Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Last edited by FoxChassis; 04-15-2023 at 06:42 PM.
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

FEP Registries: Black Magic & Crimson Cat / Cobra / Dominator / G.T.350 / LTD LX/Police & Marquis LTS / M81 / Pace Car / Predator / Saleen / Turbo GT & Turbo RS / Twister II

Wanted (Dead or Alive): VINs, door tags, buck tags, build sheets, window stickers, owner cards, transmission tags, axle tags

Thanks for including my car . Its current in the shop for a total resto. We found the build sheet in the rear panel behind the driver side door. here is some of the info off of it.
    Rotation number 2918, Body type: 61B Paint:1c, Trim: HD, type of order:2, Region:1, district:3, Engine:3G975BA, Transmission:E3SR AA, Seats:5, rear axle:269D,
    Brakes:Type ,P caliper lining G ,master cyl. Z. The car was built on 8/13/83. There is a number right after it 1357. Not sure what it means. possible the 1357 car built on that date? I've owned the car since 1996. It was caught in a barn collapse around 2002. The insurance totaled the car and I bought it back pulled it out and replaced the windshield and front fender. I did some other repair work to it before finally getting it to a shop this years for the total restoration of the body. The car has larger FOMOCO Motorsport torsion bars front and rear, red urethane bushing, a 9 in. clutch, a B&M shifter and 16 in Voxx wheels with 225X 55x16in. tires. Thanks for including me into the registry i hope this helps .

What you see on line X of the build sheet is the date and time (1357 = 1:57 PM) that the sheet was printed. It looks like date and time didn;t start to get printed on Dearborn build sheets until June 1983.
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

FEP Registries: Black Magic & Crimson Cat / Cobra / Dominator / G.T.350 / LTD LX/Police & Marquis LTS / M81 / Pace Car / Predator / Saleen / Turbo GT & Turbo RS / Twister II

Wanted (Dead or Alive): VINs, door tags, buck tags, build sheets, window stickers, owner cards, transmission tags, axle tags

What info do you need to add a car to this registry? We'd like to add my son's 84 GT Turbo that we're close to finishing. You can see our posts in the forum http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...on-84-GT-Turbo

Quote Originally Posted by Silver83 View Post
    What info do you need to add a car to this registry? We'd like to add my son's 84 GT Turbo that we're close to finishing. You can see our posts in the forum http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...on-84-GT-Turbo
    The very least I need is a VIN but I would like pics of the door tag, buck tag, owner card, build sheet, window sticker, axle tag, and transmission tag, and copies of the Ford History 999 report, Marti report, and Eminger invoice, and a list of options the car has and mileage.
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

I own a 1984 gt turbo 350 anny car here is the vin# 1FABP28WXEF170739, I have all the original paperwork with car, warranty card, window sticker, build sheet, etc etc, and im the second owner, I also own a 1984 Capri RS turbo and im the second owner of it as well with all the same paperwork as my gt has here is the vin#1MEBP79W1EF606348, I will post up some pics too if like.

Here is some pics of the capriName:  photo (2).JPG
Views: 399
Size:  178.2 KBName:  photo (3).JPG
Views: 394
Size:  158.2 KBName:  photo (4).JPG
Views: 392
Size:  137.3 KBName:  photo (3).JPG
Views: 394
Size:  158.2 KBName:  photo (6).JPG
Views: 396
Size:  143.7 KB
    1986 THUNDERBIRD TURBO-SOLD
    1984 GT TURBO 350 ANNY-SOLD
    1984 CAPRI RS TURBO T-TOP-SOLD
    1985 COUGAR XR-7 TURBO
    1980 CAPRI TURBO-SOLD
    1984 COUGAR XR-7 TURBO-SOLD
    1986 SVO-SOLD
    1984 SVO-SOLD
    1985 GT 331 SUPERCHARGED-SOLD
    78 FORD FAIRMONT- GETTING TRANSFORMED

Can you post the door tags, buck tags, build sheets, window stickers, owner cards, etc for both cars? Thanks.
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

New User

Quick question. I see some are reporting 84 1/2 model years on Turbo GTs. How is this determined? I have a Turbo GT convertible that I am in the process of restoring. The door tag shows a date of 04/84. VIN 1FABP27W2EF195037. I also have an early 84 SVO with slapper bars rather than the horizontal dampers.

I will provide the buck tag, transmission tag, and differential tag in the next few days for registration. I did find the build sheet, but it was under the carpet on the drivers side. It was basically destroyed. A few rain storms with the top down, plus the ware and tear of being under the drivers feet did it in. The door tag was painted over, but with careful paint removal with a scotchbright pad, I was able to restore it.

When people say "1984½" they are talking about the changeover of the following major items, which happened sometime in December of 1983, but not all at the same time. You could have one of them but not the others. All depends on the day or week your car was built in December.

front bumper cover WITHOUT foglamps ---> front bumper cover WITH foglamps
    three-piece hatchback spoiler ---> one-piece hatchback spoiler
    'slapper bar' rear suspension ---> Quadra-Shock rear suspension
    round lower rear control arm bushings ---> oval lower rear control arm bushings

Being as your TGT has a March 1984 scheduled build date on the door tag, you should have foglamps, one-piece spoiler, Quadra-Shock rear suspension, and oval bushings.

A majority of 1984 SVOs were built before Dec 1983 so having one with slapper bars is more likely than having one with axle dampners
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

Default Register

I would like to add my 1984 Mustang GT Turbo Convertible to the registration. What I have is the vin - 1FABP27W8EF178694, the tag, and the door tag which is almost unreadable. From what I have learned this car is 1 of 1 for color forName:  IMG_5051.JPG
Views: 303
Size:  353.0 KBName:  2016-07-25 01.01.07.jpg
Size:  30.5 KBVIN.doc that year.

Quote Originally Posted by lilbowtie View Post
    I would like to add my 1984 Mustang GT Turbo Convertible to the registration. What I have is the vin - 1FABP27W8EF178694, the tag, and the door tag which is almost unreadable. From what I have learned this car is 1 of 1 for color forName:  IMG_5051.JPG
Size:  353.0 KBName:  2016-07-25 01.01.07.jpg
Size:  30.5 KBVIN.doc that year.
    Please post more pics of this one!
    Brock
    1984 Mustang LX Convertible 3.8L V-6/Auto (SOLD)
    1984 Mustang GT Hatchback 5.0 V-8/5 Speed

I'm an FEP Supporter and proud of it. Are you?

Holy crap. we need many more pictures of this ride. How long have you had it? Is this thing original paint? Interior? Wow. is it ever nice.
    Liberty once lost is lost forever.

John Adams
    July 7, 1775

Please post a pic of the buck tag. I'll have questions later about options, I just need to gather a list of what was available.

In the mean time, please try out the (Temporary) Owner Card Decoder: http://foxchassis.com/test/decoders/ownercard
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

Wow that is a incredible TurboGT, so glad to see a really rare car in such good shape.

How many miles on the odometer? Does/did this car have any of the following options?

• engine block immersion heater
    • front carpet floor mats (color-keyed to carpet)
    • front license plate bracket
    • heavy duty battery
    • interval windshield wipers (twist knob on end of stalk for timed delay)
    • light/convenience group (light under hood, light in glove box, light in front ash tray, and buzzer when driver door is open w/ headlights on and key not in ignition)
    • lower bodyside protection (rough textured paint on doors below bodyside molding)
    • power lock group
    • power side windows
    • premium sound system ("AMP PULL" knob to left of radio, amplifier beneath center of dash pad)
    • tilt steering wheel
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

Default 84

I included the Vin decoder, it was at the bottom of the post. I looked up what the Buck tag was and location and found it. Of your option list it has them all except engine heater, front plate, and premium sound. Battery ??
    1FABP27W8EF178694

MUSTANG = Mustang model line
    178694 = 78,694th 1984 Ford scheduled for production at Dearborn Assembly
    CVT = Mustang 2-dr convertible
    W = EFI turbocharged 2.3L engine
    D130 = body & paint rotations #D130
    35 = Light Academy Blue Glow exterior paint color
    BLU = Blue convertible top color
    DF
    ST
    SK
    AC = manual air conditioner
    RA = road abrasion coating (lower bodyside protection)
    GT = GT model/trim level
    PW = power side windows
    MBW = manual Borg Warner transmission (5-speed T-5)
    03 = type of hood/scoop (unknown)
    ELECTRIC
    -A = Charcoal interior trim color
    EI = electronic injection (EFI)
    NLR

VIN.docName:  2016-07-25 07.21.07.jpg
Views: 291
Size:  81.5 KBName:  2016-07-25 07.15.05.jpg
Views: 293
Size:  101.3 KB

The car has been in the family it's whole life. Everything on the car is original (new clutch). The paint was touched up when the car was new since it got key'd. I believe the car has 106,000 mi's. Maybe someone could help me - I bought an engine from a ford engineer in the 80's as a replacement and I noticed the intake system is different. How do I find out what I have?

Name:  2016-07-25 07.18.17.jpg
Views: 284
Size:  78.4 KB

EF178694 added to database and registry. Thanks!
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

This thread dead? just picked up a gt turbo Id like to add.

No not dead. Need VIN, tags, mileage, and options to add it.
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

Name:  DB508E90-5B5B-4EEA-A550-084A04DF30DC.jpg
Views: 178
Size:  91.3 KB
    Name:  E24AEA30-F5E5-40E5-8775-44FFBEF33F99.jpg
Size:  76.7 KB
    Name:  0EF11690-426A-4D55-86E2-B7D40BB9948F.jpg
Size:  74.5 KB
    Name:  D8ED79FE-0A38-4783-9E56-6E56080AD8D8.jpg
Views: 176
Size:  86.7 KB
    Not the best pics. I can better ones if needed. Mileage is supposed to be 133k.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by bottomsup; 02-20-2018 at 09:12 AM.

Does EF178979 have any of the following options?

factory wheels: 14" '16-slot' or metric TRX (390mm)
    California emissions system
    electric rear window defroster
    engine block immersion heater
    factory front carpet floor mats
    front license plate bracket
    interval windshield wipers (twist knob for delay wipers)
    light/convenience group:

• light under hood
    • light in glove box
    • light in front ash tray
    • light and switch in hatchback area
    • headlamp on waning buzzer
    • remote fuel door release

premium sound system

• "AMP PULL" knob under dash
    • amplifier under center of dash pad

tilt steering wheel
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

Does EF178979 have any of the following options?

factory wheels: 14" '16-slot' or metric TRX (390mm) -unknown, has svo suspension swap
    California emissions system - yes
    electric rear window defroster - yes
    engine block immersion heater - not sure, don’t see one
    factory front carpet floor mats - unknown
    front license plate bracket - possibly at one time?
    interval windshield wipers (twist knob for delay wipers)- yes
    light/convenience group:

• light under hood - maybe at one time?
    • light in glove box - yes
    • light in front ash tray - no
    • light and switch in hatchback area -no
    • headlamp on waning buzzer - yes
    • remote fuel door release -yes

premium sound system

• "AMP PULL" knob under dash - no
    • amplifier under center of dash pad -no

tilt steering wheel ​-no