Close

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

That's what I was hoping to hear. The hose has probably hardened over the years of neglect this car has seen. Is there an opening in the floor somewhere for the hose to exit? Or does it just stop at the bottom of the A-pillar? I don't want the runoff running into the passenger compartment.
    Craig "IDMooseMan" Peters
    1979 Mustang Ghia Notchback, 2.3L, Holley 5200, 4-spd, 3.08:1 7.5" diff, A/C, PS, PB, AM/FM/8-Track, Sunroof, Rear Defroster
    USAF SSgt 63170 1983 - 1992; Co-Founder, Vice President, Omega Delta Sigma, ID-A 2/2015
    To those that serve and have served, "Thank You", to those that haven't, "You're Welcome"
    2.3L Horsepower Potential Thread
    Buyer/Seller Experience Link
    Build Thread
    The Four-Eyed Game - 2018 Version

It doesnt go through the floor it travels down the A pillar then down between the channel that the door hinges attach to and it drains right outside the car underneath it. If you get under the car you could see the tube. My tube is not 100% rubber, its like s stiffer plastic like rubber, or at least its brittle like plastic now. maybe I will do a write up and address that issue sooner than later.

That would be great if you did that, with pictures, if possible. I'm not ready to work on the interior yet. I may try it once the weather warms up enough to stay outside without losing the feeling in my fingers and toes.
    Craig "IDMooseMan" Peters
    1979 Mustang Ghia Notchback, 2.3L, Holley 5200, 4-spd, 3.08:1 7.5" diff, A/C, PS, PB, AM/FM/8-Track, Sunroof, Rear Defroster
    USAF SSgt 63170 1983 - 1992; Co-Founder, Vice President, Omega Delta Sigma, ID-A 2/2015
    To those that serve and have served, "Thank You", to those that haven't, "You're Welcome"
    2.3L Horsepower Potential Thread
    Buyer/Seller Experience Link
    Build Thread
    The Four-Eyed Game - 2018 Version

Someone on another forum said I would be better to use a waterproof filler as the first coat after the welding as pinholes will occur and it will help with preventing rust. I grinded all the body filler off and bought some waterproof filler and started with that.

I will let it dry overnight and start to shape and then use the other filler where needed.

I had ordered a set of Durablocks from Amazon and they are a huge help in sanding. I have been sanding theis rear lip and still cant get it to where I would like.\

I did some sanding and this is where I was at last night, I just sprayed the primer on to make it easier to see the body lines

I did more sanding today and it still isnt to my liking

Any advice on how to get this wheel lip to look better would be appreciated.

I have been trying to find used front fenders but they all have the rusted tab at the bottom so I decided to make a new tab and weld it on to the inner support.

I also picked up a set of 95 spindles to start my 5 lug Cobra upgrade.

The fender lip just takes practice and patience....

Or you can bring the car to my house
    1979 Indy Pace Car Mustang 302 / 5spd
    1982 Mustang GT T-Top 302 / 4spd
    1986 SVO Mustang - 1C

Thanks Jt.... But you are also more than welcome to come to my place
    I think I need to grind it down some more. I went back through all my pictures and I think I didnt grind down enough initially that is why the wheel arch is too wide.

That's odd with the sunroof drain hose - on an 84 they run straight to the A pillar without all that other foolishness. Do yourself a favor while you are in there and take the plastic sunroof hinge pockets out and reseal them to the body. That is a common source of leakage that is easily fixed with the headliner out but not so much later when it's installed.
    1984 Mustang GT owned since 1991 (first car). Mercury Mountaineer GT-40P engine, some suspension mods, currently undergoing a five lug SN95 brake upgrade and more suspension mods. Some minor body and interior mods have been done as well.

2004 GT convertible, 2001 Taurus LX, 1994 F150, 1950 F-1 Ford Pickup

New User

I did the same thing by getting rid of the 90 and ran a copper line down the A piller at the bottom i drilled a hole allowing the copper line out of A piller, and secured it behind the kick panel
    This ain't the mainland!
    ----------------------
    1979 PACE CAR "A Little Touch of Madness"
    1986 COBRA GT (saddly missed)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234