Close

Blog Entries

Default APRIL Nominations for FEP's Ride of the Month NOW OPEN

ALSO: THIS IS THE LAST ONE I CAN GUARANTEE I CAN OR WILL DO. I need someone to step up to handle this. This has turned out to be good for the site, but there's only so many 'little' jobs I can try to juggle before it all gets out of hand schedule-wise. It's probably a grand total of 2-4 hours of work per month and requires someone who is willing to contact the winner and is able to do a relatively simple article write-up based on the pictures and responses provided by the winner. I really have my hands full with everything else that goes on behind the scenes of the site. We've got a hidden help forum for site contributors set up where you can receive assistance on how to do anything you'd have any questions on, so you won't be thrown into the deep end without a life preserver.

Now, onto what you're here for:

Make sure you READ and UNDERSTAND each and EVERY rule before making your nomination.
    Nominations made that do not meet all criteria will not be valid. Nominations revised to rule standards will be accepted so long as corrections are made before the maximum of 5 valid nominations have been met, or before the fifth day of nominations being open (nominations will close regardless after 5 days). The first 5 valid nominations will go forward for voting. So long as THREE valid nominations are made by the end of the fifth day, the ROTM will happen.

A little common sense, consideration and forethought will go a long way in keeping this feature simple, fun and interesting.

There are so many different kinds of cars covered by this site that it would be appreciated if our polls reflected this. If someone's already nominated a red 85 GT, maybe hold off on your desire to nominate yet another red 85 GT for a while. Yes, they're great, and yes, there are a zillion of them, and yes, I'm someone who has one of the zillion, so I figured this was a nice, safe example. People aren't going to be able to maintain the same level of enthusiasm if they see what appears to be the same kinds of cars coming up month after month after month.

Cars don't have to be "show-quality" and they certainly don't need to be showroom stock. They just need to follow the tenets of the site.

We're going to want to do a write-up about the winning car, so it'd be nice if the owner would be able to be contacted for an interview of sorts by email or PM.

1. Nominated cars must be owned by active members. Please don't dig up a car from a 3 year old post and nominate it only for us to find that the car has been sold and the owner no longer visits.
    2. Members can put their own car forward in the nomination thread. However, if each month is nothing but people nominating their own cars, this is likely to be changed. We really want this to be a way for the whole community to recognize the work of others.
    3. The following MUST be included in the nomination:
      • 3 to 4 pictures. No links to pics, no telling someone where to find pics, they must be in the post.
      • The owner's FEP username, the year of the car and trim level/model.

4. Cars can't be nominated two months in a row. They can be nominated later on, like the month after or any other month where they were not included in the previous month's nominations.
    5. Only one nomination per site member. Made a nomination this month? Great, sit back and see what other members nominate. You can try again next month with a different car.
    6. Owners ARE allowed to adjust the pictures to be included in the poll. In the interest of timeliness, this must be done within 48 hours of the 5th and final nomination being made (or the 5th day of nominations being open). The owner may not post more than 4 pictures. If this is done, the first four the owner posts will be the ones to be voted on. Images cannot be changed after the allotted 48 hour time period.
    7. DO NOT get uptight about this. It's a feature for fun, there is no fame nor fortune to be found in it.

These rules may be revised at any time at the discretion of Site Staff.

I would like to Nominate the 1984 T Top Coupe owned by TrboFox...

This is my Favorite Fox of all time and the inspiration for our 84 T Top Coupe build..

Last edited by Her5.0; 03-20-2014 at 01:18 PM.
    1984 T Top Coupe-Coyote 5.0, 4R70W, Modified BBK Long Tubes, 3.73s-FOXOTE-(formerly...HERFOX)

FEP Ride of the Month January 2014.!!

So beautiful. Those are some awesome pics too. Its so photogenic.
    Stan
    1986 Ford Mustang Saleen #80 Gray/gray
    1986 Mercury Capri ASC McLaren Coupe#20 Black/silver, gone.
    1985 GT Silver/gray T-top car, gone
    1985 Canyon Red Turbo coupe, gone

Blog Entries

Remember folks, no matter how much you may like ONE nomination, we have to have at least THREE to move forward with the ROTM contest. Nominations end 5 days after they are opened, and there are 3 days left now.

Time for some SSP representation: Chris From '86 TX's DPS SSP, username 02Z06. Not sure why the pics are tiny.

Name:  DPSmustang2.jpg
Views: 585
Size:  213.5 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Last edited by jlehma13; 03-21-2014 at 04:12 PM.

Nice car good nomination but look at the rules You will need more Pics to officially nominate it. Nice choice though. Where are the Predators and the Dominators? Good Luck to all the nominees
    85 GT Vert 5 Speed 42K original miles As of right now Stock to the bone well not so much bolt ons going on

Default Nomination for 86capriASC ride.

p.s. Nice ride Mike

Thank you Dan
    Mike

1986 ASCMclaren #108
    stock short block, Victor EFI, 75mm TB, 3.08's, Borla cat-back, slot style MAF conversion, Gt-40p heads, TFS1 cam, 80lb injectors, 69mm turbo, Moates Quaterhorse, E85. 501/584 @ the rear wheels

Blog Entries

Need one more valid nomination in the next two days.

Also, if you're sitting there wondering why X or Y car isn't represented, well, go find one and nominate it! Pics can't post themselves.

I'd like to see a hot rod wagon nominated

Neither here nor there

Quote Originally Posted by PaceFever79 View Post
    I'd like to see a hot rod wagon nominated
    What's stopping ya! Do it up!

Default APRIL Nominations for FEP's Ride of the Month NOW OPEN

Quote Originally Posted by Capriman86 View Post
    What's stopping ya! Do it up!
    I'm mobile and searching for pics is not convenient right now.

Maybe someone else knows a good wagon?

DZNJ's 85.5 SVO:

Remember there were only 439 mid year SVO's produced....

His car was a "barn find" (basement garage actually), rescued and brought back to life:
    1979 Indy Pace Car Mustang 302 / 5spd
    1982 Mustang GT T-Top 302 / 4spd
    1986 SVO Mustang - 1C

Blog Entries

One nomination spot left and one day left for nominations!

redlordamazon

Nomination for Blue86 and his 1986 MOTORSPORT GT.
    http://s1011.photobucket.com/user/re...4ebb.jpg.html][/URL]

URL=http://s1011.photobucket.com/user/redlordamazon/media/image_zps78eaf081.jpg.html][/URL]

=http://s1011.photobucket.com/user/redlordamazon/media/image_zps24018721.jpg.html][/URL]

Last edited by redlordamazon; 03-22-2014 at 10:42 PM.

Well done guys, another fine group of candidates!

Blog Entries

Day 5 and 5 nominations! Those who put forward a car, please make sure the owner is aware of the nomination.

Thanks!