Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sale pending....

Like your latest update, Justin! ��
    Lu M. Merc'in

AWESOME! A super early '85 because that piping and those hood scoops went away very fast. Mine never had them and it was one of the first 100.

Chuck,
    Yes this car has a manufactor build date of 12-84
    I recently spoke to the only other early or pre-production coupe owner who is not active on the forum. He advised me that he owned two, one with no vin and one with a vin and title however his did not have the glove box radar detector or the dual striped hood. To date with my research, mine and those two are the only ones to exist, that being said his non title car is in pieces and the titled car was sold and in need of a restoration.

Quote Originally Posted by ct_gsxr1000 View Post
    Chuck,
    Yes this car has a manufactor build date of 12-84
    I recently spoke to the only other early or pre-production coupe owner who is not active on the forum. He advised me that he owned two, one with no vin and one with a vin and title however his did not have the glove box radar detector or the dual striped hood. To date with my research, mine and those two are the only ones to exist, that being said his non title car is in pieces and the titled car was sold and in need of a restoration.
    Did she sell?

My car is awaiting pick-up as New England weather isn't the best for driving. The other two cars are sold and in poor condition as I was told.
    To be honest, many people messaged me however I was taken back with the slow response of real interest considering how rare this car is. I have 5 original wheels, a brand new hood and spare original replacement carb valued together at about $1500 total, so that makes the cars price at $7500 with low miles and one of parts... Yet I watch people diving at rust buckets for 3,4,5000$$ with 100k or more on the clock
    Maybe it's me, maybe it's the market
    http://miami.craigslist.org/brw/cto/4293028002.html
    I use this car as a perfect example of price vs value
    Last edited by ct_gsxr1000; 02-26-2014 at 09:36 PM.

My car is awaiting pick-up as New England weather isn't the best for driving. The other two cars are sold and in poor condition as I was told.
    To be honest, many people messaged me however I was taken back with the slow response of real interest considering how rare this car is. I have 5 original wheels, a brand new hood and spare original replacement carb valued together at about $1500 total, so that makes the cars price at $7500 with low miles and one of parts... Yet I watch people diving at rust buckets for 3,4,5000$$ with 100k or more on the clock
    Maybe it's me, maybe it's the market
    http://miami.craigslist.org/brw/cto/4293028002.html
    I use this car as a perfect example of price vs value
    That ASC in the craigslist add can be bought for 2k cash. His name is Kevin Little and i have talked to him on the phone. The car is located in Pompano Beach. He emailed me a ton of pics.

Big,
    So is my point exactly...
    The car is advertised as a rusty, non running in need of full resto vehicle for $4,000. You have talked with the owner and asked/received a ton of pics, know the car can be had at $2,000 yet you didn't buy it?! I am sure I am not alone in my thinking that 1. It wasn't worth $4,000 and 2. If you had the interest at $4,000 and now it is half the price, why is it not in your driveway.

really nice ride! these are rare and have some cool options.

Big,
    So is my point exactly...
    The car is advertised as a rusty, non running in need of full resto vehicle for $4,000. You have talked with the owner and asked/received a ton of pics, know the car can be had at $2,000 yet you didn't buy it?! I am sure I am not alone in my thinking that 1. It wasn't worth $4,000 and 2. If you had the interest at $4,000 and now it is half the price, why is it not in your driveway.
    Oh,i never had interest at 4k,plus this was 2yrs ago and it still looks the same. The reason i don't own it is 1. No room to store it. 2. It's been a Florida car it's whole life near the coast with a lot of rust scale on everything and 3 Costly replacement parts for restoration scared me away and the long drive or cost of shipping to get it. It's a early ASC also,door tag says 12/84, the vin is 1MEBP79M7FF607911. It has the regular buck tag but is missing the ASC buck tag. If you want all the pics he sent me,i'll email them to you,just PM me.
    Last edited by BigWillie; 02-27-2014 at 10:08 AM.

Yeah, I got more pics on the craigslist one as well. It is rusty and would need some work. I was interested but I can buy rusty cars here in Michigan. I have spoken with the owner as well and never got the impression it could be had on the cheap. Maybe I should reconsider.
    1982 Mustang GT

Congrats on the sale ct_gsxr1000. That is a really special car. The new owner got a great deal.

Quote Originally Posted by fascat View Post
    Congrats on the sale ct_gsxr1000. That is a really special car. The new owner got a great deal.
    Thank you
    And I agree

Neither here nor there

Safe to close this one up Justin? Officially sold?

I will know this Saturday
    I will keep you posted

Quote Originally Posted by Capriman86 View Post
    Safe to close this one up Justin? Officially sold?
    We can close this boys...
    I am picking her up TODAY!!!!
    Lu M. Merc'in

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12