Close

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Yes it is.

Name:  IMG_5236.jpg
Views: 312
Size:  86.0 KB

My mother bought a new 1980 Cobra in August of 1980. It was a turbo and had an automatic. At the time Ford and several dealers said it did not exist. Something to do with emission certification. However, after many weeks of searching we found it in Hillsboro, Ohio. It was MSRP at around $8000. No air, with sunroof, a pace car copy really. We sold it in 1991. Every book, website, any research says this turbo/automatic combo was not available. I just wanted to let you know it did exist as we had one. If I can find the VIN I will post it. My parents kept everything so it may be around in some old files. It went thru 3 turbos too by the way. Great work on your registry.

The 2.3T/auto combo was available only in the 1980 model year. I have several in the database and registries, and not just Cobras.
    Last edited by FoxChassis; 04-25-2020 at 09:54 AM.
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

FEP Registries: Black Magic & Crimson Cat / Cobra / Dominator / G.T.350 / LTD LX/Police & Marquis LTS / M81 / Pace Car / Predator / Saleen / Turbo GT & Turbo RS / Twister II

Wanted (Dead or Alive): VINs, door tags, buck tags, build sheets, window stickers, owner cards, transmission tags, axle tags

Quote Originally Posted by Stash View Post
    Thank you. I'll have to look into what its for.
    It appears the toggle switch was put it to replace the original fog light switch.

Sent from my LG-H873 using Tapatalk
    -Currently Searching for "The One"

Here is the buck tag and door tag of my 79 Cobra V8 4 speed with a rear wiper. Attachment 133652Name:  received_592388828366170.jpg
Views: 202
Size:  85.6 KB

9F03F123717 added to the database and registry
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

FEP Registries: Black Magic & Crimson Cat / Cobra / Dominator / G.T.350 / LTD LX/Police & Marquis LTS / M81 / Pace Car / Predator / Saleen / Turbo GT & Turbo RS / Twister II

Wanted (Dead or Alive): VINs, door tags, buck tags, build sheets, window stickers, owner cards, transmission tags, axle tags

Would my Cobra be a Cobra Alternate?

Black paint, black interior, and green molding stripes and graphics would make it an Alternate. You could get a Marti report to confirm.
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

It does have all of the above, black with all black interior. The hood decals are long gone but the lime green pinstripes in the side molding are still there. I will do a Marti report. Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by FoxChassis View Post
    Black paint, black interior, and green molding stripes and graphics would make it an Alternate. You could get a Marti report to confirm.

'Cobra Hood Grapchics' was optional (it had to be specifically ordered to get it) with the Cobra Package in all three years so it may have not ever had one. Marti report would tell you if it that option was chosen.
    Last edited by FoxChassis; 08-14-2020 at 12:44 PM.
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

I got my Marti report back. Black on black with green graphics and a green hood graphic. I guess I have a Cobra Alternate with a rear wiper.[reflist][/reflist]

Yes, since it's a 1979 Cobra with Black paint and "Green Exterior Accents" it's an Alternate
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

Here is the door tag on my '81 Cobra work in progress.Name:  Cobra9_2.jpg
Views: 93
Size:  383.0 KB

BF211191 added

What options does this Cobra have? http://foxchassis.com/fep/registry/c...ions/1981.html

Backlite Louvers
    Cobra Hood Graphics
    Console
    Electric Rear Window Defroster
    Engine Block Immersion Heater
    Fingertip Speed Control (cruise control)
    Four-Way Manual Driver's Seat
    Front Floor Mats
    Front License Plate Bracket
    Interior Accent Group (extra sound deadening materials, visor vanity mirror, and color-keyed deluxe seat belts)
    Interval Windshield Wipers
    Leather Wrapped Sport Steering Wheel
    Light Group (engine compartment light, glove box light, ashtray light, and hatchback light switch)
    Lower Bodyside Protection (vinyl sealer applied to rear of front fenders, rocker panels, quarter panels above rocker panels, rear of quarter panels, and lower door areas)
    Mud and Stone Deflectors (mud flaps)
    Power Locks
    Protection Group (door edge guards, front carpet floor mats, and license plate frames)
    Rear Window Wiper/Washer
    Tilt Steering Wheel
    Tinted Windshield only or Tinted Glass (Complete)
    Last edited by FoxChassis; 02-27-2021 at 06:41 AM.
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456