Close

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: 84 Gt problems.

oh my. so id just be better off buying the ford racing delete kit

i ordered the ac delete from latemodelres

or i could ahve waited and seen if this guy that lives 30mins away had a factory non ac car.. but he would let me know thursday and the ac delete would be here friday.. so i went ahead and ordered it.

didnt get to go to the junk yard today. possibly going tomorrow and seeing if he can swap the new 110amp alt for a 130amp. and possibly getting another distubtion box.

would the ltd radiator be a better upgrade then mine?
    Last edited by snows84coupe; 08-20-2014 at 07:47 AM.

one hell of a week...

got my part in. mounted it.. it doesnt set up against my water pump with the ps mounted... my ps bracket is different from the ones other people used...

for now i tool some nuts to use a spacers and ran on the wp screws its lined up.

could wire the alt today. forgot how the old one was wired. i guessed and it seems to be working..
    going to change the plugs tomorrow and mount the coil. maybe do some rewiring. got another distubiuon box..
    the ps is whining, i guess i leaked too much fluid out going to get some tomorrow.

my ps looks like this one
    Name:  $_57.jpg
Views: 68
Size:  82.6 KB

i switched the spark plugs wires to how they should be, wired up the new alt. i think i did it correct. and installed the new coill..

well now its blowing gas from the carb and it caught onj fire once.. im thinking the wires are the way they are for a reason

Little more luck...

i bought a ignition coil for my car.. and forgot it didnt have the horseshoe connector still on it.. yupp.

switched the wires to how theyy were before.. its cranking. no clue how the alternator wires were. if someone could, would you snap a pic of the alt wiring?

its sounding like pure crap..

the new alt i am getting the parts to wire is a 6g 110amp. itll do good for m,y purposes and its basically brand new.

any help would be appreciated

Alternator is a pretty simple deal. The fat wire is hard to get wrong, so that only leaves the field
    wire, stator wire (if you're using a factory Ford choke heater) and the ground wire, which wasn't
    originally used on Fox Mustangs. The field (F terminal on alternator and regulator) should be orange
    with light blue stripe. The F terminal is the one closest to the rear bearing nub, and usually has
    an orange insulator ring around it. If you're using the choke heater, it's a straight shot from the
    alternator to the choke.

If you used Dexron in your power steering pump, it's far more likely to howl than if you use Type F.
    Last edited by JACook; 08-29-2014 at 09:22 AM.
    Cheers,
    Jeff Cook

'85 GT Hatch, 5-speed T-Top, Eibachs, Konis, & ARE 5-Spokes ... '85 GT Vert, CFI/AOD, all factory...
    '79 Fairmont StaWag, 5.0, 62K original miles ... '04 Azure Blue 40th Anny Mach 1, 37K original miles...
    2012 F150 S-Crew 4x4 5.0 "Blue Coyote"... 65 coupe, 289 auto, Pony interior ... '67 coupe 6-cyl 4-speed ...
    '68 Vert, Mexican block 307 4-speed... '71 Datsun 510 ...
    And a 1-of-328 Deep Blue Pearl 2003 Marauder 4.6 DOHC, J-Mod, 4.10s and Lidio tune

thank you good sir. im almost certain thats how i have it wired. but its not charging. going to the junk yard today and buying some battery cables. and possibly some other things lol. rear view mirror.. my positive cable is just a 4ga amp wire.

car is going to be the death of me..

installed the 6g alt. got new battery and ground cables.. my car had a side post so i got some side post cables off some gm cars. gor the megafuse and a holder. ran the yellow wire to the postive post and the green and red to no where.

i took the factory wiring and the regulator out.

it runs fine... but only cranks when boosted off.. dunno if i have a bad battery or just the battery is too weak.

firing order we correct.

got a guy to look at it. my secondary on my car is no good at all. the rotor button aand cap is bad.

i have a chance to me seems like a rare find...

its a hood, bumper and air dam for $175. and i dont think its a replica. but it looks like the exact parts from maybe a 80s cobra..
    can someone confirm this? supposed to go get it tomorrow but wanna make sure before i buy it. my house is basically no good..
    Name:  10711562_446710462136183_404574591_n.jpg
Views: 27
Size:  74.8 KB

Looks like either 79 pace car or 80-81 Cobra parts to me.
    1984 Mustang GT owned since 1991 (first car). Mercury Mountaineer GT-40P engine, some suspension mods, currently undergoing a five lug SN95 brake upgrade and more suspension mods. Some minor body and interior mods have been done as well.

2004 GT convertible, 2001 Taurus LX, 1994 F150, 1950 F-1 Ford Pickup

decided not to buy mine.. didnt have the fender extentions. but would have been nice to have.

i guess im going to rebuild my carb now..

figured out the miss.. the gear thing that spins in the dizzy was moving around.. sadly i figured that out when i traded off the car..

needed to much work then i had money. especially one night after i was riding in it with my brother and we nearly hit a big dog and he slammed on the brakes and noticed there wasnt any back brakes at all..

i miss it, but i got a trade i couldnt refuse. a 96 silverado. no mechincal issues..

ill still browse around the site becaus ei love foxes. i will miss it but wasnt the most reliable..

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345