Close

Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Whew, good luck and thanks for at least keeping it from being turned into soup cans for now. I personally have never seen one that far gone resurrected. Not a Fox Body. I certainly am not implying that it can't be done though. I saved one that most everyone here was laughing at in the beginning but I ended up making a profit on when I sold it on so it can be done. You own enough projects already so I know you get the drill. You will likely have more in that than it will be worth in the end but definitely a cool story and if you don't plan to sell it anyway who cares what it is worth. There was a really well documented one on FEP this fall with original paint that looked real nice that the guy had trouble getting any calls at $6,000. He did finally sell it though.

Started at 8 and it went for less than $5,xxx.

http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...light=pace+car
    Last edited by homer302; 12-27-2017 at 08:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by homer302 View Post
    thanks for at least keeping it from being turned into soup cans
    That right there was my point in purchasing it, not really after a profit margin. Acquiring for profit makes it a business and takes the fun and passion out of the hobby. As a matter of fact I'd sell it to anyone right now for what I paid, or even less with a promise to repair it. I have the skills/tools to fix it, non-pc parts are inexpensive and plentiful. But I have too many projects at the moment. My short term plan is to clean it up, inspect, offer up for sale or preserve for later.
    79 Capri RS 5.0/AOD | 82 CHP SSP #0513 5.0/SROD | 82 Capri Tu-Tone 4.2/C5 | 83 NCSHP SSP 5.0/SROD
    84 FHP SSP 5.0/T5 | 84 LTD Wagon 3.8/AOD | 85 LTD LX 5.0/AOD | 88 GT 5.0 Turbo/T5

#6679 just popped up for sale near me. I see that's it's not in the registry. I might go look at it just for something to do. Let me know if there's any more info I can collect from it.

https://greensboro.craigslist.org/ct...441150831.html

Name:  00x0x_VpQ4fYL8kS_1200x900.jpg
Views: 384
Size:  23.7 KBName:  00w0w_LcR51KRUyK_1200x900.jpg
Views: 382
Size:  82.6 KB
    79 Capri RS 5.0/AOD | 82 CHP SSP #0513 5.0/SROD | 82 Capri Tu-Tone 4.2/C5 | 83 NCSHP SSP 5.0/SROD
    84 FHP SSP 5.0/T5 | 84 LTD Wagon 3.8/AOD | 85 LTD LX 5.0/AOD | 88 GT 5.0 Turbo/T5

Dearborn #6679 added to database and registry. Thanks.

If you do go look at it see if you can get a pic of the buck tag. And write down a list of options, which are here: http://foxchassis.com/fep/registry/pc/options
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

FEP Registries: Black Magic & Crimson Cat / Cobra / Dominator / G.T.350 / LTD LX/Police & Marquis LTS / M81 / Pace Car / Predator / Saleen / Turbo GT & Turbo RS / Twister II

Wanted (Dead or Alive): VINs, door tags, buck tags, build sheets, window stickers, owner cards, transmission tags, axle tags

Quote Originally Posted by FoxChassis View Post
    Dearborn #6679 added to database and registry. Thanks.

If you do go look at it see if you can get a pic of the buck tag. And write down a list of options, which are here: http://foxchassis.com/fep/registry/pc/options

Will do!!

Unfortunately I found one that isn’t on the register, but it’s been wrecked pretty badly. It’s for sale to the public through Copart if anybody needs a turbo parts car.

https://www.copart.com/lot/23888258

Serial number 6342. Looks like a turbo car with manual trans. Has the rear wiper. Shame.

Dearborn #6324 added to database and registry
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

FEP Registries: Black Magic & Crimson Cat / Cobra / Dominator / G.T.350 / LTD LX/Police & Marquis LTS / M81 / Pace Car / Predator / Saleen / Turbo GT & Turbo RS / Twister II

Wanted (Dead or Alive): VINs, door tags, buck tags, build sheets, window stickers, owner cards, transmission tags, axle tags

Name:  image2.jpg
Views: 314
Size:  95.8 KB

1979 Mustang pace car 2.3 turbo 4 speed. Has 143,556 miles and picked it up in des moines last summer. Going to be restoring it. Was actually in a magazine in 1992 for being restored. heres a link of the article on it

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1979-FORD-M...97.m4902.l9144
    Last edited by nkoshe22; 03-16-2018 at 09:48 PM. Reason: miles

Dearborn #2148 added to database and registry. Does it have any of the options shown here?...http://foxchassis.com/fep/registry/pc/options.html
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

Front plate, A/C, has emission smog pump etc, cassette radio, sunroof, windshield washers

Do you keep other information about vin numbers that is not on the register? Asking about 481073 in particular as my pace car also has the same vin but different build date, also mine has spent most of its life outside of the USA

There are two 481073. One built at Dearborn and one built at San Jose. The only 481073 that is in the database now is from San Jose. Is yours that one or the one from Dearborn?
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

9R03W481073 we have only recently uncovered the door tag after a previous owner painted over it about 15 years ago, I haven't submitted it to your register, but I understand that my pace car was imported into New Zealand in 1981 out of South Africa, a previous owner fitted a injected 5.0, 5 speed and 8.8[ATTACH]121374
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by kiwipacecar; 06-04-2018 at 05:48 AM.

Yours is the San Jose unit in the database. Info has been updated. I will have to check on why it said 05-79.
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

Default 79 Pace Car informatiom

Name:  79 vin tag.jpg
Views: 229
Size:  47.7 KBName:  79 speedometer.jpg
Views: 235
Size:  251.6 KB
    You have my car in there also. I purchased it from the original owner out of PA off of Ebay. Has no AC and the only option was automatic and 8 track tape player with premium sound. Car is all bone stock and runs out perfect. I live in North Carolina and plan on keeping it for awhile
    Last edited by zukman31; 06-16-2018 at 10:27 PM.

Dearborn #6385 updated in registry and database
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

I just got ahold of one of these yesterday. #480037. It won’t let me post pictures from my phone.

Is it Dearborn (VIN starts with 9F) #0037 or San Jose (9R) #0037?
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

Quote Originally Posted by kiwipacecar View Post
    9R03W481073 we have only recently uncovered the door tag after a previous owner painted over it about 15 years ago, I haven't submitted it to your register, but I understand that my pace car was imported into New Zealand in 1981 out of South Africa, a previous owner fitted a injected 5.0, 5 speed and 8.8[ATTACH]121374

Your car after painting. Know it well. Pictures from previous sale.

Loved working with Naylor Love as a laci labourer....

Hi everyone!
    I'm new to the forum.
    I have a pace car i like to decode. ive owed it since 1990 but it has been sitting in my parent garage since 1993. I just got it over to my shop and ready to do something with it.
    My vin is 9R03f480057. it's a Canadian car so it has a metric speedometer. It has some rare options like tilt steering, cruise, rear wiper and defrost, pwr door locks but no pwr Windows, map light, premium sound with amp V8 auto however the 5L was replaced with a 69 351 Windsor 4v.it also has something I never seen before, I have a louvered cover that fits over the sunroof...has anyone seen this before?
    Anyways I'm happy to join the club and excited about getting this back on the road.

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba View Post
    Hi everyone!
    I'm new to the forum.
    I have a pace car i like to decode. ive owed it since 1990 but it has been sitting in my parent garage since 1993. I just got it over to my shop and ready to do something with it.
    My vin is 9R03f480057. it's a Canadian car so it has a metric speedometer. It has some rare options like tilt steering, cruise, rear wiper and defrost, pwr door locks but no pwr Windows, map light, premium sound with amp V8 auto however the 5L was replaced with a 69 351 Windsor 4v.it also has something I never seen before, I have a louvered cover that fits over the sunroof...has anyone seen this before?
    Anyways I'm happy to join the club and excited about getting this back on the road.
    Please post the door tag, buck tag, and pics of the car and I will add them to the database and registry. Thanks.
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

New to the forum. I have a Pace Car that I bought new in Sept. 1979. I'm sending a pic of the door tag. Top left corner is jacked so I don't know what month it said there originally.
    Attachment 124916

Attachment 124918

Attachment 124928
    Last edited by radartek; 11-11-2018 at 11:59 AM.

Southern Indiana, outside of Louisville KY

Default 9f03w487111

9F03W487111, was sold at an estate auction this past Saturday 11-10-2018 in Southern Indiana.
    Vehicle was purchased by a family member for $3900.00
    Vehicle was said to be a one owner with 83k miles.
    Car was last licensed in 2000.
    At some point the car has had a complete re-paint, and the stripes are painted on the vehicle as is the lettering and running horses. Vehicle has had a replacement exhaust system installed.

Name:  F487111 ID Tag.jpg
Views: 129
Size:  81.3 KBName:  F487111 mileage.jpg
Views: 129
Size:  74.1 KBName:  F487111 RT front.jpg
Views: 130
Size:  150.9 KBName:  F487111 Engine.jpg
Views: 124
Size:  117.5 KB

San Jose #1510 added to database and registry
    Dearborn #7111 added to database and registry
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast