Close

Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 18262728

Quote Originally Posted by Travis T View Post
    This is much worse than having it locked in a building, trust me. I pull up in the drive nose to nose with my 84 every night and it's not a happy sight!
    Yeah, me too. Every time I go into the garage, there she is. Intake missing, on jackstands, helpless...
    Brad

'79 Mercury Zephyr ES 5.0L GT40 EFI, T-5
    '17 Ford Focus ST
    '14 Ford Fusion SE Manual

Least yours isn't sitting outside in the rain covered in leaves.
    1984 Mustang GT owned since 1991 (first car). Mercury Mountaineer GT-40P engine, some suspension mods, currently undergoing a five lug SN95 brake upgrade and more suspension mods. Some minor body and interior mods have been done as well.

2004 GT convertible, 2001 Taurus LX, 1994 F150, 1950 F-1 Ford Pickup

ragtopjr

Quote Originally Posted by ZephyrEFI View Post
    I don't know if it's worse to have the car sitting there where you see it all the time, staring you in the face, mocking you as you go about your busy life.
    In a way I think you are right, mine are all tucked away across town, and sometimes I dont see them for months, out of sight out of mind.

That said while they are sleeping in the garage in -20 weather and I am trucking in 80 degree heat down south there are feelings of jealousy since it would be so much nicer to be driving one of the cars instead of an 18 wheeler.....

Quote Originally Posted by Travis T View Post
    Least yours isn't sitting outside in the rain covered in leaves.
    Oh, she sat outside for years under my ownership. I think that was when the paint really started to look bad, haha.
    Brad

'79 Mercury Zephyr ES 5.0L GT40 EFI, T-5
    '17 Ford Focus ST
    '14 Ford Fusion SE Manual

Finally put Paula's Cougar in the rental storage unit today for the winter. After Paula lost her full time job at the end of June she started at her new employment on Dec 1st. I can rest easy now after thinking the 4 eyed cat was going to see it's 1st winter outside in 5 yrs. Whew !!!

Drove it!
    Mike
    Remember, "Drive Fast, Turn Heads, Break Hearts!"

1995 Ford Powerstroke F350 "Centurion" STRETCHED Crew Cab Dually

I like "Cut & Coach Built" vehicles!

www.musclecardeals.com

Well I got that coolant sensor for a fellow FEP member so I cleaned that up (I did this yesterday, but I'm combining my weekend into one post):

Before:

After:

I also went to the junkyard and picked up a few things...one in particular was this leather shift boot. It came from a mint Taurus SHO (I mean mint..it still smelled good inside and everything hardly looked used). I wasn't sure if it would work, but it ended up only needing minor modifications:

Here's the interior it came out of:

Here's the boot:

It should do nicely until I'm ready for my FMS boot.

Since I have one pic left, I also saw this at the yard:

Totally sweet Pinto!
    Cheers!

Mike (TopGear85)

Have:
    85 Saleen #73-GT,2R,TuTone,Cruise,Pos,5spd,Charcoal
    ***August 2015 ROTM Winner!***

Had:
    79PC-San Jose #2890
    86GT-9L,TuTone,5spd,T-Tops,Sand Beige
    86GT-9L,TuTone,5spd,T-Tops,Charcoal
    90LX-Oxford Wht,5spd,Sunroof,5.0 Hatchback
    90GT-Oxford Wht,5spd

I did this as well:

This Duraspark came with the new harness's I got. My original duraspark is long gone (that's why I figured it didn't matter if I polished it).
    Cheers!

Mike (TopGear85)

Have:
    85 Saleen #73-GT,2R,TuTone,Cruise,Pos,5spd,Charcoal
    ***August 2015 ROTM Winner!***

Had:
    79PC-San Jose #2890
    86GT-9L,TuTone,5spd,T-Tops,Sand Beige
    86GT-9L,TuTone,5spd,T-Tops,Charcoal
    90LX-Oxford Wht,5spd,Sunroof,5.0 Hatchback
    90GT-Oxford Wht,5spd

What I did to my Four-Eyed today...kissed her on the cheek (top front quarter panel) and thanked her for being the best girlfriend I have EVER had. She is thankful for Everything I do for her; Rarely ever complains about anything; Always willing to go wherever I want, whenever I want and doesnt ask me to make a pit stop every 20-30 minutes

Have you thanked Your Four-Eyed Beauty today?
    '85 T-Top GT 5.0L HO 5spd
    Breathing upgrades/Stock block

Quote Originally Posted by 85GTx2 View Post
    ...Have you thanked Your Four-Eyed Beauty today?
    Yes, actually. I did that today. We had sunshine, not rain, today.

I removed the car cover and tarp. Put the car cover in the dryer. I opened the windows and the sunroof to give her some fresh air. I vacuumed the interior, again. I sat in the driver's seat and made the "engine revving" noises (you know what I'm talking about ) while shifting through the gears. My wife and daughters just and at me. They do understand me. I aired up the tires. I popped the hood and stared at my 2.3L for while the car cover finished drying. I closed the hood after making some mental project notes. I attempted to put the tarp and car cover back on by myself, but the wind started up again. I asked my youngest to give me a hand with the tarp and car cover. She got up from the couch, looked me straight in the eyes, and made engine revving and tire squealing noises as she followed me out to the Mustang. I told you my gals understand me. The tarp and car cover are back on the Mustang. Time to update my project notes.
    Craig "IDMooseMan" Peters
    1979 Mustang Ghia Notchback, 2.3L, Holley 5200, 4-spd, 3.08:1 7.5" diff, A/C, PS, PB, AM/FM/8-Track, Sunroof, Rear Defroster
    USAF SSgt 63170 1983 - 1992; Co-Founder, Vice President, Omega Delta Sigma, ID-A 2/2015
    To those that serve and have served, "Thank You", to those that haven't, "You're Welcome"
    2.3L Horsepower Potential Thread
    Buyer/Seller Experience Link
    Build Thread
    The Four-Eyed Game - 2018 Version

Did some more plastic on the side of the rotter this weekend, no pics though.....
    1979 Indy Pace Car Mustang 302 / 5spd
    1982 Mustang GT T-Top 302 / 4spd
    1986 SVO Mustang - 1C

FEP Member

Checked it over again as it sits in the garage. Haven't even fired it up since Wednesday when I got it and drove it straight into the garage. I picked up a set of enkei 98 16's and I think I'm going to put one of those 99-04 mach 1 chin spoilers on it since it has motorsports springs on it and a nice stance.

Today i was a busy man. I found a local LSC parts car, and pulled the little brass grommet for the AOD TV cable. The stock one disintegrated on me. I grabbed a minty set of Marchal fogs with brackets, which were the only items missing on my car. Cleaned the car profusely for the 1st time, and did a mini photo session. I also took stock of the short list of cosmetic exterior issues that need to be addressed.

url=http://s248.photobucket.com/user/my70gt/media/Lincoln%20LSC/DSC_3105copy.jpg.html][/url]

[url=http://s248.photobucket.com/user/my70gt/media/Lincoln%20LSC/DSC_3080copy.jpg.html][/URL

Scored a very nice set of Marchal fogs off a local guy with a 90 LSC SE he is parting out. Lights are perfect, brackets are straight, just need a replacement spring for one of the brackets.

Here are the cosmetics that need to be addressed:

1983 Ford Thunderbird Heritage 5.0
    1987 Mercury Cougar XR-7 5.0 (Traded)
    1989 Lincoln LSC 5.0 HO (Sold)
    2008 Saab 9-7x Aero 6.0 LS2 (1 of 555)
    2011 Ford Flex SEL (Family Hauler)

replaced my head light switch and the conector it attaches too. I guess the conector is a known problem since they had the conector in stock
    stock 00 explorer 5.0 with 120k,comp XE274HR cam Edelbrock preformer air,fms shorty headers,x pipe and 40 series,under drive pullies, fresh t-5,king cobra 10.5 clutch,Hurst short throw shifter,fms alumin drive shaft, bbk frame conectors, 8.8 4;10 , MM camber caster plates, MM XD ADJ lower control arms

2 weeks after fixing a flat on my 88 -nail in the driver's side rear- I had to do the same location tire on my 85 today, this time it was a screw.

Scotty
    1985 Fox Notch 4-banger Ranger tube header Eastwood Royal Blue
    1988 Fox LX 5.0 AOD Vert BBK 170mph speedo Candy Apple Red
    1999 Mustang Coupe V6 Auto Chrome Yellow -Daily Driver.
    Past Pony's.....
    68 Coupe Inline-6 3-Speed-Man. Primer
    78 II Hatch 302 3-Speed-Auto Sunroof Black
    81 4-Eye Coupe 4-Banger 4-Speed-Man. White

Quote Originally Posted by IDMooseMan View Post
    I sat in the driver's seat and made the "engine revving" noises (you know what I'm talking about ) while shifting through the gears. My wife and daughters just and at me.
    I attempted to put the tarp and car cover back on by myself, but the wind started up again. I asked my youngest to give me a hand with the tarp and car cover. She got up from the couch, looked me straight in the eyes, and made engine revving and tire squealing noises as she followed me out to the Mustang. I told you my gals understand me.
    That's Hilarious! Sounds like something I would have done to my dad also.

On the topic.....I walked out into the garage this am to let the dog out and noticed my gauge cluster sitting in a different area then I had it. Found it is now mysteriously in 3 pieces. so I started removing gauges out of it.......again!
    Last edited by 84StangSVT; 12-27-2014 at 08:46 AM.
    Brock
    1984 Mustang LX Convertible 3.8L V-6/Auto (SOLD)
    1984 Mustang GT Hatchback 5.0 V-8/5 Speed

I'm an FEP Supporter and proud of it. Are you?

Quote Originally Posted by webestang View Post
    2 weeks after fixing a flat on my 88 -nail in the driver's side rear- I had to do the same location tire on my 85 today, this time it was a screw.
    Finally had time to order and replace both rear tires last Saturday.
    Nothing like new sticker tires. Went with Firestone 215/60/15 Precision Sport.

Smooth
    No more slight vibration from rear on xway.
    No more airing up the tire before and after work with air tank and pump.
    No more airing flat after 2 hours. Tire suddenly progressed to that after multi year slow leak.
    ds rear was losing 2# per mile at the end.

Quote Originally Posted by gr79 View Post
    Finally had time to order and replace both rear tires last Saturday.
    Nothing like new sticker tires. Went with Firestone 215/60/15 Precision Sport.

Smooth
    No more slight vibration from rear on xway.
    No more airing up the tire before and after work with air tank and pump.
    No more airing flat after 2 hours. Tire suddenly progressed to that after multi year slow leak.
    ds rear was losing 2# per mile at the end.
    I forgot to say the rear tires on my 85 are new with about 800 miles on them (stupid screw)............Tiger Paw's 225/60/15.

Scotty
    1985 Fox Notch 4-banger Ranger tube header Eastwood Royal Blue
    1988 Fox LX 5.0 AOD Vert BBK 170mph speedo Candy Apple Red
    1999 Mustang Coupe V6 Auto Chrome Yellow -Daily Driver.
    Past Pony's.....
    68 Coupe Inline-6 3-Speed-Man. Primer
    78 II Hatch 302 3-Speed-Auto Sunroof Black
    81 4-Eye Coupe 4-Banger 4-Speed-Man. White

New plugs, wires, distributor cap and rotor button. She runs much better now.

just walked by it in the garage...been on jack stands for 2 years now... getting ready to order the next round of parts for it....

Today I moved the coil off the intake (Edelbrock performer 289) and over to the driver's side strut tower to see if the original dual snorkel air cleaner would fit. It did. But I hate that location for the coil.... I also jacked up each front corner and turned the wheels by hand, then put the rear on stands and ran it in first gear for a minute. I don't think my wheels are bent like I thought. They sure seem to be fine. But I know for sure either the tire balance is horrible or the driveshaft is bent. It shakes really bad over 75.

I worked on the non-Ford 4 eye (BMW) a bit too. I'm midway through a differential rebuild on it. Pinion bearings were shot causing noise pretty much constantly and vibration at high speeds. Today I got all the bearing races out and pulled the inner pinion bearing and carrier bearings. Actually sliced them very carefully with a cutoff wheel and cracked them off with an air chisel. Without harming the parts. Kinda nerve wracking but it's done. Oddest diff I've ever had apart. No saddles for the carrier. The housing has bearing holders that split off the sides with a single shim under each one. No pinion bearing shims either. Weird.
    86 Notch under construction

2011 4Runner Trail edition
    2014 Suzuki V-Strom 650

I shrink my 85 , I need some space..
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Always Stay Humble. -Sinister-

Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 18262728