in the dash board and am looking for replacements, looking for a size and any reccomendations, thanks

in the dash are 3.5's
    86 GT WORKinPROGRESS

Dave

If common sense was common wouldn't it just be sense?

1983 Capri L T top 5.0 efi aod
    1983 Capri RS Turbo
    1981 Black Magic 400 c6
    93 F-250 351 5sp 4x4

FEP Power Member

I spent a lot of time reading the posts on this website and after all my research and looking I settled for Memphis Car Audio 3.5's. They have a true tweeter in them and they clear the dashboard perfectly. In the back of my convertible I installed round 6.5's from the same company. The advantage there was that the speaker have adjustable tweeters where I could aim them towards my ears. It was my best option without cutting anything on the car. Sounds much better than stock speakers. Wish I could have put a killer system in the car that thumps out Rap music next to me in traffic. If you like Rap that's o.k. But it's really bad when the whole car vibrates so bad where you hear nothing but rattling anything that is not screwed down tight. That's the ultimate of uncool.

Depends on your entire plan....

If you're just doing those speakers then go for some pioneer tsa878 I believe that's the right number for the ones spoken of so often on FEP.

If you're adding a sub, amps, etc. You'll want some thing that gives more highs, then mids and bass come from the rear.

If the whole package is in your plans, let's also discuss your alternator, and power options.

Good luck with either route.

Rick