Close

Default factory fog light wiring

I got an 85 Capri, it has the factory fog light switch under the dash. I put some aftermarket lights on it but couldn't find the factory wires to hook them to. Can anyone tell me where they might be and how many wires & colors? The circuit is at least working. With fog light switch on and lights on dim, the LED lights up and you hear the relay click. I just need to find the wires under the hood.

Yours is the one that someone aero nosed correct? The original fog light bar had a harness that ran across it, and it plugged into the car up in the fenderwell area somewhere, but not sure where. Maybe someone just unplugged your harness when they did the nose? I don't have anything in my car and am getting ready to wire it from scratch so I would like to know how this works too.
    1984 Mustang GT owned since 1991 (first car). Mercury Mountaineer GT-40P engine, some suspension mods, currently undergoing a five lug SN95 brake upgrade and more suspension mods. Some minor body and interior mods have been done as well.

2004 GT convertible, 2001 Taurus LX, 1994 F150, 1950 F-1 Ford Pickup

Here is how it is on my '86:

This is the fog light harness that clips into the bar that the fog lights themselves bolt into.
    The plug on the far right plugs into the light harness on the drivers side somewhere below the headlight and side marker from what I can remember. The colours for the fogs on mine are brown with orange stripe +12V and and black -ve.

Harness plug

Fog light plug

Plug from light wiring harness.

This feeds in an opening around the DS headlight and drops down to the fog light harness. The wiring for the windshield washer etc. goes down the same way, In front of my battery. Might be different on both yours' as the battery is on the other side on your car. But I think the colours will be the same on Krushers. Trav, are you adding after markets, or donor fogs?
    Hope this helps a little.
    Last edited by danco86; 02-20-2014 at 12:28 PM.
    Dan

http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...ng-GT-restomod

1986 Mustang GT Cobra
    Lotsa stuff, lotsa work. Check my thread above.

Daily drivers
    2002 F-350 7.3 Powerstroke crew 4X4
    2012 F-150 Ecoboost Screw FX4

I have an 84 with a build date of 12/83 and it has half the 84 1/2 stuff on it, and it has that plug! Just no switch or relay. Can't remember what side it was on, I had my entire harness ripped out. I'm using all factory parts on mine, I want it to look like a true 84 1/2.
    1984 Mustang GT owned since 1991 (first car). Mercury Mountaineer GT-40P engine, some suspension mods, currently undergoing a five lug SN95 brake upgrade and more suspension mods. Some minor body and interior mods have been done as well.

2004 GT convertible, 2001 Taurus LX, 1994 F150, 1950 F-1 Ford Pickup

I found the wires. they were on the passenger side but no plug cause someone had butt connected a rubber side marker light socket to the fog wires. I just hooked into those 2 wires (black & a lighter color that may be faded orange). they work like they are supposed to, on when headlights are dimmed & off when bright!