Close

Default 1983 Ford Mustang GLX 1983 Convertible 2-Door 3.8L $1550

Up for grabs is a 1983 Ford Mustang convertible. Exterior is white with red interior. This is the perfect weekend cruiser or a very good starting point for a street/ strip project. This car was a project I took on 6 years ago that included the following (note that "new" means less than 1,000 miles ago):
    Mechanical and drive train:
    New brakes,
    New shocks struts all four corners,
    Factory wheels covers
    Rebuilt engine and carburetor
    New transmission modulator
    New hoses
    New electric radiator fan conversion
    New alternator
    New master cylinder
    New AC delete
    New accessory drive belt
    New catalytic converter
    New filters (trans, fuel, oil, etc).
    Body and interior:
    New carpet inside
    New door panels
    Refurbished interior trim pieces
    New stereo
    New amplifier and speakers (4 speaker system).
    Added rear sway bar
    I used the car as a daily driver in order to asses it's characteristics and can say the following:
    The car passed CA smog check recently with flying colors. Also, there are no overheating or any other mechanical issues. The car runs cool, and the 3 speed C4 automatic trans shifts smoothly in all forward gears. This car had all power accessories and so it has power windows, power convertible top, power door locks. All of the dash lights are new and work. All exterior parking, rear, and head lamps work. I have the receipts to support all claims. This is a 100% California car and thus is rust free. Solid, no body damage, great riding car.
    Keeping in mind that this is a 30 year old vehicle and it will have blemishes here and there. Known issues are the following:
    The exhaust system is clamped together, solid, with new catalytic converter. I recommend having welded permanently.
    Minor oil leak from the back of the passenger side valve cover due to the fact that the previous owner used the wrong valve cover (used the plastic 1994 and up, instead of the steel 1983 to 1985 type), the transmission fluid pan has a minor leak around its periphery. Both are easy fixes. The passenger side window needs a window guide. The stereo has a low whine due to a bad ground.
    I'm posting this car on here because this is obviously a site for those folks that have an appreciation and understanding for the Fox platform. I REALLY want this car to go to a good home. I prefer a fellow Fox enthusiast take it rather than have someone, non appreciative of the Fox, to buy it, drive it till it pukes, then have it junked because it is "not worth fixing".
    The buyer will need to deposit $500 USD to secure car from other potential buyers. The balance can be paid via Paypal as well or in cash only, in person, within 7 days. This car is located in South gate CA, 90280. Buyer is responsible for pick or for making shipping arrangements as well as for signing DMV paperwork.
    I have plenty of pictures of this car in all states of repair. From the day I brought it home to the present day. I will gladly email any pics of any particular car part of car system. I have about 1,000 pictures total.
    I will answer all questions to the best of my knowledge being that I have very detailed knowledge of this car.
    Attached Images Attached Images      
    Last edited by 83glxdroptop; 11-07-2013 at 04:37 PM.

One more week.

FEP Super Member
    Blog Entries

I think I have some interior pieces for this car if anyone buys it. A rear seat, a door panel, ebrake, dash panels, console, a-pilar trim pieces and maybe visors. Good deal if picked up or all bought together. Some pics in my album.

omg if you were closer i would buy it just so i would have two one to trick out and one to keep oem! but if someone does buy it and you still have extra parts let me know i have tons of interior trim i need, and one piece of exterior trim i need.

That hood and bumper are not 83!
    10 second 66 coupe 408 W Sold!
    12 second 64 Falcon 302 SOLD!
    11 second 69 Falcon (sleeper) 275 Nitrous (Totaled)
    10 second 90 Mustang LX (Roots blower W/ Carb)
    11 second 71 Maverick 393 W Sold!
    In Highschool first "gear head in the 11's) 1966 Falcon 289, 456 gears and 275 hp worth of Nitrous...
    Current
    1983 Mustang GT Vert, tripple black, 100% restored but with many "Hidden" upgrades..........

n2omaverick you are correct. They are 1979 hood and front clip. I found it like that the previous owner found it like that. I am not sure when or why that was done. I cannot find evidence or history of a collision. I figure somewhere down the line someone decided to go with a swap. Interesting considering most front end swaps where from Four Eye to Aero Nose. Knight Rain, what's 3000 miles? Have it trucked to the sunshine state!

Actually looks cool! No worries, the front bumper on my 83 is a 84.5 gt w/ marchals.....
    10 second 66 coupe 408 W Sold!
    12 second 64 Falcon 302 SOLD!
    11 second 69 Falcon (sleeper) 275 Nitrous (Totaled)
    10 second 90 Mustang LX (Roots blower W/ Carb)
    11 second 71 Maverick 393 W Sold!
    In Highschool first "gear head in the 11's) 1966 Falcon 289, 456 gears and 275 hp worth of Nitrous...
    Current
    1983 Mustang GT Vert, tripple black, 100% restored but with many "Hidden" upgrades..........

op, 3000 miles is a friggin long ways thats what it is haha, that said its almost worth it to me, and my girl cant drive a stick so auto would be a good thing for her.... but alas she would leave me if i bought another one right now, i am curious what it would cost to ship it though.

Ballpark, about $475. Not too bad for a rust free California car, complete, ready to drive.

Last call. Auction ends in 3 days. Good price for the buyer so far!!!!!!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/331068655212...84.m1555.l2649

That's dirt cheep...
    Current rides:
    89 LX 5.0, 5 -spd..the Lemon
    86 RS Capri 5.0 Auto...
    86 LX Colorado SSP 5.0 5-spd (Sadly Sold)
    85.5 SVO, Finally Got Boost
    83 RS Capri 5.0, 5-spd (another sadly sold)

Sold! Thank you to those that inquired about the car. looks like it is headed for a new life in the Gran Canyon state.