Close

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: He is back!

Neither here nor there

Careful what road you guys go down, stick to facts on the car and important information on the seller please.

BUT....now it makes sense about this post which must be the seller going to all the forums to try to bring intererst to the car before it was on the market.

What a douchenozzle

[h=Rarest 1979 Mustang cobra Vin#9f03f110024]3[/h]

At least his dad is alive in this one. Poor guy had been killed off more times than Kenny from South Park. Once again, the car he has for sale is beautiful (look at that interior) but with all the lies he has spun, nobody is going to buy from him.
    Cheers!

Mike (TopGear85)

Have:
    85 Saleen #73-GT,2R,TuTone,Cruise,Pos,5spd,Charcoal
    ***August 2015 ROTM Winner!***

Had:
    79PC-San Jose #2890
    86GT-9L,TuTone,5spd,T-Tops,Sand Beige
    86GT-9L,TuTone,5spd,T-Tops,Charcoal
    90LX-Oxford Wht,5spd,Sunroof,5.0 Hatchback
    90GT-Oxford Wht,5spd

ebay (08/12 Howell, MI asking $10,500) > CL (09/13 Howell, MI asking $6800) > ebay (10/13 St Louis, MO asking $21,300); SVO spoiler, 4V/T-5, Capri tails, A/C, cruise

Last edited by FoxChassis; 10-20-2013 at 09:56 AM.

FEP Supporter

Thumbs down

"The car was appraised 6 years ago at 47,000 dollars ...."

Me personally, I find that hard to believe. I'm surprised also at the jump that Nada has between the "average" and "high" retail prices.

I hadn't heard of Nada before so I got curious for my cars "value" and input them. According to them my '82 GT is not worth much so I checked out this Cobra myself. I didn't quite get the numbers they posted in their picture (a $20k difference!). Maybe I didn't do it right to get favorable numbers.

Name:  $T2eC16h,!yQFIi(fuotjBSY286Jk1Q~~60_57.jpg
Views: 99
Size:  89.1 KBName:  Untitled.jpg
Views: 105
Size:  104.9 KB

For such a great car, I would have expected the plastic moldings and speaker grilles to fit better than what they are.

Name:  $T2eC16F,!)0FI,,ue!zwBSY28(ynhg~~60_57.jpg
Views: 136
Size:  93.7 KB

Surely they would think that people would question the spoiler and tail lights as obvious changes to the car as well, yet there is no mention about that in the ad. And why has it been repainted already??

As much as I would love a Cobra and as nice as it looks I wouldn't bite.

I just tried the nada classic car value checker and I did receive te same info as the seller. $26,040 top dollar amount.
    Cheers!

Mike (TopGear85)

Have:

Had:
    79PC-San Jose #2890
    90GT-Oxford Wht,5spd

I am getting the same numbers that 82GTforMe is getting.

http://www.nadaguides.com/Classic-Ca...g/3-Door-Sedan
    Last edited by FoxChassis; 10-20-2013 at 11:00 AM.
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

FEP Registries: Black Magic & Crimson Cat / Cobra / Dominator / G.T.350 / LTD LX/Police & Marquis LTS / M81 / Pace Car / Predator / Saleen / Turbo GT & Turbo RS / Twister II

Wanted (Dead or Alive): VINs, door tags, buck tags, build sheets, window stickers, owner cards, transmission tags, axle tags

The seller is clicking on the "2 Door Hatchback Pace Car" link instead of the proper "3 Door Sedan" two links lower, and then adding in the 302, A/C, and Cobra package. You can see "1979 Ford Mustang 2 Door Hatchback Pace" in the NADA value printout. That is where the $26G figure is coming from.

2 Door Hatchback NADA.
    Pace Car with Cobra package. NADA.
    351 engine option. NADA.
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

FEP Registries: Black Magic & Crimson Cat / Cobra / Dominator / G.T.350 / LTD LX/Police & Marquis LTS / M81 / Pace Car / Predator / Saleen / Turbo GT & Turbo RS / Twister II

Wanted (Dead or Alive): VINs, door tags, buck tags, build sheets, window stickers, owner cards, transmission tags, axle tags

I see, but why would they have a cobra package listed with the Pace Car option in the first place? I didn't look at the others because I assumed that was the only way to list a Cobra. I was wrong and when I clicked 3 door hatch with cobra package I got the same thing as you guys. I just wonder why that cobra link was under the PC at all?
    Cheers!

Mike (TopGear85)

Have:

Had:
    79PC-San Jose #2890
    90GT-Oxford Wht,5spd

FEP Supporter

Quote Originally Posted by TopGear86 View Post
    I see, but why would they have a cobra package listed with the Pace Car option in the first place? I didn't look at the others because I assumed that was the only way to list a Cobra. I was wrong and when I clicked 3 door hatch with cobra package I got the same thing as you guys. I just wonder why that cobra link was under the PC at all?
    Well, I guess the menu choices are pretty generic. I thought I would do my 86 SVO and it gives a 302 and V6 option in the menu AND then it deducts 15% off the value for having the four cylinder! Hahaha, too funny.

Haha, that's too funny. Who wants an SVO with a turbo 4? Lol. So, the lesson is...don't put too much stock into NADA values.
    Cheers!

Mike (TopGear85)

Have:

Had:
    79PC-San Jose #2890
    90GT-Oxford Wht,5spd

everyone should file a report on ebay
    Looking for a Fox wagon

FEP Power Member

I just read the ad completely through. Experts please chime in. What are the chances that Ford did a one off with a T5, four years before the T5 was introduced? Seems more likely that this was just a T5 swap along the way. The BS is just piled way too high.

This is one of one made 1979 Mustang Cobra with 49K orig miles one owner !!!! My dad worked at the ford plant for 44years as senior plant manger so he could do preety much what he wanted, and had this car special built. First it came through assembly line in 1979 , and was built and put together with everything minus motor and tranny and he used capri tail lights because he liked them more ...He already new about the concept motor and tranny that was going to go in the 1983 1/2 mustang GT so he covered the car until he got clearance to use this motor and tranny. In late 1981 he got the go ahead and ran the car back through the assembly line and installed the ford factory 302 H.O 4 barrel carb 5 speed !!!! All number matching motor and transmission.( He installed the SVO wing in 1987) There is not another one like in the world... I do have the orig build sheets to show all work done.
    I would like to see the "build sheet" and the "numbers matching" VIN on the engine and transmission. Not that I believe one bit of this story, I would just like to see the supposed proof.
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

Neither here nor there

This guy went on a bunch of forums to post about finding "this" so claimed rare car so that when he put it on eBay it would drive more bids and attention.

His name on other forums is DOWN2EARTH411 which in turn is the same eBay seller Tim Everhart and has had bad sellings on svtperformance as well.

if you look at his completed listings (the 82 gt) it says his dad worked at ford for 37 years yet this ad says 44 years. that should be enough of a red flag to anyone.

if someone wants to flip cars that is their business, i have nothing really against it. its the lying and obvious amount of BS that pisses me off. why cant he just sell them for what they are? its a nice car but come on $21K??
    Looking for a Fox wagon

What a shame....another nice car that is being HIGHLY misrepresented by some fool that doesn't seem to care about his reputation.
    Jason Smith
    MCA #65481

'82 Capri RS Resto-Mod
    '88 #400 Saleen Coupe "Mean Machine" Legal Guardian
    '93 LX Yellow/Black Summer Feature - 2,800 Mile Original Survivor (Foxtoberfest 2019 Best Original 87-93)
    '05 S-281 Mineral Grey

Quote Originally Posted by FoxChassis View Post
    ebay (08/12 Howell, MI asking $10,500) > CL (09/13 Howell, MI asking $6800) > ebay (10/13 St Louis, MO asking $21,300); SVO spoiler, 4V/T-5, Capri tails, A/C, cruise

You by chance got any links to the older CL ads? Curious if all the mods were done to it back then or recently...you know, to prove or dispel this amazing story ;-)
    Jason Smith
    MCA #65481

'82 Capri RS Resto-Mod
    '88 #400 Saleen Coupe "Mean Machine" Legal Guardian
    '93 LX Yellow/Black Summer Feature - 2,800 Mile Original Survivor (Foxtoberfest 2019 Best Original 87-93)
    '05 S-281 Mineral Grey

I have saved all images and screencaps from the 09/13 Howell, MI craigslist ad. If you look at some of the pics in the everhart411 10/13 ebay ad you can see the 1979 Michigan black plate. I am going to assume the pics were taken by everhart411 when he went to pick the car up from the seller in MI.

http://foxchassis.com/files/110024%20-%209F03F110024/
    Last edited by FoxChassis; 10-22-2013 at 08:59 AM.
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

Even the Howell ad says "Ford Factory Upgraded to 4V 302" in 1983, do you think that means the car got a new crate engine from Ford and that's why this owner is calling it "factory upgraded?" Thats quite a flip..$6800 to $21K!
    Cheers!

Mike (TopGear85)

Have:

Had:
    79PC-San Jose #2890
    90GT-Oxford Wht,5spd

I went ahead and texted the seller in that Howell ad just to see what he meant by his wording, and the guy (Pat) just called me back. Him and his father both bought cobras in 79, Pat got this black one and HIS father bought a white one. In 83 when the new motor and trans were available for the public to buy, HIS father purchased the new "crate" engine and trans from ford and they put it in Pats black Cobra. Once again this sellers entire store is bs and the previous owner (who was very cool) is upset that he sold his car to this flipper. He was told by everhart that the car was for him and he would never think of selling it. Pat, the original owner, said he would have never sold Everhart the car had he know he was just going to flip it. The po is pretty upset to see his story misrepresented and the car back up for sale for more than twice what he was paid.

To summarize...I talked to the original owner, Pat, and he confirmed what we were all thinking. Everhart has lied through his teeth once again. This car was never owned by Everharts father, it was never run through the Ford assembly line twice, and Everhart just bought this car from the real Original owner a couple months ago for around $6500.

I wanted everyone to know that I called Pat, the original owner listed in the ad Foxchassis posted. So please don't anyone else call or text him about this. I don't want to bombard the original owner, and he was saddened by Everharts actions. He was very nice to share with me the real story though, as him and his father (Pat, the owner from Howell) are true Ford enthusiasts...and his dad actually did work for Ford!
    Cheers!

Mike (TopGear85)

Have:

Had:
    79PC-San Jose #2890
    90GT-Oxford Wht,5spd

FEP Power Member

Also, is he implying that all of the stuff done to the car was done on the factory line as a one off for his dad?!?! I just want to make sure I'm reading that correctly.

FEP Power Member

Sorry, just read the previous post.

It looks like the listing has been removed? I hope it was because of justice and not because somebody has believed his story. I wonder how many people this guy has cheated?
    Cheers!

Mike (TopGear85)

Have:

Had:
    79PC-San Jose #2890
    90GT-Oxford Wht,5spd

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast