Close

Default March Ride of the Month Nominations Now Open!

Its that time of the month once again to get another Ride of the Month going. You can view the February Ride of the Month article here.

Last month ended up being an all SVO group which is very cool and we have a great example as the winner. This month the nominations are wide open. If the members choose we can nominate a group of same style, year, etc. vehicles or we can mix it up. Remember that any vehicles nominated last month are not eligible to be nominated again this month, but otherwise everything is wide open, so let's get the nominations going!

Make sure you READ and UNDERSTAND each and EVERY rule before making your nomination.
    Nominations made that do not meet all criteria will not be valid. Nominations revised to rule standards will be accepted so long as corrections are made before the maximum of 5 valid nominations have been met, or before the fifth day of nominations being open (nominations will close regardless after 5 days). The first 5 valid nominations will go forward for voting. So long as THREE valid nominations are made by the end of the fifth day, the ROTM will happen.

A little common sense, consideration and forethought will go a long way in keeping this feature simple, fun and interesting.

There are so many different kinds of cars covered by this site that it would be appreciated if our polls reflected this. If someone's already nominated a red 85 GT, maybe hold off on your desire to nominate yet another red 85 GT for a while. Yes, they're great, and yes, there are a zillion of them, and yes, I'm someone who has one of the zillion, so I figured this was a nice, safe example. People aren't going to be able to maintain the same level of enthusiasm if they see what appears to be the same kinds of cars coming up month after month after month.

Cars don't have to be "show-quality" and they certainly don't need to be showroom stock. They just need to follow the tenets of the site.

We're going to want to do a write-up about the winning car, so it'd be nice if the owner would be able to be contacted for an interview of sorts by email or PM.

1. Nominated cars must be owned by active members. Please don't dig up a car from a 3 year old post and nominate it only for us to find that the car has been sold and the owner no longer visits.
    2. Members can put their own car forward in the nomination thread. However, if each month is nothing but people nominating their own cars, this is likely to be changed. We really want this to be a way for the whole community to recognize the work of others.
    3. The following MUST be included in the nomination:

• 3 to 4 pictures. No links to pics, no telling someone where to find pics, they must be in the post.
      • The owner's FEP username, the year of the car and trim level/model.

4. Cars can't be nominated two months in a row. They can be nominated later on, like the month after or any other month where they were not included in the previous month's nominations.
    5. Only one nomination per site member. Made a nomination this month? Great, sit back and see what other members nominate. You can try again next month with a different car.
    6. Owners ARE allowed to adjust the pictures to be included in the poll. In the interest of timeliness, this must be done within 48 hours of the 5th and final nomination being made (or the 5th day of nominations being open). The owner may not post more than 4 pictures. If this is done, the first four the owner posts will be the ones to be voted on. Images cannot be changed after the allotted 48 hour time period.
    7. DO NOT get uptight about this. It's a feature for fun, there is no fame nor fortune to be found in it.

These rules may be revised at any time at the discretion of Site Staff.
    ​Trey

"I Don't build it hoping for your approval! I built it because it meets mine!"

"I've spent most of my money on Mustangs, racing, and women... the rest I just wasted."

Mustangs Past: Too many to remember!
    Current Mustangs:
    1969 Mach 1
    1979 Pace Car now 5.0/5 speed
    1982 GT Stalled RestoModification
    1984 SVO Still Waiting Restoration
    1986 GT Under going Wide Body Conversion Currently

Current Capris:
    1981 Capri Roller
    1981 Capri Black Magic Roller Basket Case
    1982 Capri RS 5.0/4spd T-top Full Restoration Stalled in TX
    1984 Capri RS T-top Roller
    1983-84 Gloy Racing Trans Am/IMSA Body Parts

3 Days in and not a single nomination!

I know its Super Bowl Weekend, but come on guys and gals! Let's get some vehicles nominated or else we will lose the Ride of the Month for March!
    ​Trey

"I've spent most of my money on Mustangs, racing, and women... the rest I just wasted."

Current Mustangs:
    1969 Mach 1

Current Capris:
    1981 Capri Roller

Only because I cant remember the last Tbird I seen in the voting Ill just throw my own in for the hell of it.

Delete this if its not cool me adding my own....

http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...83-Tbird-build
    Last edited by deathbypsi; 02-07-2017 at 10:23 AM.
    Brian R. of Michigan
    83 TBird 5.0
    88 Ranger 2.3t

Members can put their own car forward in the nomination thread. However, if each month is nothing but people nominating their own cars, this is likely to be changed. We really want this to be a way for the whole community to recognize the work of others.
    I'd like to nominate my 84 LX convertible, but in the name of the PO who built the car. His name was George Marshall, and he passed in July of 2012. He obviously , like many of us here, passionately loved this car. It was a labor of love that he did himself in his garage, except for paint. They bought the car in 1996 and he started the restoration and mods in 2004. Between then and now it only had roughly 2500 miles on it. After his passing his wife continued to sporadically drive the car, and could not bear to part with it. So as we all know time moves on and the car began to sit, and finally would not start. She decided it needed to be moved on and wanted it to go to a good home. After some discussion she decided I could give it a good home and I was on my way. I have since got the car running and back in road worthy shape. I have my own plans for the car so at some point maybe it will get nominated in my name by someone else, but currently I can take no credit for the car, other then a great Craigslist find . I'd like to thank George and his wife for building the car and letting it come my way.

Engine:
    347 Stroker , Forged rods and pistons, windage tray, SVO aluminum heads, E303 cam, Scorpion RR arms, Mac Shorty headers, OR h-pipe, Stealth intake , Summit 650 carb, recurved distributor

Trans:
    AOD with SVO gearset (?) Lentech valve body, 2600 stall

Rear:
    8.8 with 3.55 gears.

Body:
    Full length rocker panel reinforcements, strut tower braces and K member brace, Brakes upgraded to later 4 lugs, 89 LX tail lights

Interior :
    New seats, stereo with amp under seat, center cup holder, and dimming rearview mirror with temp and direction, I love this,

Last edited by 4eyedfoxdriver; 02-05-2017 at 10:51 AM.
    83 Mustang GT , A5 5 speed, 31 spline Cobra rear, LMR TRX, 302 11r 190 heads, Buddy Rawls custom cam

86 Capri , 342 stroker , AFR 185 heads, Track Heat intake, 3.73 gears

I'd like to nominate BKoons85GT and his killer 85GT T-top

I would like to put forward escogt's 85 Mustang GT

Edit: and if I knew how to get the bigger photos in here, but you can look in his album
    People who say it cannot be done should not get in the way of the people doing it!

1979 Mustang 2.8V6
    2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.7 limited

Quote Originally Posted by wilsst View Post

Edit: and if I knew how to get the bigger photos in here, but you can look in his album
    I believe Esco won a ROTM already.

Quote Originally Posted by deathbypsi View Post
    Only because I cant remember the last Tbird I seen in the voting Ill just throw my own in for the hell of it.

Delete this if its not cool me adding my own....

See Rule #2 . . . Perfectly fine to do so. Thanks!
    ​Trey

Current Mustangs:
    1969 Mach 1

Current Capris:
    1981 Capri Roller

Please see rule #3. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by tORMENtOR View Post
    I believe Esco won a ROTM already.
    Nothing states a past winner can't be nominated again, although said nomination must meet the rules. Thanks!
    ​Trey

Current Mustangs:
    1969 Mach 1

Current Capris:
    1981 Capri Roller

Thanks for the nomination tORMENtOR
    Last edited by bkoons85gt; 02-05-2017 at 08:55 PM.
    ~Bryan

1985 Mustang GT w/ T-Tops, Original Paint, 160,XXX miles
    Mods: 600cfm Carb, Underdrive Pulleys, Subframe Connectors, 4pt G-Load Brace, MM Strut Tower brace, 8.8 rear w/ 3.55 gears & LCA's

Pics from production of "The Saleen Book"
    http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...&id=1027847075

http://mustangworld.com/ourpics/News/select1271.htm

We have 3 solid nominations so this month can move forward.

We have less than 24 hours left in the nomination process so if there are any others that want to fill out the field, please do so ASAP.

Thanks!
    ​Trey

Current Mustangs:
    1969 Mach 1

Current Capris:
    1981 Capri Roller

ah my bad! Rule 3 my undoing !! It is a nice car though not surprised it has been a previous winner.
    People who say it cannot be done should not get in the way of the people doing it!

1979 Mustang 2.8V6
    2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.7 limited

ah my bad! Rule 3 my undoing !! It is a nice car though not surprised it has been a previous winner.
    Esco's GT is a very nice ride.

Feel free to nominate another vehicle if you want. Or you can nominate Esco's but we need the photos.
    ​Trey

Current Mustangs:
    1969 Mach 1

Current Capris:
    1981 Capri Roller

I'll throw one more out here, tORMENtOR's 84 GT Turbo:

1979 Indy Pace Car Mustang 302 / 5spd
    1982 Mustang GT T-Top 302 / 4spd
    1986 SVO Mustang - 1C

Alright we have 4 nominations this month so we will move forward with the voting poll. I hope to have that posted later this evening.

Thanks once again to all those that nominated and good luck to all the participants!

Thanks!
    ​Trey

Current Mustangs:
    1969 Mach 1

Current Capris:
    1981 Capri Roller