Close

Default HID's in Foureyes?(And a few other lighting questions)

First off, any one here ever put HID's in their four-eye fox? I got some Projectors from AM and wanna go all out and throw in HID's... has anyone here done it? What do I need to do to make it fit? How do they wire in?

Second question, how do i replace my front turn signal bulb? And what kind of bulb does it take(ie. 1156, 1157, etc...)?

Thanks to any one who can answer these

Quote Originally Posted by Capriman86 View Post
    Start here.....lots of posts on the HID's

http://vb.foureyedpride.com/search.php?searchid=2496
    All i got was this message.....Name:  Screenshot_2014-04-25-08-58-27.jpg
Views: 26
Size:  40.5 KB

Neither here nor there

Hrmmm, ok, sroll down to the bottom of this page, look for the SEARCH, just under it is Advanced Search, click that, where it says "tag" put in HID and click search.

The AM projectors aren't real projectors, so putting an ultra bright HID bulb is going to blind other drivers/throw light in places it doesn't need to go. People have retrofitted projectors into 4x6 lights, but it takes quite a bit of fabrication work and you would have to cut the headlight panel to make it work.

Here's a decent retrofit on a 4x6 - http://www.s10forum.com/forum/f62/re...usings-457043/

I know they aren't "real" projectors, about blinding other drivers.. everyone and their mother has HIDs here OR is disrespectful enough to drive everywhere with highbeams on, so i could care less, not to sound rude or anything though. I find the light distribution excellent, and definitely is a heck of alot better than sealed beams. Thanks for the input though, but I find "retro fits" kinda ugly IMO

Mine:

Name:  Projectors.png
Views: 43
Size:  835.7 KB

Retrofits:

Name:  retrofit.jpg
Views: 34
Size:  92.7 KB

I agree that they all look a bit off, some more than others. But you have to decide which is more important. Not all of them have to look ugly;

A retrofit done by these guys - http://www.lightwerkz.net/photo/davids-4x6-conversion/

As for blinding others, that's up to you. But what's the point of upgrading your headlights and then not getting anything out of that upgrade because you're pointing light in directions that it doesn't help make seeing actually better? Seems a bit pointless to me. It will also make you a target for the cops, they may not pull you over because of the lights, but find the wrong cop and you can bet it will be added to the list of things you'll get a ticket for. Or around here the anytime somebody does something stupid in a car that cops will 'crack down' on whatever, and poor HID conversions are among the first to get pulled over (kind of hard to go incognito when you're lights are giving the birds in the trees a sunburn).