Close

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 1037
Size:  46.7 KBName:  image.jpg
Views: 1021
Size:  31.5 KB
    Here are pics of the buck tag and door. Car has 137k some miles I dunno how many owners. Doesn't have either of the plaques a disgruntled previous owner peeled them off is what I was told. Something about the wife getting the car in a divorce. Car has a/c,manual windows and locks

I have vin 1FABP27M9EF180534 . Canadian 5.0 -5 speed convertible. Build date showing on the invoice is the week of March 29th . A total of 245 cars were produced for the Canadian market. Based on the U.S ratio of hatchbacks to convertibles of aprox. 4 to 1 that puts total Canadian convertible production at around 62 units.
    I am the original owner, and have the owners warranty ID card, factory invoice, and dealer invoice. The car is all original other than the stereo and rims. I have those items put away as Metric TRX tires are a pretty rare find. 49976 kms or 30000 miles currently on the odometer.
    If you want any other info. just ask.
    Brad

DWest: EF171249 added to database and registry. Is it possible for you to tell me all four digits in the upper right corner of the buck tag? (00__?) Does the car have cruise control? Is there a number in the lower right corner of the buck tag? Does it have an other options beside A/C as show on this page: http://foxchassis.com/fep/registry/gt350/options.html

Brad: Can you post a pic of the door tag, buck tag, owner card and tag, and invoices? Where did you get the number of 245 cars/62 convertibles sold in Canada?
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

FEP Registries: Black Magic & Crimson Cat / Cobra / Dominator / G.T.350 / LTD LX/Police & Marquis LTS / M81 / Pace Car / Predator / Saleen / Turbo GT & Turbo RS / Twister II

Wanted (Dead or Alive): VINs, door tags, buck tags, build sheets, window stickers, owner cards, transmission tags, axle tags

I got the production numbers from another website/group I belonged to. www.mustanggt.org/gtnumber.htm Its a registry for 82 to 93 Mustang GT's. Shows the build figures by model/body type for the Anniversary model. I never could get a breakdown for the Canadian production beyond 245 units, so am guessing based on US production ration of hardtops to converts.

I will have to go look for my buck tag, but can post the factory build sheet, invoice door tag and owners card on Monday. My car is no A/C , cruise or premium sound. Has everything else. Never got the dash plate as it wasn't reported sold to Ford Motor Company within the time period allowed. I do have the Horseshoe emblem still brand new, never stuck on the dash. Talk to ya Monday.............Brad

Name:  MUSTANG PICS 058.jpg
Views: 984
Size:  84.2 KBName:  MUSTANG PICS 061.jpg
Views: 986
Size:  130.1 KBI got the production numbers from another website/group I belonged to. www.mustanggt.org/gtnumber.htm Its a registry for 82 to 93 Mustang GT's. Shows the build figures by model/body type for the Anniversary model. I never could get a breakdown for the Canadian production beyond 245 units, so am guessing based on US production ratio of hardtops to converts.

I will have to go look for my buck tag, but can post the factory build sheet, invoice door tag and owners card on Monday. My car is no A/C , cruise or premium sound. Has everything else. Never got the dash plate as it wasn't reported sold to Ford Motor Company within the time period allowed. I do have the Horseshoe emblem still brand new, never stuck on the dash. Talk to ya Monday.............Brad

Quote Originally Posted by FoxChassis View Post
    Here are all of the G.T.350s that I have in the database:

http://foxchassis.com/fep/registry/gt350/

Will update it as more VINs and info come in. Please add new entries and fill in what is already there. Thanks.
    I gave an 84 GT 350 convertible 5.0 TBI, automatic, power windows and door locks, am/fm cassette but no A/C. VIN number is 1fabp27m5ef181454. I have the original 20th Anniversary dash emblem but I do not have the original owners plaque. Any idea how I would determine my production number in case I ever find a reproduction dash plaque?

Hi Brad

I also have a Canadian convertible GT350. Do you know if there are any differences between the US and Canadian GT350s? Also, while I do have the original 20th anniversary horseshoe emblem I never did get the original dash plaque with owners name and production number. Do you know how I would find my production sequence number, in case I ever come across a reproduction dash plaque? Thanks.

Brad: 180534 added to database and registry. Looking forward to see all of the docs you have. You say it has all of these items:

AM/FM stereo cassette
    engine block immersion heater
    factory front floor mats
    front license plate bracket
    interval windshield wipers (twist knob on end of control stalk for timed delay, in addition to normal off/low/high)
    light/convenience group (light under hood, in glove box, in front ashtray, in trunk, headlamp on buzzer, and remote fuel door release)
    lower bodyside protection (rough textured paint on lower fenders/doors/quarters between front and rear wheels)
    power locks
    power windows
    tilt steering wheel
    tinted glass
    TRX wheels and tires
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

FEP Registries: Black Magic & Crimson Cat / Cobra / Dominator / G.T.350 / LTD LX/Police & Marquis LTS / M81 / Pace Car / Predator / Saleen / Turbo GT & Turbo RS / Twister II

Wanted (Dead or Alive): VINs, door tags, buck tags, build sheets, window stickers, owner cards, transmission tags, axle tags

Rusty: 181454 added to database and registry. Can you post pics of the door tag and buck tag? How many miles/kilometers on the odometer? Other than cassette, PL, and PW, does it have any other options from this list? ... http://foxchassis.com/fep/registry/gt350/options.html

California emissions or high altitude emissions
    cruise control
    factory front floor mats
    interval windshield wipers (twist knob on end of control stalk for timed delay, in addition to normal off/low/high)
    light/convenience group (light under hood, in glove box, in front ashtray, in trunk, headlamp on buzzer, and remote fuel door release)
    lower bodyside protection (rough textured paint on lower fenders/doors/quarters between front and rear wheels)
    premium sound system
    tilt steering wheel
    TRX wheels and tires
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

Here are the documents I have. To Rusty , you can't get the original plaque anymore. The company producing them went out of business back in the 90's. I have seen some used plaques on ebay and heard of reproductions but there is no way I know of in determining what your actual production number is. Ford produced the 20th cars at the same time as all the other Mustangs. There wasn't sequential serial numbers, that's why there are huge gaps in vins on the registries. As for the Canadian cars, the only significant difference I am aware of is the speedometer, ours show Kilometers and Miles.Name:  IMG_1440.JPG
Views: 964
Size:  78.8 KBName:  IMG_1441.JPG
Views: 967
Size:  98.8 KBName:  IMG_1443.JPG
Views: 965
Size:  130.5 KBName:  IMG_1444.JPG
Views: 960
Size:  95.0 KB

A minor thing but the "option list" you posted refers to "lower bodyside protection", I believe that is actually the unique bodyside protection mouldings that only the 20th anniversary models had. The regular Mustangs had a 4 inch wide black bodyside moulding on the doors and fenders, while ours of course had the narrow red mouldings ( wider white with red stripe at the front and rear fenders). The spray on coating refered to could not be applied to our cars due to the lower GT-350 stripe location.
    Regards, Brad

Lower Bodyside Protection is a rough textured coating applied below the beltline molding, between the wheel wells. It would be indicated by code "RA" on your main buck tag and "ROAD ABRASION" on a second buck tag.

EDIT: Neither your invoice nor your build sheet indicate your G.T.350 was ordered with Lower Bodyside Protection.
    Last edited by FoxChassis; 08-24-2015 at 03:41 PM.
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

Rusty: 181454 added to database and registry. Can you post pics of the door tag and buck tag? How many miles/kilometers on the odometer? Other than cassette, PL, and PW, does it have any other options from this list? ... http://foxchassis.com/fep/registry/gt350/options.html

California emissions or high altitude emissions
    cruise control
    factory front floor mats
    premium sound system
    tilt steering wheel
    TRX wheels and tires

I will see if I can get some pictures of the door tag. It is actually in the body shop right now, and then going over for engine work immediately thereafter but I will see if I can squeeze in to get some pictures. As for options, I have cruise control, block heater, factory floor mats, front license plate bracket, interval windshield wiper, and tilt steering wheel. I do not have the TRX wheels or air conditioning. My mileage or km in this case, is about 280,000. I will have to get you the exact number when I go get those pictures.

Just trying to understand the meaning of the Vin number as it equates to the production numbers. If I understand everything properly, there were only 246 GT350s sent to Canada. Of these, 62 were convertibles. Mine is one of those. I also understand that there were 16 convertibles made for Ford executives i.e. VIP cars. These were mostly converitbles with automatic transmissions, and vin number in the 18 xxxx + range. My car is a convertible with an automatic transmission and VIN #1fabp27m5ef181454. Is there any chance that I have a VIP car?

According to the documents posted by BradsMustang above, the printout from the old G.T.350 website said there were 245 built for Canada. I do not know how accurate that number is. I do not recall ever seeing documentation that said 62 convertibles were built for Canada.

I don't have an answer for you on "VIP" convertibles, but there were likely quite a few 'regular' 5.0L/AOD convertibles made with an 18xxxx VIN.
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

Rusty, the VIP cars were supposedly produced in May towards the end of the Mustang model run. In the past Ford only produced VIP cars for the American market so I would be surprised if you have a "Canadian VIP " car? As for how many actual convertibles came to Canada of the 245, its anyone's guess as FoxChassis above says, there has never been a model breakdown for Canadian GT350's. If you wanted to make an educated guess based on the U.S. build ratio of 1361 converts of a 5000 total U.S. build, then that's 27% , so aprox. 66 of the 245 would be convertibles. Again that's an educated guess.
    If May is in fact correct for when the VIP cars were produced, then your vin would indicate you do not have a VIP car as your car was built in March I believe?.
    What we need is someone with an actual VIP car to provide info. on what made it a VIP car, the production date and the vin.
    Brad

Quote Originally Posted by BradsMustang View Post
    Rusty, the VIP cars were supposedly produced in May towards the end of the Mustang model run. In the past Ford only produced VIP cars for the American market so I would be surprised if you have a "Canadian VIP " car? As for how many actual convertibles came to Canada of the 245, its anyone's guess as FoxChassis above says, there has never been a model breakdown for Canadian GT350's. If you wanted to make an educated guess based on the U.S. build ratio of 1361 converts of a 5000 total U.S. build, then that's 27% , so aprox. 66 of the 245 would be convertibles. Again that's an educated guess.
    If May is in fact correct for when the VIP cars were produced, then your vin would indicate you do not have a VIP car as your car was built in March I believe?.
    What we need is someone with an actual VIP car to provide info. on what made it a VIP car, the production date and the vin.
    Brad
    Thanks for the insight, you guys are a great resource.

Up date on #177117, currently running and driving. Driver quality/restoration project at this time. Here are some pics of door, buck and build sheet.Name:  image.jpg
Views: 956
Size:  150.3 KBName:  image.jpg
Views: 947
Size:  64.8 KBName:  image.jpg
Views: 943
Size:  81.5 KBName:  image.jpg
Views: 966
Size:  135.0 KB

Default update on 170844

this gt350 is already in the registry but i can give an update. it is mine now, it also has a new black top as of today. stock as can be. i had to replace the original muffler and tail pipe. so sad. otherwise no mods. 79k on it now. and i also have the original trx wheels but i dont think i will be buying tires for those any day soon.... Name:  1gt350.jpg
Views: 901
Size:  137.4 KBName:  2gt350.jpg
Views: 892
Size:  82.9 KBName:  3gt350.jpg
Views: 895
Size:  112.9 KBName:  4gt350.jpg
Views: 897
Size:  112.2 KBName:  5gt350.jpg
Views: 889
Size:  103.8 KB
    Last edited by emerygt350; 10-15-2015 at 08:44 PM.

and the last bitName:  6gt350.jpg
Views: 889
Size:  84.0 KB

i also have every receipt and window sticker from the day the car was sold up to today. quite a folder.

177117 updated in database and registry
    170844 updated in database and registry

Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

Quote Originally Posted by emerygt350 View Post
    i also have every receipt and window sticker from the day the car was sold up to today. quite a folder.
    Can you post the window sticker? Do you have an owner card, build sheet, or a Marti report or Eminger invoice?
    Last edited by FoxChassis; 10-16-2015 at 09:04 AM.
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

Can you post the window sticker? Do you have an owner card, build sheet, or a Marti report or Eminger invoice?
    Yes to all of that. I will try to get images this weekend.

slickwilson: it that tattered build sheet a duplicate for EF177117 or is it for a different VIN?
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast