Close

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Absolutely gorgeous!
    Craig "IDMooseMan" Peters
    1979 Mustang Ghia Notchback, 2.3L, Holley 5200, 4-spd, 3.08:1 7.5" diff, A/C, PS, PB, AM/FM/8-Track, Sunroof, Rear Defroster
    USAF SSgt 63170 1983 - 1992; Co-Founder, Vice President, Omega Delta Sigma, ID-A 2/2015
    To those that serve and have served, "Thank You", to those that haven't, "You're Welcome"
    2.3L Horsepower Potential Thread
    Buyer/Seller Experience Link
    Build Thread
    The Four-Eyed Game - 2018 Version

Some pics from Mustang Week.

Leading the Foxbody Cruise, some pics of it parked at the hotel, and then a quick rev video. I tried to start it too quickly so it stumbled a little on startup. Still getting used to starting a carbed car haha

well done

Beautiful car, I bet it was a hit at MW.

-MJS

Wow. Are either of your grandparents still with us to show them how great it looks now?
    Brad

'79 Mercury Zephyr ES 5.0L GT40 EFI, T-5
    '17 Ford Focus ST
    '14 Ford Fusion SE Manual

Quote Originally Posted by ZephyrEFI View Post
    Wow. Are either of your grandparents still with us to show them how great it looks now?
    Yes, my grandmother is still alive. She's 80 now. I brought it up to her house to show her. She said "wow, I forgot how pretty of a color that is" hahaha

Then I cranked it up for her and she busted out laughing and said "smooooooooooooooooooth" hahahahaha

That's awesome. Haha
    Brad

'79 Mercury Zephyr ES 5.0L GT40 EFI, T-5
    '17 Ford Focus ST
    '14 Ford Fusion SE Manual

Fantastic! Sounds great and looks better than she sounds. I love grandma's comments. Priceless.
    Craig "IDMooseMan" Peters
    1979 Mustang Ghia Notchback, 2.3L, Holley 5200, 4-spd, 3.08:1 7.5" diff, A/C, PS, PB, AM/FM/8-Track, Sunroof, Rear Defroster
    USAF SSgt 63170 1983 - 1992; Co-Founder, Vice President, Omega Delta Sigma, ID-A 2/2015
    To those that serve and have served, "Thank You", to those that haven't, "You're Welcome"
    2.3L Horsepower Potential Thread
    Buyer/Seller Experience Link
    Build Thread
    The Four-Eyed Game - 2018 Version

That cleaned up really well! I'm not usually one for the bigs n littles drag wheel combo, but yours looks great.

In this photo, it almost looks like the headlight bezel trim was painted flat brown which looks awesome, but alas it's just an illusion. Basically a brown LTD LX!

85 Ford LTD LX: Four eyes and Four doors

EFI swap, AFR 165 heads, 5-speed conversion, Cobra brakes, etc.

Double post

Time to see how it does with an on3 kit with a 76mm

Gorgeous wagon. What are the wheel and tire sizes?

Lovely!

What did you use for the a-pillar gauge pod?

Mike

Now that's inspiration!

Quote Originally Posted by onebadmonte View Post
    Gorgeous wagon. What are the wheel and tire sizes?
    Front wheels are Weld Alumastar's. Front wheels are 17x4.5 with Hoosier 26x7.5's. Rear wheels are 17x9.25 with Mickey Thompson 275/40's

Quote Originally Posted by 4-barrel Mike View Post
    Lovely!

What did you use for the a-pillar gauge pod?

Mike
    It's an'87-'93 Fox Mustang pod by autometer. I just had to shorten it a little for it to work. It fits surprisingly well.

Quote Originally Posted by 83gtstang View Post
    Now that's inspiration!
    Thanks! I have awesome friends, that are much better mechanics than me, helping put it all together. I can't take much credit.

Cant wait to see this thing in person. Possibly a ride. Need some ideas for my "deuce wagon"

Great looking wagon. How did the turbo set up work out for you?

Quote Originally Posted by foxbodywagon View Post
    Great looking wagon. How did the turbo set up work out for you?
    Hi,I'm his friend that's working on the ol' wagon. Between a lot of outside issues haven't had the time to finish it up yet. Getting there slowly but surely though. Had/have many many other things to upgrade other than just installing the turbo kit. I'll make some post as things get closer.
    85 LTD PP (ex Florida HP)383ci Windsor/Vortech T-trim
    90 LX coupe 427ci Windsor 545 rwhp pump gas all motor..twins coming...
    93 LX 408/ Vortech T trim in the works
    99 Cobra w/a 03 swap and solid axle.

Looks great Dylan,I should have realized that was Billy's shop in the pic,can't wait to see it finished
    Robert
    86 GT vert
    85 GT

Well... at this point, the car has been almost completely rewired, completely different fuel system, swapped out the shocks and struts for Strange 10-ways, swapped transmissions, swapped radiators and electric fans, had a hood scoop installed to cover the hole that will be cut in the hood to clear the carb hat, etc etc etc.

Car should be back at Mustang Week this year. Check out the new valve covers!

Last edited by 5.SLO; 04-22-2016 at 09:06 AM.

Sweet ride! I like how it looks with the Weld's on it, I think I've seen this car on YB. Nice build
    1978 Mercury Zephyr 418 sbf w/ glide E-100 and Nitrous. Mid 5's @ 124 on 26x10's
    1986 Ford LTD street car w/ turbo. Best et/mph so far 10.5 @ 140 on 17" hard tires. Driven to and from track.

Quote Originally Posted by 408GT View Post
    Sweet ride! I like how it looks with the Weld's on it, I think I've seen this car on YB. Nice build
    Thanks!

I see that you're from Middle GA. I lived in Atlanta for a few years until I moved to Nashville in 2014. I spent a good bit of time down in Middle GA at Twiggs (now MGMP). We probably know a lot of the same people.

Cool man, I'm sure we probably do know a lot of the same people. I know the guy that bought Twiggs and the guy that builds his cars. Cool thread man, keep us posted.
    1978 Mercury Zephyr 418 sbf w/ glide E-100 and Nitrous. Mid 5's @ 124 on 26x10's
    1986 Ford LTD street car w/ turbo. Best et/mph so far 10.5 @ 140 on 17" hard tires. Driven to and from track.

More pics! Shifter and cable in, new rear springs in, new lower control arms in, motor coming together.

Sweet! What aluminum driveshaft did you use? Did you have to shorten? Lengthen? I think I have that exact safety loop... So that's how it goes. I got it free and never installed.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast