Close

Thread: Interior color

Default Interior color

Were there different shades of gray used in 1984 GTs or was there only one shade? Thanks. Also has anyone used the plastic dash pad cover? If so what is your thoughts on it?

There was just one gray for the interior. I had one of those caps in an 84 and it actually fit really well. I never attached it, just dyed it and set it in place.
    1984 Mustang GT owned since 1991 (first car). Mercury Mountaineer GT-40P engine, some suspension mods, currently undergoing a five lug SN95 brake upgrade and more suspension mods. Some minor body and interior mods have been done as well.

2004 GT convertible, 2001 Taurus LX, 1994 F150, 1950 F-1 Ford Pickup

Ok thanks. I think its Charcoal gray right? And yeah i was wanting to ask somebody because I was scared it would look tacky.

Yeah, charcoal gray is right. Except for the speaker holes not matching the stock locations, no one could really tell it had a cap on it. Why they didn't make the holes in the cap match the stock dash pads I'll never know. Looked better than the carpet cover I have in my GT now.
    1984 Mustang GT owned since 1991 (first car). Mercury Mountaineer GT-40P engine, some suspension mods, currently undergoing a five lug SN95 brake upgrade and more suspension mods. Some minor body and interior mods have been done as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Travis T View Post
    Yeah, charcoal gray is right. Except for the speaker holes not matching the stock locations, no one could really tell it had a cap on it. Why they didn't make the holes in the cap match the stock dash pads I'll never know. Looked better than the carpet cover I have in my GT now.
    Ok thanks. Your on sefb too right?

Yes I am, same user name.

1984 = Charcoal (no "Gray" in the name)
    1985-86 = Charcoal/Gray (which color depends on which part of the interior it is)
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

FEP Registries: Black Magic & Crimson Cat / Cobra / Dominator / G.T.350 / LTD LX/Police & Marquis LTS / M81 / Pace Car / Predator / Saleen / Turbo GT & Turbo RS / Twister II

Wanted (Dead or Alive): VINs, door tags, buck tags, build sheets, window stickers, owner cards, transmission tags, axle tags

What about the carpet for an 84 Capri RS Turbo? I ordered the 'charcoal' from one of the ACC resellers that said it was correct for the 84's but it is almost black vs. the door panel carpet (all I have left.)

I've asked ACC for samples since 'charcoal' obviously wasn't correct.

Thanks,

Chris
    I'm an FEP Paid Supporter and proud of it. Are you?

1984 Capri Turbo RS - Alive after 7 years! Build Thread
    2018 Mustang GT - daily driver

Yeah, charcoal to ACC means nearly black.