Close

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Your car looks great! I really like the 4-eye Saleens.

Very nice. Well done. Looks great!
    Rob

Thank you for all of the kind words. I love this car and had a lot of great help from members on this forum and the entire Saleen community.

Took it to it's first show over the weekend and brought it home. Had several neighbors and friends come over just to see it

More pics as requested
    Attached Images Attached Images      

The blue California license plates look great on Sinnamon. I believe 86 was the last year California used those plates. Hows that 331 so far? I'd like to build a 331 or 347 in the near future.
    Current Cars:
    1979 Mustang Ghia Coupe 5.0 3J Bright Blue
    1984 GT T top 306 5 speed "Black Mamba"
    1986 Saleen Black with Silver Stripes 86#009
    1986 Mustang GT Medium Canyon Red 5 speed 5.0
    1999 Mustang GT Convertible 35th anniversary 69K miles.
    2002 Nissan Maxima 6 Speed "Daily Driver"
    2009 Corvette 6 speed LS3

1998 Cobra 71k miles Canary Yellow "Nana" SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by BlackMamba View Post
    The blue California license plates look great on Sinnamon. I believe 86 was the last year California used those plates. Hows that 331 so far? I'd like to build a 331 or 347 in the near future.
    I think you are correct on the plates. I scored this one from Ebay for 10$ and it even has an 87 registration sticker on it.

The 331 is awesome so far but I have not drove the car very much yet. Saving my gas money for the 3 hour drive to Carlisle

331 + 410 gears + 180 mile 1 way interstate trip = GULP GULP at the pumps!!

It looks like the blue plates ended in 1982. From there they went to the white plate with the sun logo. They are offering new vintage plates [the yellow with black characters (50's), black with yellow (60's), and your blue and yellow (70's)], but sales for each have to hit 7500 before they will issue that style. The deadline is January 1st. So far the black plate with yellow characters is the only one close to the order requirement with 7100 ordered. The other two are only around 1000-1500 each ordered, so if you want one of those styles you might be s.o.l.

It's pretty cool that they are even doing this. They are called Legacy Plates if anyone is interested. Your Saleen is awesome btw!
    Cheers!

Mike (TopGear85)

Have:
    85 Saleen #73-GT,2R,TuTone,Cruise,Pos,5spd,Charcoal
    ***August 2015 ROTM Winner!***

Had:
    79PC-San Jose #2890
    86GT-9L,TuTone,5spd,T-Tops,Sand Beige
    86GT-9L,TuTone,5spd,T-Tops,Charcoal
    90LX-Oxford Wht,5spd,Sunroof,5.0 Hatchback
    90GT-Oxford Wht,5spd

FEP Senior Member

Actually '86 was the last year for blue plates and first year for white plates. The white plates were a couple extra bucks at the tag agency and most people opted for them instead. A couple people from California have confirmed as does the dmv. Plus #26 still wears it's original blue plates as confirmed by pictures. They look great though, the car is beautiful.
    1986 Saleen #26 - Saugus Pace Car
    1988 Range Rover Classic - The Shop Truck

well I finally scored a vintage Saleen jacket from Ebay
    Name:  IMG_0603.jpg
Views: 122
Size:  63.0 KB
    86-64

2002-168

Quote Originally Posted by BlackMamba View Post
    Yes there is netted halo headrest that will fit those 85/86 seats. They came in the 1983 Mustangs only. They are rare and expensive but they are out there and make the seats look 100x better IMO. I have a set of them in my 98 cobra as well.
    Here is a picture of the ones i have installed on the cobra seats.
    Check the for sale postings on here, Mike has/had a pair for sale recently. I would've snatched them up already if I didn't have two sets.

Here is a link on them:
    Go to post #23, there is a pair of SVO/Motorsport seats with the netted halos on.
    http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...s-fit-GT-Seats

I would try to match up the fabric of the seats to the door panels. So if you use the SVO door panels, go with the SVO seats or material.
    The SVO leather wrapped e brake handle is great. I'm going to use one on mine with a Motorsport leather shifter boot.
    I bought a leather e brake handle off a 98 cobra but I haven't tried to fit it into the 84-86 e brake to see if it fits properly. If you notice on the picture I Posted above, the SN cobras used a 2 piece leather wrapped handle.
    Cool I have a set on my 83, never knew they were actually 83 halo netted headrests. Learn something new here everyday. Love the red Saleens!

Sweet jacket! I love stuff like that, especially vintage Motorsport or Saleen jackets. I would love to find an original Saleen "Members Only" jacket from back in the day. I've seen a couple guys on here that have been lucky enough to buy cars from owners that kept everything from their Saleen purchase....I wasn't so lucky. If I ever find one of those Saleen "Members Only" jackets I imagine the cost will be insane.

Your car is amazing btw...I love the upgrades you went with (SVO sails, hurst shifter, etc). I hope mine looks half as good someday.
    Cheers!

Mike (TopGear85)

Have:
    85 Saleen #73-GT,2R,TuTone,Cruise,Pos,5spd,Charcoal
    ***August 2015 ROTM Winner!***

Had:
    79PC-San Jose #2890
    86GT-9L,TuTone,5spd,T-Tops,Sand Beige
    86GT-9L,TuTone,5spd,T-Tops,Charcoal
    90LX-Oxford Wht,5spd,Sunroof,5.0 Hatchback
    90GT-Oxford Wht,5spd

Thanks Mike!

I would love one of the members only jackets or one of the red/white/black jackets also. I bought a Ford Motorsport members one style jacket off the back of a guy in my local library two years ago ---- my wife was embarrassed - I was excited because I bought it for $20. I love anything Saleen or Ford Motorsport.

Thinking of showing up at the next car show with that jacket, a top gun T shirt and some old acid wash jeans with some chuck taylors on
    86-64

2002-168

Quote Originally Posted by 83gtstang View Post
    Cool I have a set on my 83, never knew they were actually 83 halo netted headrests. Learn something new here everyday. Love the red Saleens!
    a set of those netted headrest and clear headlight covers are still on my wish list

Mamba or Mike can you take a picture of your dome/map light for me
    86-64

2002-168

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123