Close

Default 1984 Mustang 5.0 LX Convertible value

Hello,

I plan on seeing an '84 convertible tomorrow and would appreciate any pointers on what to look for and if the price ($1800) is reasonable. I've linked to the ad and copied it below. Mileage is showing 71500. Really enjoyed growing up with an '89 5.0 LX hatchback and am hoping to find my own fox body now.

http://atlanta.craigslist.org/atl/cto/4193237318.html (pictures in ad)

"1984 mustang convertible for sale. Car runs strong with a good 5.0 motor and 5 speed transmission. Has a new battery, water pump, hoses, spark plug wires and serpentine belt. Smog pump has been by passed. Just robs horsepower anyhow. Top is in good shape. Body is in pretty good shape but does have a couple small rust holes. Interior is in decent shape. You can see the split in the seat on drivers side but not bad. Tires are decent and sitting on black painted pony's. Fun car to drive. Asking $1800.00"

Thanks!

It looks fairly decent. I noticed the left part of the trunk must have rust. You'll really need to look that thing over really good to see what rust it has. Just from appearance it looks like a $1500 car. You can really put a price on it until you physically look at it and see how it runs and drives.
    Mike

84 Mustang GT Turbo Vert
    86 Mustang GT T-Top
    95 Mustang GT Vert
    05 Mustang GT