Close

Default which of these intake manifold casting # is correct for 85 mustang gt 4.0 4v

RF-E4ZE-9425-GA
    RF-E5ZE-9425-GA
    RF-E3ZE-9425-FD
    RF-E4ZE-9425-ZA

what different between these E3-e4-e5 ? which one is more factory correct ford intake for my 85 mustang gt 4.0 4v ? I look on ebay, and most list can fit 85 mustang gt.
    Last edited by Sinister; 02-13-2014 at 10:00 PM.
    Always Stay Humble. -Sinister-

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I think E3 is for 1983, E4 is for 1984 and E5 is for 1985. The 1994 started with the F letters.
    1985 Mustang GT 5speed LRB with Ford Racing M-6007-X302, Performer RPM, Holley 670 Avenger carb, BBK headers with H-pipe, B&M short throw
    1986 Mustang GT (parts car)
    1986 LX Coupe 4cyl, 4speed, LRB

I'm going to go with

RF-E4ZE-9425-GA
    *FOXTOBERFEST* 2015 http://www.foxmustangrestoration.com/events
    85 T Top coupe 5.0 2R red, E7's, rpm intake, 4180 carb, 7.4 1/8
    83 CC capri 5.0 5 speed,black mesh wheels
    76 cobra II 302 auto black/gold, big cam 3 inch dumps- sold to a good friend
    92 coupe 5.0 5 speed -red
    92 Lx hatch 5.0 5 speed -black, 66 coupe 5.0 4 spd (project)
    87 Vert 5.0 AOD red stock as a rock

" Are you sure you know what you're talking about? It kinda sounds like you know what you're talking about"

FEP Senior Member

To the best of my knowledge, the E3 intake was used on 83s only, 84 & 85 used the E4 intake. I have a couple of each, and the only visual differance between the 2 that I have noticed in the EGR hole is a bit different at the carb flange. (actually the EGR spacer flange would be more accurate.)
    1978 Fairmont 2 door sedan, 428CJ 4speed. 9.972ET@132.54mph. 1.29 60 foot
    Replaced the FE big block with my 331/4 speed in my Fairmont, best 10.24ET @128 MPH.
    1985 Mustang LX hatchback NHRA Stock Eliminator 302 4 speed best in legal trim 12.31@107 mph, but has gone 11.42@115 with aftermarket intake, carb, and iron Windsor Jr. heads.New for 2012! 331 cube SB Ford, AFR 185 heads, solid flat tappet cam, pump gas; 10.296ET@128.71 mph, 1.37 60 foot.
    1979 Zephyr Z7, all original 302 auto, 2nd owner.

Im thinking delete the smog pump and EGR , what is the edelbrock directly replacement for RF-E4ZE-9425-GA .

I think my intake have a EGR spacer, after delete the EGR, I could just take that spacer out right ? and just put a plain square spacer on it ?

RF-E5ZE-9425-GA

I'll go with that one..
    1986 CHP SSP Coupe

E1ZZ-9424-B EXC. TC, 1980/1986 1
    E5ZZ-9424-A LOWER, TC ``BEFORE 4/85'', 1985 1
    E5ZZ-9424-C LOWER, TC ``FROM 4/85'', 1985/1986 1
    E5ZZ-9424-B UPPER, TC, 1985/1986 1
    E4ZZ-9424-A 1984/1987 1
    E4ZZ-9424-E ALUMINUM, F M/T, 1984/1985 1
    EOVZ-9424-B ALUMINUM, F A/T, 1985

hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinister View Post
    Im thinking delete the smog pump and EGR , what is the edelbrock directly replacement for RF-E4ZE-9425-GA .

I think my intake have a EGR spacer, after delete the EGR, I could just take that spacer out right ? and just put a plain square spacer on it ?
    If you are headed in that direction why not get a decent intake manifold...the stockers are choked down with small runners.
    HAD
    '82 GT monochromatic (red)...black cloth

HAVE
    '85 GT vert two tone (white on charcoal)...white leather
    '00 F350 two tone (white on silver)...gray cloth
    '00 Excursion Limited two tone (white on tan)...tan leather...wifes ride
    '08 Taurus Limited ice blue...tan leather...daughter ride
    '08 Edge Limited white sand tri-coat metallic...tan leather...other daughters ride

Quote Originally Posted by bwguardian View Post
    If you are headed in that direction why not get a decent intake manifold...the stockers are choked down with small runners.
    Im thinking edelbrock , but I dont know which one that will direct replacement, over RF-E4ZE-9425-GA, with all the sensor same location.... my buddy say he can port the old intake, mind already a tiny crack, it does not leak or anything, but that something I will have to replace in future, so might as well do it now. And while im at it, I remove those smog , emission stuff, my smog pump about to go out...

Im thinking edelbrock , but I dont know which one that will direct replacement, over RF-E4ZE-9425-GA, with all the sensor same location.... my buddy say he can port the old intake, mind already a tiny crack, it does not leak or anything, but that something I will have to replace in future, so might as well do it now. And while im at it, I remove those smog , emission stuff, my smog pump about to go out...
    You won't need the added sensors if you are doing away with what you are talking about. Depending on where you are headed with the rest of the engine combo will depend on which intake will work best.
    HAD

HAVE
    '08 Edge Limited white sand tri-coat metallic...tan leather...other daughters ride

You won't need the added sensors if you are doing away with what you are talking about. Depending on where you are headed with the rest of the engine combo will depend on which intake will work best.
    just stock replacement, engine will keep stock.

nvm, I post a ad on local craiglist, have a guy call me, he got one pull off his 84 mustang gt. he want 40 dollar for it, Imma go take a look tomorrow. I buy one for back up, incase my currently one leak.

You want to keep things stock, but want to remove the emissions equipment. I'm not sure what you gain from that. Usually people remove the smog stuff to pick up performance using aftermarket parts. But then, maybe I'm missing something.
    1985 Mustang GT - original short block w/ bolt-ons
    1995 Mustang GT - supercharged 331
    2007 Mustang BDX - (Barber Driving Experience) designed for daily driving and track use

I kept my engine stock looking with Ford parts to the average eye and did away with all the smog equipment. The GT40p heads are so efficient they do not have thermactor plumbing and that is topped off with a Ford Racing intake manifold and FRPP stainless steel headers. The rest is stock and in its original place, so unless you really know what you are looking at it appears stock...until you fire it up and the Ford Racing E-303 cam starts talking!
    HAD

HAVE

I kept my engine stock looking with Ford parts to the average eye and did away with all the smog equipment. The GT40p heads are so efficient they do not have thermactor plumbing and that is topped off with a Ford Racing intake manifold and FRPP stainless steel headers. The rest is stock and in its original place, so unless you really know what you are looking at it appears stock...until you fire it up and the Ford Racing E-303 cam starts talking!
    Yours is an example of "stock looking" with some performance enhancements. The OP seems to want everything "stock", except for the smog equipment. I found that a little curious.

My combo happens to be stock looking also, but have kept the emissions equipment in place. See my album if interested.
    1985 Mustang GT - original short block w/ bolt-ons
    1995 Mustang GT - supercharged 331
    2007 Mustang BDX - (Barber Driving Experience) designed for daily driving and track use

Quote Originally Posted by 8ballEinstein View Post
    Yours is an example of "stock looking" with some performance enhancements. The OP seems to want everything "stock", except for the smog equipment. I found that a little curious.

My combo happens to be stock looking also, but have kept the emissions equipment in place. See my album if interested.
    my emission stuff is still there, just not hook up, the preview owner already remove the smog pump, but gave to me all the part when I bought the car, I dont want gain any performing, if my ford part broke, I replace with another ford part.