Close

Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Dearborn #1500 added to database and registry. One option it does have is Lower Bodyside Protection (code "RA" on buck tag and "ROAD ABRASION" on second tag).
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

FEP Registries: Black Magic & Crimson Cat / Cobra / Dominator / G.T.350 / LTD LX/Police & Marquis LTS / M81 / Pace Car / Predator / Saleen / Turbo GT & Turbo RS / Twister II

Wanted (Dead or Alive): VINs, door tags, buck tags, build sheets, window stickers, owner cards, transmission tags, axle tags

Thanks FoxChassis. The car has been painted so wasn't able to tell.

FEP Supporter

Quote Originally Posted by kgmustangman View Post
    Thanks FoxChassis. The car has been painted so wasn't able to tell.
    Welcome to the site. You never see a Pace Car around these parts. I swear I have never seen one that I can recall ever. Nice find, where is DSO B4?

DSO - B4 = Midwestern Ford of Canada district sales office
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

FEP Registries: Black Magic & Crimson Cat / Cobra / Dominator / G.T.350 / LTD LX/Police & Marquis LTS / M81 / Pace Car / Predator / Saleen / Turbo GT & Turbo RS / Twister II

Wanted (Dead or Alive): VINs, door tags, buck tags, build sheets, window stickers, owner cards, transmission tags, axle tags

Default My pace car vin

Hey all, I have my 79
    Pace car of 30 years.. 3 time Detroit autorama winner.. Vin # d9f03w485296. Proud owner in flint Michigan. Please add me to your registry .. Todd Martin... Car came from the cleavland Ohio area and was wrecked here and abandoned .. I bought it and fully properly restored it.. I wonder who owned it before me so I can get a full story of the car.. Todd Martin

Todd: I added Dearborn #5296 to the registry in Aug of last year. You posted the VIN on page 4 of this thread.

Hi!! I would like to add my car here. I'll post a pic of the buck tag later today. Vin # 9F03w485296. I've been to the Detroit autorama for 3 years now with it.
    I have not seen the buck tag yet, though. Or the door tag, owner card, build sheet, window sticker, Marti report, etc.
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

Hi!! I forgot I posted on here last year... I'll take pic of the buck tag today.. I have not yet got a marti report on my car..

Southern Indiana, outside of Louisville KY

I am sure everyone is watching this one on eBay:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/322145206404...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

But we should get the info entered into the list......

They show it as VIN: 9F03F480073

Default Pacecar to Add to Registry

FoxChassis,

Please add my Pacecar to the registry. I bought it new from the Ford dealer in Baraboo Wisconsin. The car was a daily driver for many years and has 167996 miles. Options are power steering, power brakes, and air conditioning. It also has an AM/FM cassette radio with the premium sound system. Attached are the door tag, buck/build sheet, and mileage.

Thank you
    Attached Images Attached Images    

And here's one more for the registry, if you could add it too.

Vin 9F03W487326
    4 Cyl, sunroof, cassette, power door locks, a/c.
    Car appeared to be in all original condition, except for the motor and 4 spd tranny, which were from a later model mustang (non-turbo 2.3). Head gasket was blown. I pulled motor and currently in the process of converting to 302 roller motor (rebuilt with 331 stroker kit). Also replacing transmission with a rebuilit T5 and power steering being replaced with Flaming River manual rack and steering shaft. Original TRX wheels currently still on car, but plans to swap to 16" TRX repops. Paint and interior will stay stock. Showing 51k miles on clock. Not sure if that's original miles, but interior is in excellent shape...carpet, pedals, etc.

Car was originally purchased in New Jersey, but I recently bought from another member in Louisiana and had shipped to my home in West Virginia.

Name:  20160617_002406.jpg
Views: 218
Size:  78.9 KB

Name:  20160617_002710.jpg
Views: 216
Size:  46.8 KB

Hi, 9f03w487455 belongs to me, I've owned it for the past 14 years it's in del Rio tx, I'll send pictures of Vin and buck tag hopefully tomorrow, everyone will probably hate me but it is in progress of 4.6 2v 5 speed swap at the moment. Was originally 4cyl turbo 4 speed and has had so swap and now on to a 4.6 2v swap. I'm keeping this car forever I've done lots of work to it, like I said I've had this cat 14 years and am now 26 will be 27 in a couple of days parts are getting hard to find I actually traded a running 82 Capri rs just for the pace car front bumper as mine was long gone.

Any idea what it would cost to have a set of trx style wheels made in a 17x9 and a 17x10.5 in a 5 lug I see that 16x7 are being made in a 4 lug pattern

VIN # 484297 for sale on ebay......
    Didn't see it listed on the spreadsheet.....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/182310729887...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Yep, I need to get caught up after the hurricane/flooding/power outage. Thanks!
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

Dearborn #4297 was there, just need to add newest ebay auction and mileage.
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

Just took a look at Craigslist and there are currently 11 Pace Cars for sale across the country in various conditions.......$1000.00 to $18K
    And none of them have photos of the door id tag in the ads...........

I didn't see where the info for the third "real" pace had been entered in your spreadsheet.

http://www.concoursmustang.com/forum...?topic=14347.0

This is a link to a posting with 102849 being the Pace Car in the Indianapolis Motor Speedway museum

Quote Originally Posted by Prestige Auto Body View Post
    I am sure everyone is watching this one on eBay:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/322145206404...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

But we should get the info entered into the list......

They show it as VIN: 9F03F480073
    I see that this one is already in the registry, but here's a little more info on it. I ended up buying Pace Car #73. My name is Dave and I live in Indy.
    The car didn't have a door tag but here is the Buck Tag along with the mileage. I bought it back in July with 97,500 miles on it. Now it has 98,225 miles on it.
    Based on the Marti Report it was a Local Promotion Car. I was told by the previous owner that the car was given to a Indy 500 driver to use for the month of May in 1979 but I haven't been able to verify the story yet. The car was found in a chicken coop and restored by a gentleman in Peru, Indiana. During the restoration he took the rear wiper off as he didn't like the way it looked. When I originally looked at the car (and seeing the VIN #) I was hoping it was a Festival Car but after getting the Marti Report I found out it wasn't. But I absolutely love driving this car around.Name:  iphone 9.6.2016 003.jpg
Views: 184
Size:  113.7 KBName:  IMG_8914.jpg
Views: 182
Size:  56.6 KB

Name:  IMG_8909.jpg
Views: 178
Size:  57.4 KBName:  IMG_8911.jpg
Size:  66.1 KBName:  IMG_8912.jpg
Size:  80.5 KB

Dearborn #480073 updated in the database and registry
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

Name:  20161030_212415.jpg
Views: 152
Size:  51.8 KB 1 have a 79 pace car not on the registry Vin # 9f03f486214 05-79 R/7 ax/Y tr/5LLMM Dso 58

Name:  20161030_214821.jpg
Views: 149
Size:  54.6 KB the car was bought new at Brooks Olson Ford in Little falls mn and I bought it from a guy by park rapids mn and brought it back to little falls it has 131,588 miles on it and is in the process of a restoration but the motor and trans were long gone so I built a 500hp 351w/357 ,aluminum racing heads 2.02 1.60 valves, hypertonic flat top pistons, roller rockers, edelbrock intake &carb , big cam, BBK headers, msd ignition, bolted to a T5 5spd high performance clutch, aluminum drive shaft, TKO rear end girdle, posi with stock 3.45 gears, Moser axles, torque box kit performance rear upper and lower control arms, sub frame conectors that's as far as I am

Just looked through the registry, that is a very informative list.
    Last edited by Unclesams_SVO; 11-02-2016 at 12:30 AM.
    1986 SVO 1E (IRS'd and too much $$ spent making it turn, stop, and go)
    http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...esto-Mod-Build

1979 Pace Car #2179 (Gathering parts for GT500 5.8, T56, and t-top swap)
    http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...84#post1944184

Dearborn #6214 added to database and registry.
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

Name:  480132 Door Tag.jpg
Views: 131
Size:  39.2 KB

I have VIN: 9F03F480132. It is undergoing restoration and modification. It is being modified to be a replica of the Pace Car driven by Jackie Stewart at the 1979 Indianapolis 500 race. The engine and drive train is being modified to match what Jack Roush Engineering did to the race day Pace Car. Similar to what Cars and Concepts did to the roof, we have installed t-tops. I am hoping to have this completed by April 2017. The engine rebuild for the race day Pace Car used mostly Ford performance parts. The car maintained the original block but was modified with early 351 Windsor heads with larger intake and exhaust valves, 302 Boss camshaft and crankshaft, a Shelby style Ford two-plane aluminum high-rise intake and a 600 cfm Holley four-barrel carburetor with slight modifications. I would love for someone to decode my door tag. Thanks!

There is a story in Mustang Illustrated from the March 1995 issue and it states that 76 Replicas were designated as Festival Cars. The article also mentions that VIN: 480038 was Festival Car #21. If they went in sequence that would make 480018 the first car designated as a Festival car. That also would make 480094 the last Festival car. According to this theory, your car would be a Festival car, but like any magazine article, we do not know the validity of it. If yours is not a Festival car and they did not go in sequence there is a slim possibility that my 480132 Pace Car is a Festival car. Nice looking car you have!

Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast