Close

Default Mike from Dearborn, MI with an 83' LTD

Hello! My name is Mike, I've been looking for a good forum to join since I picked up my first Fox. Mine is the 4th to be in my Family. My Mom had a 79' Cougar wagon with a 200/C4 combo, My Dad an 86' Tbird with a 3.8/AOD combo, and my cousin had a 87' 5spd TC.

Anyway, Here it is...Picked it up at the end of September for a $1000.00. 1983 LTD Brougham, it rolled 40k when I brought it home. 3.8 V6 with the 2150 2bbl, I', not sure if it has the C4 or C5. It is a factory Air car, Power windows and locks, AM/FM w/ Premium sound...The Amplifier switch still works! Power antenna is broken but still there. All smog equipment is still intact, Cruise works but not well due to a possible vac leak and carb issue. It is virtually rust-free. Car was originally purchased by an older couple in Dearborn. They actually only lived about 10 blocks from me. Shortly after they bought it, they moved to Florida. The car was then brought back here by the family to be sold in an estate sale. A guy I know from my previous job bought the car on a whim. He had plans to do a LS swap, But fortunately he couldn't bring himself to hack the car up for it. And his wife said he had to part with one of his 7 cars.

What I have done so far:
    -Tune up: Plugs, Wires, Cap, Rotor.
    -Fuel pump(body was leaking), Rubber return line.
    -Struts and Rear HD shocks. Needs Coils all around.
    -Carb: Needs a rebuild, Have replaced the spacer, filter and diaphragm. EGR gasket.
    -Heater core.
    -Oil pressure switch.
    -2.25in dual exhaust from the cat-back with OEM style 5.0 mufflers.
    -Front window motors.
    -Valve cover gaskets.
    -Repainted Wheels and a set of Fairmont Dogdishes.
    -3.8 Fender badges.
    -Repainted Valve covers.

Upcoming repairs/modifications:
    -Brakes front and rear.
    -Rebuild Carb.
    -Coil springs front and rear...LX front coils and Wagon rears with 1in spacers for a slight rake.
    -Rear Window motors.
    -Gauges...Volt, Temp, Oil PSI, Tach.
    -Headers maybe with true duals at some point.

Future ModsWay down the road.)
    -Mildly built Supercoupe 3.8/5spd with Turbo coupe 8.8 rear.

Ok, enough talk...here's some pics.

Day I brought it home.

Interior.

Motor shot.

More...

New Duals.

Rocking the Dogdishes.

Welcome to FEP Good to have somebody else from Michigan Here. Good Luck with Your Project
    85 GT Vert 5 Speed 42K original miles As of right now Stock to the bone well not so much bolt ons going on

Thanks! I appreciate it. That's a nice vert you have.

Cool car! Very clean! You may not even need the spacers in the rear with the wagon springs.
    Brad

'79 Mercury Zephyr ES 5.0L GT40 EFI, T-5
    '17 Ford Focus ST
    '14 Ford Fusion SE Manual

Mike, welcome to FEP.
    Dave

If common sense was common wouldn't it just be sense?

1983 Capri L T top 5.0 efi aod
    1983 Capri RS Turbo
    1981 Black Magic 400 c6
    93 F-250 351 5sp 4x4

FEP Supporter

Wow, pretty nice all around car with a lot of potential for a grand! Tell me you drove home with the fuzzy dice hanging from the mirror before you tossed them in the back! Liking the dog dishes too.

Welcome to the site. You'll find a lot of info and inspiration around here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Travis T View Post
    I think this is my favorite car on the site right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by BLUECRAPI
    This is the best thread on the internet.
    Darran
    1982-1C (Black) GT T-Top:http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...he-Road-Thread
    1986-9L (Oxford White) SVO: http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...d-did-1986-SVO
    1979 (85:Tangerine) Coupe (my son's): http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...gerine-Machine
    1979 (3F:Light Medium Blue) Coupe (one day to be my other son's!) http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...um-Blue-Bomber!

Thank you Zephyr EFI! That is what I'm hoping for, to not need the spacers. So once I get the new coils in I'll go from there. You have a good looking car as well!
    Last edited by Mikethe80sFanatic; 02-25-2014 at 01:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mustangxtreme View Post
    Mike, welcome to FEP.
    Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by 82GTforME View Post
    Wow, pretty nice all around car with a lot of potential for a grand! Tell me you drove home with the fuzzy dice hanging from the mirror before you tossed them in the back! Liking the dog dishes too.

Welcome to the site. You'll find a lot of info and inspiration around here.
    Thanks! I like to think I got pretty lucky with it. I was pursuing an 85 LTD wagon, but seller would not contact me. But this was in Way better shape for the same price. And I did not know the fuzzy dice were in the car until I got home. But they have been hanging since! lol. I got the dog dishes and a right OEM fender from a friend for fifty bucks...couldn't pass on that!

Thank you for the welcome! I joined so I could learn more about these and share any knowledge I may have as well.

Hi Mike. Great car. Love stories about cars being with their original owners for years, then someone from the next generation or two, getting it. Good luck with the mods. I work for Ford in Dearborn. Welcome to the site!
    1986 Mustang GT w/T-Tops

Quote Originally Posted by mustangmania View Post
    Hi Mike. Great car. Love stories about cars being with their original owners for years, then someone from the next generation or two, getting it. Good luck with the mods. I work for Ford in Dearborn. Welcome to the site!
    Thank you! Maybe we will run into each other at one of several cruises or shows this year. Love the TRX wheels on your car! If they weren't such an odd-ball size, I'd love to have a set for my car.