A buddy is selling an 85 GT that he tore down for paint a long time ago and lost interest. The car was originally Canyon red and they started to redo it in a medium gray metallic. He has a shop, so the work done up to this point has been professional quality work. I have the means to paint it any color I want as well, so if it is worth more in its original color, that's no problem. The car only has 49k miles (yes, true mileage - ) and the interior, with the exception of a small hole in the drivers seat bolster is mint. Interior is gray and it is a stick car. I would have to pull the motor to spray the engine bay since they decided to spray that black instead of body color as well. Again, I have the means to paint it correctly myself, cost would be about $800 plus my labor. He is into the car for $4k, but has had it a while and hasn't done anything with it for years. It is stored indoors and is an original FL car with no rust whatsoever.

Just curious what a fair purchase price would be and what a 49k mile 85 GT would be worth once done. Thanks.