Close

Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
    Southern Indiana, outside of Louisville KY

FoxChassis.....I think you inserted the re-paint info on 7111 on the line for 7095.....

Indeed I did. It's fixed.
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

FEP Registries: Black Magic & Crimson Cat / Cobra / Dominator / G.T.350 / LTD LX/Police & Marquis LTS / M81 / Pace Car / Predator / Saleen / Turbo GT & Turbo RS / Twister II

Wanted (Dead or Alive): VINs, door tags, buck tags, build sheets, window stickers, owner cards, transmission tags, axle tags

Hello Everyone,

I am the new owner of 9F03F481055. I purchased it from a car dealer in forest lake, MN. I have the information of the previous owner which had it for 27 years. He has agreed to talk to me about the history of the car.

The things that I know right now.
    1. The driver side door was replaced with another PC door. So the door tag has a different VIN 9F03F485508 (maybe dead)
    2. Buck tag is covered up by the tranny cooler line. So pending that picture.
    3. I was told that the car has 24k original miles which I think is a little suspect. The seats are all worn out and general rust under the car. Looks like it may have been repainted but they did a good job for the most part.

Feedback on what you all see would be helpful.
    Name:  IMG_0918.jpg
Views: 302
Size:  110.7 KB
    Name:  IMG_0923.jpg
Views: 298
Size:  62.0 KB
    Name:  IMG_0926.jpg
Views: 302
Size:  90.8 KB
    Name:  IMG_0928.jpg
Views: 292
Size:  102.8 KB
    Name:  IMG_0927.jpg
Views: 299
Size:  87.4 KB
    Last edited by MNbuckeye; 11-17-2018 at 11:59 AM. Reason: Missing infromation

Congrats! Nice looking PC

I my opinion I would suspect at least 124K miles judging by the Recaro seat wear. The material doesn't hold up well anyway, but NO WAY those seats are that worn with only 24K miles. Especially the passenger side. Often the PS will look really good and the DS worn out, but WOW! Luckily TMI has the reproduction material if you want to restore them. Anyway, Welcome to FEP!
    ​Trey

"I Don't build it hoping for your approval! I built it because it meets mine!"

"I've spent most of my money on Mustangs, racing, and women... the rest I just wasted."

Mustangs Past: Too many to remember!
    Current Mustangs:
    1969 Mach 1
    1979 Pace Car now 5.0/5 speed
    1982 GT Stalled RestoModification
    1984 SVO Still Waiting Restoration
    1986 GT Under going Wide Body Conversion Currently

Current Capris:
    1981 Capri Roller
    1981 Capri Black Magic Roller Basket Case
    1982 Capri RS 5.0/4spd T-top Full Restoration Stalled in TX
    1984 Capri RS T-top Roller
    1983-84 Gloy Racing Trans Am/IMSA Body Parts

[QUOTE=MNbuckeye;1895610]Hello Everyone,

I am the new owner of 9F03F481055. I purchased it from a car dealer in forest lake, MN. I have the information of the previous owner which had it for 27 years. He has agreed to talk to me about the history of the car.

The things that I know right now.
    1. The driver side door was replaced with another PC door. So the door tag has a different VIN 9F03F485508 (maybe dead)

Feedback on what you all see would be helpful.

-------------------------------------

You can get a replacement door sticker to match your VIN through this website. https://www.martiauto.com/martireports.cfm It may not have everything on it but at least it will match the VIN of the car.
    1986 SVO 1E (IRS'd and too much $$ spent making it turn, stop, and go)
    http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...esto-Mod-Build

1979 Pace Car #2179 (Gathering parts for GT500 5.8, T56, and t-top swap)
    http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...84#post1944184

Dearborn #1055 added to database and registry
    Dearborn #5508 added to database and registry
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

FEP Registries: Black Magic & Crimson Cat / Cobra / Dominator / G.T.350 / LTD LX/Police & Marquis LTS / M81 / Pace Car / Predator / Saleen / Turbo GT & Turbo RS / Twister II

Wanted (Dead or Alive): VINs, door tags, buck tags, build sheets, window stickers, owner cards, transmission tags, axle tags

Talked to the guy that owned this for the past 27 year. Filled me in on a lot of good info

1. Both door replace from 5508. 5508 was in a junkyard. Reason for replacing was rust.
    2. Repainted, he told me where to find the paint runs on the hatch. Also the gap on the red sticker running up to the roof.
    3. Rearend, front, and rear suspension all replace/rebuilt. Put some kind of shift kit in the trans. (Car current shift hard and high rpm in a bad way)
    4. Motor was rebuilt. This is the interesting thing. When he rebuilt it he said that no stock 302 parts would fit. He said that they had to use 302 boss parts. Did these cars have 302 boss parts or a block? The block has half the VIN stamped on it 4810 missing the 55. He said it the original engine, tranny and rear-end. (i don't believe it)
    5. Car has 124k miles so the person that sold it to me lied. Titled has N/R for mileage

all in all really happy with my purchase.

Buck tag pic

Name:  8999B8A8-0DBC-4DEA-81E7-332236DB255C.jpg
Views: 279
Size:  90.4 KB
    Last edited by MNbuckeye; 11-18-2018 at 07:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MNbuckeye View Post
    4. Motor was rebuilt. This is the interesting thing. When he rebuilt it he said that no stock 302 parts would fit. He said that they had to use 302 boss parts. Did these cars have 302 boss parts or a block? The block has half the VIN stamped on it 4810 missing the 55. He said it the original engine, tranny and rear-end. (i don't believe it)
    No on BOSS block or parts originally from the factory. Somebody could have done that after they owned it. Or the previous owner is mistaken about what they tried to use and what didn't fit. But since the block has (partial) 481055 VIN it's the original block to the car from the factory.
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

Nice buy, I stopped and looked at the car myself but I'm currently building one of my own. Glad to see the car stayed local and hope to see it out in the spring.

Pace Car 9F03F480434 is for sale in Cambridge, MN for 2900$

Default 9f03w484604

Sold on Facebook Marketplace last week. ($1500.00)
    V8 installed.
    VIN based on sellers information.

Name:  484604 RT front.PNG
Views: 219
Size:  529.7 KBName:  484604 LT side.PNG
Views: 221
Size:  518.1 KBName:  484604 interior.JPG
Views: 218
Size:  115.4 KBName:  484604 back seat.JPG
Views: 222
Size:  142.3 KBName:  484604 engine.JPG
Views: 217
Size:  147.3 KB

Dearborn #0434 and #4604 added to database and registry
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

Update to 2148. 302 and t5 in it now, 5 lug, later model cobra wheels, dual exhaust

Dearborn #2148 updated
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

[attach]125464
    Attached Images Attached Images  

[attach]125465
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Just got. All orignal everything that I can see. Aftermarket wheels but have originals. 87k miles. No rust anywhere. Rear defrost. Cassette radio. Manual windows and locks. Power brakes and steering.

Default 9f03f481205

This one was listed for sale at Classic Auto Mall in PA for $18500.00
    https://www.classicautomall.com/vehi...-indy-pace-car

It now shows as sold on their website

V8, Auto, no A/C, tilt, cruise, Rear defog, AM/FM 8 track, power locks

Name:  1979-ford-mustang-indy-pace-car-35.jpg
Views: 161
Size:  83.2 KBName:  1979-ford-mustang-indy-pace-car-01.jpg
Views: 161
Size:  59.8 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Wheelz357 View Post
    Just got. All orignal everything that I can see. Aftermarket wheels but have originals. 87k miles. No rust anywhere. Rear defrost. Cassette radio. Manual windows and locks. Power brakes and steering.
    Dearborn #4922 added to database and registry. Please post pic of buck tag and any other tag, card, sheet, etc that you got with the car. Thanks.
    Last edited by FoxChassis; 01-03-2019 at 11:15 AM.
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

Quote Originally Posted by Prestige Auto Body View Post
    This one was listed for sale at Classic Auto Mall in PA for $18500.00
    https://www.classicautomall.com/vehi...-indy-pace-car

It now shows as sold on their website

V8, Auto, no A/C, tilt, cruise, Rear defog, AM/FM 8 track, power locks
    Dearborn #1205 added to database and registry.
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

I just picked up car #483886. Born in Dearborn, 2.3t sunroof car

Interesting story behind it. My uncle bought this car new 40 years ago. He owned it til the mid 80s and he sold it to his best friend. His friend moved 200 miles away into PA and they pretty much lost touch. My uncle passed away at age 40 back in 2000 from a series of questionable life choices.

Growing up I had heard stories about this mustang but never gave much consideration to it because I was told it was a 78(im a huge foxbody guy). One night I was looking at old slides with my dad and I saw one at his childhood home of the car. When I asked whos car is was, he said it was my uncles. I instantly recognized it as a 79 PC even though many of the decals were removed. I tried to track it down but ran into a dead end after I had no way of finding his best friend to see if he still owned it.

My teenage years into my early adulthood, I ended up following in the footsteps of my uncle more than I would have ever known. I had some rough times and turned my life around. Fast forward to a few years after I saw that slide of the car, a friends mom asks me about my uncle "who had the mustang". When I asked why, she told me because her cousin was the one who bought the car. She reached out to him for me and he still had it! He didnt want to sell it though, but I asked that if he ever did, he please think of me. Well a month ago the call came in, that he wanted to see the car go back home to someone who could truly appreciate it and give it the care it needs. I brought it home this last weekend. It needs some love, and the carb/turbo 4 niche of the fox world is new to me, but I hope to keep my uncle's memory alive the best way I know how

Can you post door tag and buck tag from Dearborn #3886? List of options is here: http://foxchassis.com/fep/registry/pc/options.html
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

Default 480029 Buck Tag

I was looking through the Registry and notice that you did not have my Buck Tag listed with a check mark.....
    So just in case you need it I have attached a photo....
    Name:  Buck Tag.JPG
Views: 118
Size:  145.9 KB

Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast