Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by wraithracing View Post
    Unfortunately it looks like the tires are directional and they were mounted incorrectly to begin with.

Trey
    Ah, well there you go.
    Last edited by escogt; 06-17-2014 at 09:04 PM.
    '85GT Bright Atlantic Blue
    '92LX Bimini Blue-sold
    '93 COBRA Teal Metallic-sold
    '86SVO Oxford White-sold
    '86GT 'Vert True Blue-sold
    '81'GT' Medium Red-sold

Well, thanks for pointing out the detail before I really went and made an @$$ of myself at some show. I put them on the car as the tires were mounted, didn't have a picture for reference... won't put all the blame on the tire shop, as I did tell them they were directional rims and they were labeled on each to what side of the car it would go on right out of the box. I verified with them as they did it. I saw the stickers myself. The rims came from the supplier with stickers on each noting "passenger" etc. So much for quality control....

Glad I and my car gave you all a good laugh. I'll be going now.
    1979 5.0 Cobra (Twice Bitten)
    2003 GT 'Vert
    2013 F150 EcoBoost 4x4
    Past Cars:
    1994 GT
    1985 GT
    1986 GT 'Vert
    1985 LX (2.3)
    1986 Turbo Coupe
    1986 5.0 5spd T-Top Capri GS

Quote Originally Posted by Rex_Arturus View Post
    Well, thanks for pointing out the detail before I really went and made an @$$ of myself at some show. I put them on the car as the tires were mounted, didn't have a picture for reference... won't put all the blame on the tire shop, as I did tell them they were directional rims and they were labeled on each to what side of the car it would go on right out of the box. I verified with them as they did it. I saw the stickers myself. The rims came from the supplier with stickers on each noting "passenger" etc. So much for quality control....

It's all good, brother!!
    '85GT Bright Atlantic Blue
    '92LX Bimini Blue-sold
    '93 COBRA Teal Metallic-sold
    '86SVO Oxford White-sold
    '86GT 'Vert True Blue-sold
    '81'GT' Medium Red-sold

Quote Originally Posted by Rex_Arturus View Post

No laughing here, just pointing out the inaccuracy. I promise you are not the first to have the 93 Cobra wheels mounted incorrectly. No big deal unless they bother you personally.

Trey
    ​Trey

"I Don't build it hoping for your approval! I built it because it meets mine!"

"I've spent most of my money on Mustangs, racing, and women... the rest I just wasted."

Mustangs Past: Too many to remember!
    Current Mustangs:
    1969 Mach 1
    1979 Pace Car now 5.0/5 speed
    1982 GT Stalled RestoModification
    1984 SVO Still Waiting Restoration
    1986 GT Under going Wide Body Conversion Currently

Current Capris:
    1981 Capri Roller
    1981 Capri Black Magic Roller Basket Case
    1982 Capri RS 5.0/4spd T-top Full Restoration Stalled in TX
    1984 Capri RS T-top Roller
    1983-84 Gloy Racing Trans Am/IMSA Body Parts

I took my rims off and back to the tire shop. They remembered me and the discussion we all had about the direction of the rim and tread. The guy was still convinced he had it right until I had him google a '93 Cobra. I (we) should've done that the day I took them the first time. They dismounted, reinstalled, and balanced all of them again at no charge. I was only out about an hour of my time total with the removal and taking them in to the shop (left the car at home on the jack stands). All fixed up correct now.

I know I'm not the first (nor will I be the last) to have them on backwards, but I have to admit it's embarassing when you post up your pride and joy and it has an "unexpected" flaw. For One, that as the owner you'd think I would have known better. In all my excitement to "get 'em on" I didn't see. Anyway, I do appreciate the kind words of what I would consider to be experts. For those who'd rather be "critics", I'll just take them (comments) for what they are.
    1979 5.0 Cobra (Twice Bitten)
    2003 GT 'Vert
    2013 F150 EcoBoost 4x4
    Past Cars:
    1994 GT
    1985 GT
    1986 GT 'Vert
    1985 LX (2.3)
    1986 Turbo Coupe
    1986 5.0 5spd T-Top Capri GS

High five to the shop for correcting it for you free of charge.

Now how about another photo of that great looking car with the wheels and tires on the right way
    1970 U14 Bronco
    1983 911 SC
    Sold - 1986 SVO 1D #9823

FEP Supporter

Quote Originally Posted by BrianM View Post
    High five to the shop for correcting it for you free of charge.

Now how about another photo of that great looking car with the wheels and tires on the right way
    That about says it all. 4 eye cars look awesome with 93 Cobra wheels! Let's see it!
    '85 GT

Glad to hear the shop took care of you. It's good to see there are still some businesses out there that care about customer service.

Sorry your reveal wasn't exactly the way you expected, but I don't believe any of the members here were trying to bash on you. As I said before I have seen the wheels mounted incorrectly many times. Heck, I even double checked before I commented to make sure I wasn't wrong!

So post up a new picture of your Cobra so we can all drool over it!

Trey
    ​Trey

"I Don't build it hoping for your approval! I built it because it meets mine!"

"I've spent most of my money on Mustangs, racing, and women... the rest I just wasted."

Mustangs Past: Too many to remember!
    Current Mustangs:
    1969 Mach 1
    1979 Pace Car now 5.0/5 speed
    1982 GT Stalled RestoModification
    1984 SVO Still Waiting Restoration
    1986 GT Under going Wide Body Conversion Currently

Current Capris:
    1981 Capri Roller
    1981 Capri Black Magic Roller Basket Case
    1982 Capri RS 5.0/4spd T-top Full Restoration Stalled in TX
    1984 Capri RS T-top Roller