Close

Default Help buyer needs appraisal val on my 85

I have a 1985 LX GT with 36k titled miles. Its a very clean car with a brand new 347 and engine bay for show with all scot rod tins, Steeda t-5, all susp, saleen body kit and rims with 10"rears. Car runs like a beast.

Point is, I have a buyer for my car. Unfortunately The kid that wants it is getting a loan for it I assume through the VA. They are asking him for an appraisal for the car. We have an agreed price for 6500 and he said he's approved for it.

From the research I've done, I can't find anything on the net. I'm not sure how this is going to end up. Never gone through this before. Its not an original car.
    85 GT built 347, Steeda t5, 3.55s, full susp, real Saleen body kit, Saleen rims...for go but need paint to show!
    99 TA ram air Daytona Pace car, 6spd 520rhp/497tq, full featured car Pont High Perf. 10.89@128 and 172mph in the mile run.
    00 TA boltons auto, the driver.
    01 TA ram air 6spd vert, just boltons, the cruiser.

Are you asking if we think the car will appraise for $6500? If that's the question my answer would be "yes," and it may even appraise a little higher. If it was 100% original with only 36K miles I would definitely say that it will appraise higher than $6500, but even with the mods you listed I can't see the car being valued less (than $6500). In your signature it says the car needs paint...how bad is the current paint job? That would be the only thing I would be worried about in regards to the appraisal. Modified cars can still bring good money, sometimes more than original but it depends on the mods. If things were professionally done and it looks like a show car than $6500 really isn't a lot of money and you should be fine (providing the paint isn't terrible).

Is the car a coupe or hatch? I'm confused by the "1985 LX GT" description because it can only be one or the other. Meaning its either an LX or a GT.

I hope everything works out.
    Cheers!

Mike (TopGear85)

Have:
    85 Saleen #73-GT,2R,TuTone,Cruise,Pos,5spd,Charcoal
    ***August 2015 ROTM Winner!***

Had:
    79PC-San Jose #2890
    86GT-9L,TuTone,5spd,T-Tops,Sand Beige
    86GT-9L,TuTone,5spd,T-Tops,Charcoal
    90LX-Oxford Wht,5spd,Sunroof,5.0 Hatchback
    90GT-Oxford Wht,5spd

I would think the lending institution is only worried about a loss...if one should occur. If you currently have collector car insurance, or the potential buyer can get a good faith estimate from a collector car insurance company to show the lender it would probably suffice. Collector car insurance is typically an aggreed amount for the car...the premiums are adjusted accordingly...should a loss occur. This means that you can insure the car for what ever value...within reason...you want and that predetermined amount will be paid should something happen to the car. This is the route I would try to take but of course you could just pay to have an appraisal done. Hope everything works out...you should post some pictures here so people can help you determine what that value might be.
    HAD
    '82 GT monochromatic (red)...black cloth

HAVE
    '85 GT vert two tone (white on charcoal)...white leather
    '00 F350 two tone (white on silver)...gray cloth
    '00 Excursion Limited two tone (white on tan)...tan leather...wifes ride
    '08 Taurus Limited ice blue...tan leather...daughter ride
    '08 Edge Limited white sand tri-coat metallic...tan leather...other daughters ride