80 Mustang
    65 Continental
    62 Galaxie 500
    54 Packard

Stock never goes out of style.

and to be restored by gas monkey
    02 F150 Lightning
    82 mustang gt

I will have to watch that. I don't always agree with their builds, but I do think Richard is entertaining. The first two Firebirds is pretty cool. I hope they go into detail on how they ended up there in the barn.
    1982 Dominator GT
    *1st Dominator ever sold and
    autographed by Jackie Stewart *
    1993 Corvette
    2005 Roush Mustang
    2008 Escape
    (DD)

I'm curious to know if it is really the first two, and if so, why wouldn't a real restoration shop be doing them? Everything on the show is fake, Discovery bought that Ferrari for 80k, not the 400k they supposedly spent.
    1984 Mustang GT owned since 1991 (first car). Mercury Mountaineer GT-40P engine, some suspension mods, currently undergoing a five lug SN95 brake upgrade and more suspension mods. Some minor body and interior mods have been done as well.

2004 GT convertible, 2001 Taurus LX, 1994 F150, 1950 F-1 Ford Pickup

Quote Originally Posted by Travis T View Post
    I'm curious to know if it is really the first two, and if so, why wouldn't a real restoration shop be doing them? Everything on the show is fake, Discovery bought that Ferrari for 80k, not the 400k they supposedly spent.
    Not defending the show or anything, but how do you know that they paid 80k for it? I don't buy everything that is on tv, especially on car shows, but I wasn't there, so I don't know what happened or what was paid for it. I watch the show because I think that Aaron does good work and makes since when he talks about the cars. Richard is to over the top and needs to tone it down... a lot.

Adam
    84 lx convertible - 306 w/auto...moderate motor build completed June 2013
    93 lx - Sold
    In search of a CC or BM project that isn't rusted out...need a Capri!!!

Daily Drivers
    04 Mazda 6 Sport
    12 F-250 XL w/CC and 6.2L

I will agree that not all car shows are up to par (graveyard cars comes to mind= restoring cars from junk yards, retitling (read "SALVAGE TITLE") and then selling for $$$$). Authentication of first Firebirds, to me, would be priority. Secondly, having a shop known for antics doing a valuable restoration doesn't give me a warm fuzzy. Having a restoration parts company like Classic Camaro would be better IMHO. Having a restoration done on the show, to me, is just a big pr gig.....
    Just my $.02
    Last edited by conmech; 04-20-2014 at 11:42 AM.
    conmech - aka Marshall
    Pending build-1983 Mercury Capri RS NOT staying as it left the showroom floor......
    Sonic blue pearl, sand beige, netted halos, FR500 wheels and shiny under the hood.

There are several good Ferrari sites that have discussed that car to death and as low as production was, the story on every F40 is pretty well known. All the dollar figures especially are inflated. Look at their eBay page. Lots of the cars that "sold" on the show actually sold on eBay for less than the claimed buying price, such as the Amphicar.
    1984 Mustang GT owned since 1991 (first car). Mercury Mountaineer GT-40P engine, some suspension mods, currently undergoing a five lug SN95 brake upgrade and more suspension mods. Some minor body and interior mods have been done as well.

FEP Power Member

Too bad someone else didn't find it. After observing several of their shows I've become convinced that they do poor quality work. Not good having butchers working on something so rare.

Sadly they will likely be restored with generic restoration parts and body shop tactics instead of the expensive and more correct NOS parts that they deserve.
    Black 1985 GT: 408w, in the 6's in the 1/8 mile
    Bimini Blue 1988 LX 5.0 Coupe 5-speed, Hellion turbo, zero options
    Grabber Yellow 1973 Mustang Mach 1: 351c, toploader
    Black 2012 5.0 GT, 6-speed, Brembo brakes, 3.73's
    Wimbledon White 1966 F-100 Shortbed Styleside, 390, Tremec 3550, FiTech EFI

I saw on msn an interview they has with dude. He said they sold the cars and restored them to 100 point quality. I guess we will have to see.

I bet they will clearcoat over the rust like they do on all the other cars they work on. to them its not rust its patina

Restore a prototype? How did they leave GM? Or are they modified personal cars?
    Any documentation? Where are all the other parts? Look like junkers.
    Redo all the tiny details of a hand built item by someone who never seen the cars, nor has any idea what, why, how something was done?
    Suckers.

Post #24 on here about the Ferrari - http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/288...st-loud-2.html

Sadly, I wanted to like the show and I do watch it, but I don't know why. They don't seem to properly finish most cars, like if it can't be seen from standing beside it, it doesn't get touched. There were some in depth conversations about that nice green 1969 F100 they did, like they claimed to pay something like $3200 for the wheels on it, but the guy they bought them from was a member of the site discussing it and said it was $800 or something. Never sold at auction for $50k as KC owns it. Even the brown Model A they did on the first episode is still in their shop in the background! I don't know why reality TV has to be touched up, it's not like inflating the dollar amount makes it more exciting.

Nottingham, PA now...from Perryville, MD...From Levittown, PA

I met him once. Recently. He is full of himself but many successful people are. Say what you want about the cars. He is worth about $10 million. And that was prior to the show. He is doing something right.
    My name is Andrew
    1986 GT Convertible- 2nd owner
    1984 SVO-Impound Yard find

Well it looks like they are the real deal!!! Bought them both for 70k.

That tom guy on the show supposedly got fired in February. I wonder when they actually bought those cars
    My name is Andrew

Tom gets fired often.

Not much left on those cars after all the replacement stuff. Nice to see they brought in a ringer to supervise the restoration
    My name is Andrew

After seeing what they did to that Fairmont box top, I have no respect for him.

I missed that episode. I know of it (it was chrome wrapped) but not the details. My on demand doesn't go that far back
    My name is Andrew

Quote Originally Posted by Blainer View Post
    After seeing what they did to that Fairmont box top, I have no respect for him.
    That was a total waste. That car had such potential when they bought it already having an HO, T5 and 3.55 8.8 in it, and they ripped all that out and threw it away! They paid a premium for a modified Fairmont and tossed all the value.

Quote Originally Posted by Travis T View Post
    That was a total waste. That car had such potential when they bought it already having an HO, T5 and 3.55 8.8 in it, and they ripped all that out and threw it away! They paid a premium for a modified Fairmont and tossed all the value.
    You must didn't watch that episode??? They didn't ditch the 5.0,T-5 and 8.8....where did you get that idea??? They did a 5-lug conversion and a rear gear swap. Here's the list of mods on the car from Ebay plus it sold for over 16k. Where was the lost value??? Haters gonna hate......

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1978-Ford-Fa...p2047675.l2557

The 8.8 was swapped for one out of a newer Mustang for some reason, and I'm pretty sure they mentioned on that episode replacing the engine and transmission with a new one. Maybe they didn't, but that could have really been a neat car when done. Instead, the car was sinfully ugly when they finished it and if the dollar figures on that ebay ad are correct, they lost a lot of value on that car. Who sinks $40k into a Fairmont to build a drift car? I'm not a hater, I'm just sick of them advertising everything they do on the show as real. They had a 427 Corvette on there that he flipped, and one shot shows a small block Chevy under the hood. I'm a Ford guy and caught that.

I watched that 67 427 vette episode too and i never seen a small block in that show. Every time they showed the engine i saw a big block and i know my Chevy's VERY well. Might be time for a eye doctor visit brother...lol!!

FEP Power Member

They've bought and sold more than one C2 Vette on the show. Maybe you're confusing one of the others with the '67 427 car.

The thing I've been wondering is where do these shows advertise their cars for sale? Not just Gas Monkey, but Count's Kustoms. Because by the time an episode has aired, the car is almost certainly sold. What if I want to see what they have listed right now? Count's Kustoms has a section on their website they claim is for that purpose. But I have yet to see a single car listed there.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast