Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Registry: LTD LX, LTD Police Package, Marquis LTS

https://www.foxchassis.com/fep/registry/ltdlts/

Please post your door tags, buck tags, build sheets, owner cards, Marti reports, Eminger invoices, etc.

If you have one or know of one that is not listed, I at least need the VIN to add it but would like any and all of the above tags/stickers/sheets/etc.

If you have one that is listed please give me any information that is missing so I may fill it in.

Thanks and enjoy!
    Last edited by FoxChassis; 04-15-2023 at 06:39 PM.

I'm the owner of the below SSP:

VIN: 1FABP39MXFG236284

I went to go look at the door tag and it's too faded to get anything but the standard GVWR weights. Though I did see a Manufacture date of 05/85. The Buck tags were removed by a previous owner and cant be located unfortunately.
    Here's a copy of the build sheet.
    Name:  DSC_0203.jpg
Views: 508
Size:  94.4 KB

If you happen upon anymore info about my car I'd really appreciate it. As far as I know it was used by the city of Mountain Park, which is a suburb of Roswell, GA
    Last edited by meeandmine; 02-03-2014 at 04:26 PM.
    Cars:
    1991 Mustang LX Notch 4.6 Tremec 5 speed
    1995 Ranger XLT 4.0 4x4
    1985 Ford LTD SSP: 5.0HO, AOD(Sold)
    1971 Mercury Comet GT: 302 4bbl, T-5(Sold)
    Bikes:
    1967 Triumph T100c
    1976 Kawasaki KZ400(Sold)
    1964 BSA Hornet
    1972 Rickman

FG236284 is the last in a group of seven consecutive 1985 P39M (LTD sedan 5.0L) VINs. Some or all of those seven could be part of the same 21-0567 DSO that this SSP was ordered. You can order a "deluxe" Marti report and that should give you more info. (Even though there is no "LTD" option for ordering Marti reports, Kevin said to use another 1985 model available in the list and then use the LTD VIN.)
    Last edited by FoxChassis; 02-03-2014 at 12:49 PM.
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

FEP Registries: Black Magic & Crimson Cat / Cobra / Dominator / G.T.350 / LTD LX/Police & Marquis LTS / M81 / Pace Car / Predator / Saleen / Turbo GT & Turbo RS / Twister II

Wanted (Dead or Alive): VINs, door tags, buck tags, build sheets, window stickers, owner cards, transmission tags, axle tags

Thanks for the info FoxChassis. I just took another look at my build sheet and the DSO numbers are the same as you listed. Any idea about what department ordered these?
    Cars:
    1991 Mustang LX Notch 4.6 Tremec 5 speed
    1995 Ranger XLT 4.0 4x4
    1985 Ford LTD SSP: 5.0HO, AOD(Sold)
    1971 Mercury Comet GT: 302 4bbl, T-5(Sold)
    Bikes:
    1967 Triumph T100c
    1976 Kawasaki KZ400(Sold)
    1964 BSA Hornet
    1972 Rickman

I do not have detailed "special order" information. In this case is would be special order #0567 (0567) for the 1985 model year, which was ordered through the Atlanta district sales office (21).

A basic Marti report would have the originating dealer number (original ordering dealer), and a deluxe report would also have the originating dealer name and address. The originating dealer may have some original paperwork or there may be someone still working there that remembers something. Same for the city that you believe may be the original title holder.

You might be able to get detailed title history from the state of Georgia, which might reveal the original title holder, but since the vehicle is older than five year info may/will be limited. http://motor.etax.dor.ga.gov/motor/T...TitleLien.aspx
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

FEP Registries: Black Magic & Crimson Cat / Cobra / Dominator / G.T.350 / LTD LX/Police & Marquis LTS / M81 / Pace Car / Predator / Saleen / Turbo GT & Turbo RS / Twister II

Wanted (Dead or Alive): VINs, door tags, buck tags, build sheets, window stickers, owner cards, transmission tags, axle tags

FEP Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by FoxChassis View Post
    I do not have detailed "special order" information. In this case is would be special order #0567 (0567) for the 1985 model year, which was ordered through the Atlanta district sales office (21).

A basic Marti report would have the originating dealer number (original ordering dealer), and a deluxe report would also have the originating dealer name and address. The originating dealer may have some original paperwork or there may be someone still working there that remembers something. Same for the city that you believe may be the original title holder.

You might be able to get detailed title history from the state of Georgia, which might reveal the original title holder, but since the vehicle is older than five year info may/will be limited. http://motor.etax.dor.ga.gov/motor/T...TitleLien.aspx
    i had a FHP 1985 ill have to dig through old photos to see if i have any photos or possibly paperwork with tthe VIN number on it.

This is the LTD LX I have, 1FABP39M2FG111456

Grey, power windows, locks, seats, defrost, no turn lights, amfm prem, ac. Oklahoma city dso, door tag is unreadable. was used as a fire chiefs car (red) but was a personal car in El Reno, OK.
    1986 Saleen #26 - Saugus Pace Car
    1988 Range Rover Classic - The Shop Truck

FG111456 added to the registry
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

Any info on 1FABP39M0FG217548 DSO 720400 04/85 F0118/RO116

Thanks Chris

FG217548 added to the registry. Do you have a door tag, buck tag, build sheet, etc for this car?

If is the 22nd of 96 consecutive 5.0L LTDs.

VIN
    1FA = Ford vehicle manufactured in USA
    B = active belts, no airbags
    P = passenger car
    39 = LTD 4-dr sedan
    M = H.O. 5.0L V8 engine
    0 = VIN check digit
    F = 1985 model year
    G = Chicago Assembly
    217548 = 117,548th 1985 Ford scheduled for production at Chicago Assembly
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

DSO - 720400 = San Jose district sales office (72), 1985 special order #0400
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

I have a 1984 LTD LX, VIN 1FABP39M1EG223826

Buck Tag is broken off.

Door decal is faded but still partially legible;

It has date 05/84

Under the VIN is "Passenger", under that is "1E"

At the bottom it has "54D", the next value is completely faded, after that it looks like "5A" but also extremely faded so I can't be sure.

It's completely faded all the way to axle which is "E" and TR is "TFFWW"

On the upper right is "F0007" with "R0068" below that. Under that and above TR is "74".

The car has manual windows, power locks, power driver seat, manual side mirrors, and "Illuminated Entry".

EG223826 added to the database and registry
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

Quote Originally Posted by FoxChassis View Post
    EG223826 added to the database and registry
    I realize now that this car originally had A/C and cruise control. Both were [mostly] removed before I got the car. It also has rear defrost, clock, delay wipers and tilt wheel which I didn't mention before because I assumed they were standard features.

1985 LX options:

Air Conditioning, Automatic
    Air Conditioning, Manual
    Autolamp System
    Bracket, Front License Plate
    Defroster, Rear Window
    Emissions System, California
    Emissions System, High Altitude
    Entry System, Illuminated
    Floor Mats, Front Carpet, Color-Keyed
    Fuel Tank, Extended Range (20-gallon usable capacity)
    Glass, Tinted (Complete)
    Immersion Heater, Engine Block
    Lamps, Cornering
    Lock Group, Power
    Mirrors, Lighted, Dual Vanity
    Premium Sound System
    Protection, Lower Bodyside
    Radio, AM Credit Option
    Radio, AM/FM stereo
    Radio, AM/FM Stereo w/ Cassette Player
    Radio, Electronic AM/FM Stereo Search w/ Cassette Player
    Speed Control
    Steering Wheel, Leather-Wrapped
    Steering Wheel, Tilt
    Tripminder Computer
    Wheels, Cast Aluminum
    Windows, Pivoting, Front-Vent
    Windows, Power Side
    Windshield Wipers, Interval
    Last edited by FoxChassis; 12-09-2016 at 04:37 PM. Reason: forgot AM radio delete option
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

In that case, it also has cornering lamps, lighted dual vanity mirrors, and color keyed floor mats. Not sure about the wheels or radio since both have been replaced.

What is a Tripminder Computer?

It was a computer in the center of the dash that gave a LCD readout of date, time, MPG and also info about your "trip" (elapsed time, average speed, average MPG, distance traveled, etc.)
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

My car just has a digital clock with date and stopwatch.

Thank you for all the great info and for maintaining a registry. Although, it is kind of sad to see how many of these cars have been scrapped.

1984 LX options:

Air Conditioning, Automatic
    Air Conditioning, Manual
    Autolamp System
    Bodyside Protection, Lower
    Bracket, Front License Plate
    Cornering Lamps, Front
    Defroster, Electric Rear Window
    Extended Range Fuel Tank
    Floor Mats, Front Color-Keyed Carpet
    Glass, Tinted (Complete)
    Heater, Engine Block Immersion
    Illuminated Entry System
    Lock Group, Power
    Mirrors, Dual Illuminated Visor Vanity
    Premium Sound System
    Radio, AM Credit Option
    Radio, AM/FM stereo
    Radio, AM/FM Stereo w/ Cassette Player
    Radio, Electronic AM/FM Stereo Search w/ Cassette Player
    Seats, Power, Dual Control (standard in 1985)
    Speed Control, Fingertip
    Steering Wheel, Leather-Wrapped
    Steering Wheel, Tilt
    Tripminder Computer
    Vent Windows, Pivoting Manual
    Windows, Power Side
    Windshield Wipers, Interval
    Emissions System, California
    Emissions System, High Altitude

Not available in 1984 (new for 1985):

Wheels, Cast Aluminum
    Last edited by FoxChassis; 12-09-2016 at 08:19 PM.
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

My car is an '84 and definitely has the Illuminated Entry system.

You are correct. Missed that one in the price book. Corrected the above list. So the only changes from 1984 to 1985 were the power seats were made standard and cast wheels were a new option.
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

Is the registry site down?
    83 TC "Clone"
    85 Marquis LTS
    86 LTD Wagon

Server is down for the moment.

OK. Just wanted to update that LTS FG644172 is mine now.
    83 TC "Clone"
    85 Marquis LTS
    86 LTD Wagon

Build sheet for LTS FG644172

83 TC "Clone"
    85 Marquis LTS
    86 LTD Wagon

I will update ownership in the database. (I do not put private owner names in the publicly-viewable 'registry'.)

I can try to decode that build sheet but I do not have much LTD/Marquis build sheet data to start with, so decoding will not be as extensive as what I can decode on Capri/Mustang sheets.
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast