Close

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

That's a great car...and my dream Mustang (a highland green fastback w/ a 4-speed). Thanks for the pics, that's an amazing Mustang.
    Cheers!

Mike (TopGear85)

Have:
    85 Saleen #73-GT,2R,TuTone,Cruise,Pos,5spd,Charcoal
    ***August 2015 ROTM Winner!***

Had:
    79PC-San Jose #2890
    86GT-9L,TuTone,5spd,T-Tops,Sand Beige
    86GT-9L,TuTone,5spd,T-Tops,Charcoal
    90LX-Oxford Wht,5spd,Sunroof,5.0 Hatchback
    90GT-Oxford Wht,5spd

Picked up Dominator parts from a guy who converted a Dominator shell into a drag car. FMS Extra Performance Ignition with Rev Control and functional front facing scooped hood with drilled air cleaner.

Those are some pretty rare parts...nice score (and I'm glad they are going to a real Dominator).
    Cheers!

Mike (TopGear85)

Have:

Had:
    79PC-San Jose #2890
    90GT-Oxford Wht,5spd

Wow jim that bullit copy is one bad boy. Love it. You are a mustang rare parts magnet it appears. All looks great. Love these rare cars. Maybe one day i can help round up cool cars for the peeps to enjoy as well. I love four eyed freaks.
    HARVESTER OF EYES

DAMN IT! LET THE RABBITS WEAR GLASSES, SAID THE CRIES OF THE CARROT.
    YOU SHOULD NEVER SMOKE IN PAJAMAS, YOU COULD CATCH ON FIRE AND BURN YOUR FACE.

Nice Score! Looking forward to the progress on this project!
    Steve
    "Taillights in Your Face Jack? You've just been Dominated!"
    # Link to Facebook Dominator Mustang Fans # # Link to Facebook Predator Mustang Fans #
    # Link to Facebook Twister Mustang Fans #
    Current Stangs: Stangless
    Previously owned:
    84 Black GT, 85 Black T-Top Dominator GT # Link to Restoration Thread # 85 Dominator GT RIP 1995, 85 Predator GT, 83 Dominator GT, 82 Mustang GT

Worked for a while and got the dash hull removed. What a pain that is! Really didn't enjoy it. The car is getting really close to having the body work done and I'm very excited. Dad and I want it to be done right so, we want someone who is experienced with these cars to do it.

Still alive, but the Dominator is on life support. It's tucked into the back of our shop waiting for body work. Turns out, when you're 17 with no job, a project car is expensive! Combined with the fact that school is kicking my butt this year and I bought another semi-project car (1969 Ranchero 500), I've neglected the Dominator. I am still fully committed to the car, so no worries there. I'm applying for an internship program that my technical school offers that will have me working in a dealership under a mentor and getting paid to do so. Those funds will most likely be for the Dominator. On the way back from buying my Ranchero, we happened upon a set of TRX wheels & tires for sale in the KC area. Well, they happened to be for sale by dlgourn. I saw first hand how quality his work is and how bad ass his car are. My jaw hit the floor looking at his black Predator. At some point or another, I hope to turn the Dominator over to him for some work.

It's good to hear from you and that the Dominator project isn't being abandoned. We know how expensive it is to restore a car even if you are working full time and not going to school. When I was in high school I had an 86GT that I had big plans for (heads, intake, paint, etc), but all I managed (in 2 years) was a set of Pony wheels and tires and a small stereo system. Unfortunately I got rid of that car before I was able to do all the things I wanted to it. I wasn't even restoring it, I just wanted to hop it up a little, but my part time job (at Subway) didn't quite cut it. The fact that you have it tucked away and are being patient with the resto shows your maturity. In time you will be able to afford everything you want to do and you won't be strapped for cash in the process. Just keep doing what you're doing and (most importantly) hang onto that car.

Trust me, you will be happy you did. Keep us posted if you are able to do anymore work to her and good luck!
    Cheers!

Mike (TopGear85)

Have:

Had:
    79PC-San Jose #2890
    90GT-Oxford Wht,5spd

I'd like to think that I've come a long way since I got this car in 2013. I didn't know anything about cars or service back then and I kind of regret tearing into it with so little knowledge. Good news is I am still committed to the car and have expanded my knowledge and abilities in regards to cars & service. I graduated high school this year and also got a certificate in automotive technology from a community college. This upcoming fall, I will be attending the University of Central Missouri for Automotive Technology Management. Apparently students are encouraged to bring their own vehicles to work on in college as project cars. Perfect opportunity for me to give the Dominator the attention it deserves. This time around I'll be patient and think about what I do before I make a mess again.

I think you are doing great, and using it in class, progress will be swift! And a bonus, getting credits for working and learning on your own project!

Win-Win!

Kudos to your Dad too!
    1968 mustang, 1986 mustang gt... One done, one still slow.

Some of you may recognize the background.

Look like dan's!!!

Fixing the collision damage was a major hurdle before much else could be done. Met with Dan at a car show and he agreed to take care of replacing the inner & outer wheelhouse, quarter panel for collision damage and the roof for rust issues. The results speak for themselves.

WOW. One day people will thank you for saving this one. Today most people would say you are nuts, LOL. But another one has been preserved. You (and Dan) are the man. I can't wait to see how it turns out
    Liberty once lost is lost forever.

John Adams
    July 7, 1775

Wow is right holy cow!!!!! Dan made quick work or that!!

Double post
    Last edited by 99GTMichael; 08-22-2016 at 08:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by STANGMAN116 View Post
    Wow is right holy cow!!!!! Dan made quick work or that!!
    He is very, very good at what he does. A true credit to the Foureye community.

Quote Originally Posted by homer302 View Post
    WOW. One day people will thank you for saving this one. Today most people would say you are nuts, LOL. But another one has been preserved. You (and Dan) are the man. I can't wait to see how it turns out
    I have looked at you car many times and thought to myself "this is what all Foxbodies should look like". Thanks for the kind words.

Sweet! He did make quick work of it! Looking forward to seeing this car returned to its glory!
    Steve
    "Taillights in Your Face Jack? You've just been Dominated!"
    # Link to Facebook Dominator Mustang Fans # # Link to Facebook Predator Mustang Fans #
    # Link to Facebook Twister Mustang Fans #
    Current Stangs: Stangless
    Previously owned:
    84 Black GT, 85 Black T-Top Dominator GT # Link to Restoration Thread # 85 Dominator GT RIP 1995, 85 Predator GT, 83 Dominator GT, 82 Mustang GT

Quote Originally Posted by bluesfannoz View Post
    Sweet! He did make quick work of it! Looking forward to seeing this car returned to its glory!
    +1 Amazing. My first thoughts when I saw the car w/o the sheet metal was Yikes! Nice to see it coming back together.

I know its an old thread, but any update. I really like the Dominators. My brother had a red 86 Dominator for awhile. He should have kept it.
    Mike

Now stang-less.

88 Cougar 5.0

Not much to speak of sadly. I have somewhat gotten more into vintage Fords in the time since starting this thread. I have two Ranchero projects that I need to finish in the mean time. Good news is that I am content on projects, nothing new is going to come up that will bump the Dominator down in the order... (unless someone will gift me a Torino Cobra ) That is not to say that I've abandoned the project however. Very attached to the car and will see it through someday. As I have said previously, I went nuts on the disassembly stage before I really knew much about mechanics... that's left the car in a sorry state. When I have a good amount of money to dedicate to the Dominator, I imagine progress will be swift. Unfortunately as a sophomore in college now, I am too short on money and too heavy on other projects to get going on the Dominator. Ideally I'll soon be a single college graduate and I can spend all my money on cars!

I realize this all sounds very pretentious, but please have faith!

Quote Originally Posted by 99GTMichael View Post
    Not much to speak of sadly. I have somewhat gotten more into vintage Fords in the time since starting this thread. I have two Ranchero projects that I need to finish in the mean time. Good news is that I am content on projects, nothing new is going to come up that will bump the Dominator down in the order... (unless someone will gift me a Torino Cobra ) That is not to say that I've abandoned the project however. Very attached to the car and will see it through someday. As I have said previously, I went nuts on the disassembly stage before I really knew much about mechanics... that's left the car in a sorry state. When I have a good amount of money to dedicate to the Dominator, I imagine progress will be swift. Unfortunately as a sophomore in college now, I am too short on money and too heavy on other projects to get going on the Dominator. Ideally I'll soon be a single college graduate and I can spend all my money on cars!

I realize this all sounds very pretentious, but please have faith!
    Sounds like Success by Association to me! Dan does great work, and your smart to know that 90% of the structure remains 100% intact.

You know what the DOM is, and how special it is.

As an X shell (unibody Coil over A arm) Ford fan, I sympathise. Love 'chero's.

Hang in there with it, don't rush now! Its in great hands.

PS. Show us the 500's some time, NAVAYCAT showed us his tudor GTHO Falcon replica....351 the World!

Dominators are awesome! And that shot with so much of the car gone now back with good metal is awesome - very well done! Might have been less work to make a convertible! Lol.

Stay dedicated and it will get there and the results will speak for themselves.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123