Close

FEP Member

Default Driver info center

I had the car out today soaking up some of the nice weather here in Georgia. I drove out to a friends place and the car sat for about 4-5 hours. After starting it and turning on the lights the bulb for the headlight came on. I checked and both the lights work just fine. In fact they all work fine. Now, the car has silverstars on them with relays for max power. Maybe something wrong in a connection? Anyone ever do this and have this issue?

The headlight warning circuit doesn't work correctly with relays installed.
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

FEP Registries: Black Magic & Crimson Cat / Cobra / Dominator / G.T.350 / LTD LX/Police & Marquis LTS / M81 / Pace Car / Predator / Saleen / Turbo GT & Turbo RS / Twister II

Wanted (Dead or Alive): VINs, door tags, buck tags, build sheets, window stickers, owner cards, transmission tags, axle tags

The warning light works on current draw. If one light is out the current is 1/2 ,and the light turns on. I upgraded my 79 Capri with Halogen lights and when the low beam were on the headlight warning was on. I called it my low beam indicator and lived with it until I sold it.
    Ray
    86 Mustang LX 3.8 Convertible (bought new}
    65 Galaxie 500 XL 390 auto
    2A