Close

Default 1981-1983 Black Magic and Crimson Cat Registry

Registry for Black Magics and Crimson Cats: https://www.foxchassis.com/fep/registry/bmcc/

Is it essentially an html version of the txt and excel files I have posted before. It's not very pretty or functional but it's a start.
    Last edited by FoxChassis; 04-15-2023 at 06:42 PM.
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

FEP Registries: Black Magic & Crimson Cat / Cobra / Dominator / G.T.350 / LTD LX/Police & Marquis LTS / M81 / Pace Car / Predator / Saleen / Turbo GT & Turbo RS / Twister II

Wanted (Dead or Alive): VINs, door tags, buck tags, build sheets, window stickers, owner cards, transmission tags, axle tags

Hi have been out for a while my car is 628628 car is in Lagrange Il in resto still lack of funds. Did all old accounts get purged. I have a 2010 account but I was on early love the chart on BM. Cars

Quote Originally Posted by mad brad View Post
    Hi have been out for a while my car is 628628 car is in Lagrange Il in resto still lack of funds. Did all old accounts get purged. I have a 2010 account but I was on early love the chart on BM. Cars
    unused accounts do get purged occasionally but it looks like your old account is still active...http://vb.foureyedpride.com/member.php?10620-BRAD-DODGE
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

FEP Registries: Black Magic & Crimson Cat / Cobra / Dominator / G.T.350 / LTD LX/Police & Marquis LTS / M81 / Pace Car / Predator / Saleen / Turbo GT & Turbo RS / Twister II

Wanted (Dead or Alive): VINs, door tags, buck tags, build sheets, window stickers, owner cards, transmission tags, axle tags

Welcome back Bran. How about posting some pics so we can check out your ride.
    Dave

If common sense was common wouldn't it just be sense?

1983 Capri L T top 5.0 efi aod
    1983 Capri RS Turbo
    1981 Black Magic 400 c6
    93 F-250 351 5sp 4x4

Car is buried in garage of toys and projects with the 73 nova ss hatch

Do I submit my information to be added? How does that sheet work?

You can post pics of any and all tags, sheets, stickers, etc. that you have ... door tag, buck tag, window sticker, build sheet, owner card, axle tag, engine calibration label, Marti report, etc. ... or you can email pics of them to me. I can decode all of them also, in a separate thread, if you want. Also a list of options (if you don't have a build sheet, window sticker, or Marti report) and mileage. If you want a pic included in the 'registry' send a good one and I'll include a clickable link.
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

Just posted a new album with door and buck - and another album with sticker and purchase receipt
    Last edited by MercuryBlues82; 07-31-2017 at 04:10 PM. Reason: additional info

CF627783 added to database and registry
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

Sweet! I'll post a proper picture of it as soon as I get a chance. Weather has been CRAP!!!

Name:  Capri_1.jpg
Views: 256
Size:  144.5 KB
    Rain Finally Let Up! Here's a Proper photo of my baby.

Absolutely Awesome!

Now I am truly envious!
    ​Trey

"I Don't build it hoping for your approval! I built it because it meets mine!"

"I've spent most of my money on Mustangs, racing, and women... the rest I just wasted."

Mustangs Past: Too many to remember!
    Current Mustangs:
    1969 Mach 1
    1979 Pace Car now 5.0/5 speed
    1982 GT Stalled RestoModification
    1984 SVO Still Waiting Restoration
    1986 GT Under going Wide Body Conversion Currently

Current Capris:
    1981 Capri Roller
    1981 Capri Black Magic Roller Basket Case
    1982 Capri RS 5.0/4spd T-top Full Restoration Stalled in TX
    1984 Capri RS T-top Roller
    1983-84 Gloy Racing Trans Am/IMSA Body Parts

Thank You Sir!

Absolutely gorgeous.
    Dave

If common sense was common wouldn't it just be sense?

1983 Capri L T top 5.0 efi aod
    1983 Capri RS Turbo
    1981 Black Magic 400 c6
    93 F-250 351 5sp 4x4

Man I love this!

Just the RS's alone were great, the Black Magics were even more loved.

The BM's in 82's and 83's toped it off as they had the engine as well.

The 18 second at 77 mph. 108 mph 255 4.2 was all you could get from 1980 to 1981, but as a 10 and 11 year old kid, it was always the best looking of all the Foxes. We used to have votes on the nicest 80 and 81 cars. I'd bring my 80 http://i1215.photobucket.com/albums/...0WorldCars.jpg

and 81 http://i1215.photobucket.com/albums/...1WorldCars.jpg World Cars bookes, and right at the Mercury pages, everyone would stop and oogle the RS Capri.

I was raised on a diet of GM Trans Am and Formula Firebird loving class mates. The little Foxes were the ace, just everyone looked at the specs and said Geeze 88 Killer Watts or 119 hp? Even the Aussie Ford F100, Bronco and LTD puts out 200 horses and dips into the 17's even with 2 tons to drag around. What a joke.

And the even slower, 19.07 seond quarter mile at 71 , 90 mph top speed 1981 3.3 4 speed Capri RS. A base engine for the Black Magic.

Why did people pick on the 25 mpg 4.2 when there was the truly guttless 3.3 for the press to hammer. Ah, the GAS Crunch years, a downwarding spiral of Maliase...the 5.0 was the antedote!

Thanks for the interesting reading material. Hard to tell if the author actually likes the car or not. Speaking of Gas, options sheet on my 82 said est. 17mpg at a price of $1.65 per gallon. Similar sized cars ranged anywhere from 9-45 mpg. Price must have been the crisis because it was more expensive then when I started driving in the late 90's. Yes, I'm a youngin. Who the heck buys a sports car and asks, "What's the gas mileage on this thing?" Look for another car...

MercuryBlues82 that is a beautiful ride!

Thank you! Here's a 'different' angle...
    Name:  Capri_2.jpg
Views: 247
Size:  162.4 KB

Quote Originally Posted by MercuryBlues82 View Post
    Thank you! Here's a 'different' angle...
    Name:  Capri_2.jpg
Views: 247
Size:  162.4 KB
    That's cool!

Honestly the best angle IMHO would be this beauty sitting in my driveway!
    ​Trey

"I Don't build it hoping for your approval! I built it because it meets mine!"

"I've spent most of my money on Mustangs, racing, and women... the rest I just wasted."

Mustangs Past: Too many to remember!
    Current Mustangs:
    1969 Mach 1
    1979 Pace Car now 5.0/5 speed
    1982 GT Stalled RestoModification
    1984 SVO Still Waiting Restoration
    1986 GT Under going Wide Body Conversion Currently

Current Capris:
    1981 Capri Roller
    1981 Capri Black Magic Roller Basket Case
    1982 Capri RS 5.0/4spd T-top Full Restoration Stalled in TX
    1984 Capri RS T-top Roller
    1983-84 Gloy Racing Trans Am/IMSA Body Parts

Pic added for CF627783. Thanks!
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

Fantastic! Great to be 'on the map.' Didn't see too many pics of other cars on the registry. My father and I often discussed how many 'Black Magics' were still out on the road today. Probably just a handful of us still driving the originals. Interesting side note, Hagerty insurance has no data on the black magic. When you put the vin in their search, they even mislabel the assembly plant as Lorain, OH. They value the car at a whopping $5,600... That's bogus right?

Yours is the first pic I have added. There are others I just never though about adding pics. I really need to redo the display of the whole thing but my website building skills, so as to make things more aesthetically pleasing, are nil.
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder