Close

Thread: turbo 82 gt

Default turbo 82 gt

hello guys been a while since I have been on here. I am going to be putting a 95 5.0 in my 82 GT with a 70 mm on 3 performance turbo. I am looking to see what kind of power I can make before it goes boom. here's my set up....

95 5.0

70mm turbo

ford f cam

ems pro mega squirt standalone efi

42 lb fuel injectors

90mm accufab throttle body

procomp aluminum intake with a 95mm edelbrock elbow

t5 with a stage 3 clutch

stock gears I beleave there 3:27 rearend is out of a 95 gt

would like to make 16lbs of boost but I know it breaks at 500 hp but there are those freaks of nature out there. I was throwing around the thought of main studs and a girdle. but this engine is pretty much a test till I order a new short block.

thanks guys for any input

mike

FEP Power Member

I don't know much about turbos, but will love to see your 82 GT with this setup. Coooool!

16lb might be a little much for a stock 5.0 much less a T-5. If you have not ordered or built your hot side yet maybe a 351 Windsor? A 5.0 will live a while on 10-11lb on the street with a clean tune. Head gaskets will be like maintenance then its a piston or a block failure in my experience. Once you have a turbo car YOU CAN'T LIVE WITH OUT ONE.
    1979 Pace Car #290
    1979 Cobra Alternate
    1986 BBF 545
    1988 5.0 Turbo

Ya I have my hot side I still have to order my intercooler. Looking to do aluminum heads later. I would like to do a 351 later but what kind of boost would a stock 351 take? I have a powerstroke and know what you mean I love turbos. I can't wait to drive this car it's been almost 3 years. We have a little girl on the way so I gotta
    Hurrying to get all my vital expensive parts together and done then it will be a drive shaft and some labor. I am looking for a killer street car not a drag car now that I have kids they will wanna ride and I wanna hurt the local ricers and all the rich boy mustangs that there mommy and daddy's bought all there parts for. My son will be 2 next month and loves working on the car with me. Gotta teach them young and the right way. I will try to keep you guys posted on the build.

I have an 87 gt with an on3 kit im making 14 psi...stock bottom end with TF 170 cc heads,TF streat heat intake 75mm TB, I run the stock Speed density cam...I also have 42lb injectors a walbro 340 lph in tank fuel pump...I DO however run a snow performance stage 2 Meth kit..I also have a Lentech AOD and 3.55s...I will tell you now that T5 will not hold up....lol...ALSO the 95 has hypereutectic pistons also not the best...16 psi I think is going to be to much for them...IMO..also what head gaskets you running?...you have head studs...this on stock heads??? wont happen you will lift head gaskets with that much boost....I made close to 500 rwhp on a very safe tune thru an AOD to give you an idea...
    85 GT...SOLD..............
    1993 GT Convertible.....SOLD
    1998 GT sold.
    1990 GT 5spd SOLD.
    Turbo installed The car is insane!!!!!!
    87 GT Vert.On3 turbo 70mm .68 A/R housing.14 pounds of boost!!! Trickflow TW 170cc heads,TF street heat intake,70mm TB,stock cam,1.6 roller rockers,Snow performance stage 2 meth kit,42# injectors,340 lph fuel pump,tunning with Moates QH,Art car C4,3000 stall.3.55's

I am gonna run felpro 1011-2 head gaskets and studs. I know the tranny won't hold I just need it to last till I get the cash for a tko. I knew a guy making 500hp with a super charger and his t5 was still good but he didn't have sticky tires like I do. I am running the nto55r's I believe is the number. I am not running a mass. I am just looking for a reliable quick street car to go an play with on the street not a drag car.. Also running twin walbro 255's . I know the 95's have junk pistons but it's what I have for now. I may try to find a 351 later.

Then if you looking for a good street car forget a stick...Turbo cars LOVE autos....I have a lentech AOD with a 3000 stall manual VB trans and my car pulls like a freight train...I do not loose any boost like you will in a stick.fuel wise I think you will be fine...Head gaskets ive heard of them there ok ..I just like the fel pro 9333 pt1s better..And reliable with a 95 stock short block and 16 psi...I don't think that goes in the same sentence...lol..you can try it what do you have to loose a block..lol....
    1998 GT sold.
    1990 GT 5spd SOLD.
    87 GT Vert.On3 turbo 70mm .68 A/R housing.14 pounds of boost!!! Trickflow TW 170cc heads,TF street heat intake,70mm TB,stock cam,1.6 roller rockers,Snow performance stage 2 meth kit,42# injectors,340 lph fuel pump,tunning with Moates QH,Art car C4,3000 stall.3.55's

Lol ya I want a lot of things like most but the cash isn't there. Have alittle girl on the way so trying to get it mostly done before she gets here. Should I put studs in the bottom or just don't mess with it? I chose the 5 speed cause I like driving them and for the extra gear for the high way for when I go to the car shows. I may just go for 8-10 lbs of boost and drive it.

If you can swing it put in ARP head studs and good fel pro gaskets and make sure you have enough fuel to feed the beast...and try to get/do a safe tune...8-10 psi should make for a fun ride....
    1998 GT sold.
    1990 GT 5spd SOLD.

The on3 kit is great!! That's what I run..
    Stock short block 5.0
    76mm. 96 a/r
    60# injectors
    Edelbrock rpm heads and intake
    Powerglide
    Making 580 rwhp
    9.70@139 on 17#s
    Hope this helps!!!!
    79' Pacecar 5.0 .76mm Turbo powerglide
    9.70 @ 139

580 ?!?!?! Holy crap man! What did you do to the bottom end to keep it together? I just said screw it and left my stock bolts in the mains and it's pretty much together now. I need to know if the TS valve spring kit will work with my f cam. I can't get a straight answer out of summit like usual.

Gonna wait till the end of next month to buy my mega squirt. I thought really hard about it and that 500 can get my engine in the car and waiting in just basic crap. And a drive shaft and fuel lines then it's ready to rock.

Oh and I have black OE 10th anniversary wheels with nitto nto5rs on the back. Thinking of selling them there brand new no miles thinking of a street tire I really don't want it to stick.

To add if I have not said before this is my first turbo car so I may be biting off more than I can chew. Never drove one but rode in my buddy's pinto and holy crap! I love turbo cars lol can't wait to drive mine.