Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Keep us posted on the progress.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Raine View Post
    Also, i am getting much better at blending in down in the south. I'm actually from upstate New York.
    When in doubt, say " y'all " ---- and it IS both second-person singular AND second-person plural >>> see LINK.

Just bought a transmission and bellhousing. its a 4 speed from (i believe) an '82 GT.

If it ever stops raining, I'll get some new pics taken. I need to do a little research into where the intake and transmission originally came from.

I have a habit of making an "owners manual" for each of my vehicles. Since my Bronco II contains more non-bronco parts than stock parts, it was a necessity for me. I compile online and repair manual info for each part that is not stock, and combine it with the info for what is still stock. all of what i need, none of what i don't. then just print, organize, and put in a 3 ring binder. I have already started another manual for the mustang.

Dug up an old pic of the motor with a fox oil pan on it. need to find one with the dipstick in the pan, though. the original bronco pan is below it.

June 7, 1977 casting date. likely came out of a lincoln continental originally. i have read that the D8VE is also called a "heavyweight 302", but have not found any concrete info.
    Last edited by Tony Raine; 04-27-2014 at 03:55 PM. Reason: mixed up pics

alright, took a few pics.

bellhousing

the 4 speed. haven't done much research yet (i'm about to actually), but i have heard its not as strong as a t-5. not building a dragster, so thats ok for now.

now for the random freebees

kinda cool looking wheels for uni-lug. not sure if the backspacing is correct, but free is free

Ford transmission that was behind an iron duke in a jeep:

Not much to update. I've just been cutting up the black truck and loading up my trailer with scrap metal. Also, the gray truck is not mine, i am fixing it for a friend. Really need to get that thing running and out of my yard.

But i did find a little time to prop up the back of the svo and start soaking all the bolts

Been busy lately, but found a little time for the projects. scored a double-hump trans crossmember. cost: $0

svo rear axle is out

getting ready to pull the gas tank and rear axle out of the Ghia

found some junk wheels/tires for the front while i work on the back (i really don't like to lift an entire vehicle off the ground)

the black truck is getting smaller, slowly but surely

just for fun, here is a pic of my white-trash lawnmower. old, ugly, but is hydro-stat, and has an electric deck clutch. $200 total invested.
    Last edited by Tony Raine; 06-01-2014 at 03:47 PM.

Great lawnmower. You're fitting in there in northeast Arkansas just fine. Just kidding ... well sort of.

Thanks! I think....

Already bent up the lawnmower "bumper" pushing and pulling stuff around in the yard. oh well, just makes it that much uglier.

I have decided that once the Mustang is a rolling chassis again, its going in the garage. my wife will not be thrilled, but I really DON'T feel like doing another motor install in the dirt. The Bronco II's 2 motor swaps were done in dirt (2.8 to 302 to 5.0), which involved several test-fits. It sucks. bad.

We have a 2 car garage, and my 20 foot long work truck is just a little too long to fit, so i might as well.

I have a rear brake line question here (please help if you can):
    http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...50#post1653950

Not much progress, been fighting red wasps and yellow jackets most of the summer. both mustangs have several nests the size of softballs. If I empty 2 cans of wasp spray, I can keep them away for about 2 days tops.

lawnmower fried a piston ring, so i finally broke down and bought a new mower. old one still kinda runs, thanks to a crankcase full of gear oil.

prepping rear axle for removal. not sure what i'll do about an emergency brake, but I kept the line intact. not a high priority at the moment.

And axle is out. (yes, i have a crescent wedged in the end of my jack handle. long story, and its stuck good)

took the kicker shocks off for now. when I pull the gas tank to clean it out, I'll drill some holes and install the upper brackets

and its in. time to jack up the front (after i kill off the next invasion of wasps)

Got the front jacked up. There's a wasp nest under the front drivers side that I can't find, but they sure found me. Chased me all over the dang yard. I'm out of wasp spray, so this is where I stop for now

Dang red wasps......those jokers are for real and don't play nice. I learned that in my time in Mississippi between the red wasps, black widow spiders and other assorted evil creatures, anything left out in the yard can become a pain just trying to work on! They really slow down progress.
    Brock
    1984 Mustang LX Convertible 3.8L V-6/Auto (SOLD)
    1984 Mustang GT Hatchback 5.0 V-8/5 Speed

I'm an FEP Supporter and proud of it. Are you?

oh yeah, the wasps have definitely slowed my progress.

need to get these axles swapped, bad. the ghia's stuff is going under the white svo, so i can get it out of my yard as soon as possible.

next will be the f150, then the scrap.

goal is to be rid of everything but the bronco, mustang, and my spare parts collection. that way, when the weather starts cooling off, I'll just have my stuff to work on. I'm going to re-orient that stuff to make it easier to work on and mow around. plus, it will look neater. good thing i have the privacy fence, otherwise my neighbors would hate me.

Hey Tony, the progress looks good -- and the yard looks good, too. It appears to be a solid car. Great potential.

Have you seen all the Fox Mustangs around Jonesboro ---- several on CL and a couple of Hwy 49?

Thanks!

I've seen a few, most are way over-priced. I've been wanting to pick up another project, but three is two too many, haha.

on top of that, my old explorer is sitting in my yard too, with a possible cracked head. I borrowed it from my folks while my truck was being worked on, and it lasted one day. now that my truck is running, i need to trailer the explorer to a shop and have it fixed (not messing with over-head cam motors until I have an actual shop to work in)

my vehicular luck has not been the greatest lately. maybe once i complete my sacrifice of the 94 f150 to the scrap gods, my luck will change, haha....

I had not been following this thread so I did not know there were buck tags posted here and that you would like them decoded. I have posted a buck tag decoder in post #4 here: http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthread.php?161899
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

FEP Registries: Black Magic & Crimson Cat / Cobra / Dominator / G.T.350 / LTD LX/Police & Marquis LTS / M81 / Pace Car / Predator / Saleen / Turbo GT & Turbo RS / Twister II

Wanted (Dead or Alive): VINs, door tags, buck tags, build sheets, window stickers, owner cards, transmission tags, axle tags

Subscribed!

You've seen that I've done, I'm sure you can imagine what I'm about to do.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12