Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Travis T View Post
    Friend of mine had a perfectly good looking tire explode on the rear of his pickup pulling a trailer on the interstate at the time.
    Now that doesn't surprise me.

The tread beat the side of the bed off like a NASCAR tire explosion, but when he pulled over, the tire was still perfectly inflated. Only the tread had come off.
    I had this happen a few years ago to a front tire on a Ford Tempo. When I realized that I had something which was still inflated, I didn't even bother to stop - as I was headed to the tire store anyway. I just slowed down and got in the right lane and limped the rest of the way there. It left some marks on the oxidized and peeling grey paint, but I couldn't tell if it bent the fender up any more...
    '88 Mustang GT convertible, T5, 3.08:1 gears. 5.0 Explobra Jet: A9L Mass Air conversion, Fenderwell Mac cold air intake, 70mm MAF meter = 4.6 T-Bird/Cougar housing + '95 Mustang F2VF-12B579-A1A sensor, aftermarket 70mm throttle body and spacer, Explorer intakes, GT40P heads with Alex's Parts springs and drilled for thermactor, Crane F3ZE-6529-AB 1.7 "Cobra" roller rockers, Ford Racing P50 headers, Mac H-pipe, Magnaflow catback, Walbro 190 LPH fuel pump, UPR firewall adjuster and quadrant with Ford OEM cable, 3G conversion ('95 Mustang V6), Taurus fan, rolled on Rustoleum gloss white paint...
    Past Four Eyes: Red well optioned '82 GT 5.0, Black T-top '81 Capri Black Magic 3.3L 4 speed, Black T-top '84 Capri RS 5.0 5 speed.Over 200,000 miles driven in Four Eyes, and over 350,000 in Fox Body cars.

never seen or heard anything like any of these pictured

Shortly after separating from the Air Force, I had the ball joint on the left-front of my wife's Honda release itself from the tie-rod at state highway speed. Wheel assembly folded up and caused the car to veer toward an oncoming big-rig. Luckily, the center median was a dirt-filled, V-shaped design that prevented me from crossing into the big-rig's path.
    Craig "IDMooseMan" Peters
    1979 Mustang Ghia Notchback, 2.3L, Holley 5200, 4-spd, 3.08:1 7.5" diff, A/C, PS, PB, AM/FM/8-Track, Sunroof, Rear Defroster
    USAF SSgt 63170 1983 - 1992; Co-Founder, Vice President, Omega Delta Sigma, ID-A 2/2015
    To those that serve and have served, "Thank You", to those that haven't, "You're Welcome"
    2.3L Horsepower Potential Thread
    Buyer/Seller Experience Link
    Build Thread
    The Four-Eyed Game - 2018 Version

Name:  IMAG0389.jpg
Views: 44
Size:  58.9 KB

Ford nine inch in my 85 bronco with 38.5's

Snapped a few axles in my day but ahh why did this have to snap between the bearing and flange!! A Ford nine is semi floating so the shaft can snap ANYWHERE but there and it can still be driven.

Was taking a tight turn heard a pop truck fell, bounced up then my backing plate was on the ground. Lucky I have friends with ramp trucks.
    Current buggies

83 Mercury capri Crimson int, 331, TKO
    91 Camaro
    85 Full size Bronco
    00 Buell Cyclone
    76 FX
    86 Yamaha TRI-Z 250
    75 OSSA Super pioneer
    02 CR250

Name:  LS2 Fail.jpg
Views: 38
Size:  41.3 KB

This was in my wifes Trailblazer SS(no, I am not one of those guys who would put an LS into a mustang!). Found out it couldn't breath underwater the hard way.

My brother had a 84 cougar 5.0 had a blowout driving on I95 in PA killed the fender/washer/emissions, he was scared cause took control of wheel to the left but he managed to control it.
    Pulled up to the light the other day and a 3 year old on his big wheel looked over at me and then at the light. I knew that it was on. The big wheel was hooked up, rims, stickers, ground FX, the works. Just before the light turned green the little punk pointed to the NOS sicker on his machine and left a plastic patch that lasted about 100ft. I didn't stand a chance, I was smoked. He raised his fist in victory and went home for milk and cookies, I just went to the track.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12