Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default 1983 Mustang GLX 5.0 5-speed convertible 1033 miles

Just seen this one on Ebay and didn't know if it was a repost or not. I'm glad to see this low mile fox is clean but they may have gone overboard with the Armor All!LOL!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Just-...item1e813936b9

I saw that one for sale in NC in April 2010, with 999 miles. Only 34 miles in 3½ years. Wow.
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

FEP Registries: Black Magic & Crimson Cat / Cobra / Dominator / G.T.350 / LTD LX/Police & Marquis LTS / M81 / Pace Car / Predator / Saleen / Turbo GT & Turbo RS / Twister II

Wanted (Dead or Alive): VINs, door tags, buck tags, build sheets, window stickers, owner cards, transmission tags, axle tags

Wow, that is amazing. Does anyone know about that emblem on the passenger dash panel? Was that something Ford did for people that bought convertibles in 83, or is it something one of the owners had made up? Either way I wish they would have put it in the lower right hand corner of the dash panel as opposed to directly in the middle (or not installed it at all would have been better). Aside from that the interior is beautiful. What a great car all around...unique paint, and black on black interior and top. Simply awesome!
    Cheers!

Mike (TopGear85)

Have:
    85 Saleen #73-GT,2R,TuTone,Cruise,Pos,5spd,Charcoal
    ***August 2015 ROTM Winner!***

Had:
    79PC-San Jose #2890
    86GT-9L,TuTone,5spd,T-Tops,Sand Beige
    86GT-9L,TuTone,5spd,T-Tops,Charcoal
    90LX-Oxford Wht,5spd,Sunroof,5.0 Hatchback
    90GT-Oxford Wht,5spd

Quote Originally Posted by LilRed86coupe View Post
    Just seen this one on Ebay and didn't know if it was a repost or not. I'm glad to see this low mile fox is clean but they may have gone overboard with the Armor All!LOL!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Just-...item1e813936b9
    Yes, everything is a little glossy. And man, that yellow is bright, but I kind of like it. Sorry if I sound picky, but I'm curious about a few things on a low mile car like this. Why are the plug wires a little stained at the boots at the distributor? Is it normal that the underside and rear axle are painted black, or is this undercoating? Are those snow tires?
    Present: '84.5 Mustang GT T-top, '06 Mazdaspeed6
    Past: '79 5.0 Capri, '86 Buick GN, '90 Mustang GT, '92 SHO, '95 SHO
    Browse cover pages of my Fox Chassis related library

That's a beautiful car!

I love the yellow/black color combination. It's really something to look at. It's nice to see a low mileage, all original, pristine car for a change.
    Bryan

1983 Mustang GLX Convertible

Beautiful car. Good reference vehicle for restorations.
    Mike

84 Mustang GT Turbo Vert
    86 Mustang GT T-Top
    95 Mustang GT Vert
    05 Mustang GT

Definitely too much armor all on the detailing and it seems to me the pictures even look like they are really brightened up. I do like the car however.
    Current: 81 Cobra T Top, 79 Cobra.
    Past Toys: 1964 Falcon Vert, 1966 Mustang(owned twice), 70 Conv, 1978 Mustang II(first car), 80 Cobra, 81 Cobra, 82 GT T-Top, 85 GT 3,900 miles, 85 Predator/Twister 5S-0149, 86 Saleen 177, 86 SVO, 86 Mustang GT, 86 Mustang GT Vert, 87 Mustang GT, 89 Mustang Notch, 2003 Mustang GT Roush Clone, 2006 Mustang V6(Stainless Works LT's, MBRP cat back, 3.73's, tb, cai), and my favorite 2002 Mustang GT MPH 302 stroker, KB 2.2, TKO 500 640rwhp/591torque.

FEP Senior Member

Nice car...undercoating stinks though, especially with the low miles.

FEP Power Member

That is sweet looking but I only am getting the one picture. Also, you can NEVER use enough Armor All. It is the nectar of the detailing gods.

A - I HATE Armor All....to greasy and proven to dry materials out over time.
    B - I love the undercoating....it's done just on the underbody, makes everything look GREAT, and they didn't slop it on all the way up in the engine bay.
    C - I did not know TRX snow traction tires were even an option from the factory?
    D - I'd rather see actual photos, not Photoshop touch-up enhancements.

Man...this looks to be a FANTASTIC example!!! Even if I had the cash, not sure I'd be willing to pay what I'm assuming the reserve is. Will be watching curiously :-) Simply awesome!
    Jason Smith
    MCA #65481

'82 Capri RS Resto-Mod
    '88 #400 Saleen Coupe "Mean Machine" Legal Guardian
    '93 LX Yellow/Black Summer Feature - 2,800 Mile Original Survivor (Foxtoberfest 2019 Best Original 87-93)
    '05 S-281 Mineral Grey

Quote Originally Posted by HAD85B4 View Post
    That is sweet looking but I only am getting the one picture. Also, you can NEVER use enough Armor All. It is the nectar of the detailing gods.
    Scroll to bottom of description for rest of photos
    Current: 81 Cobra T Top, 79 Cobra.
    Past Toys: 1964 Falcon Vert, 1966 Mustang(owned twice), 70 Conv, 1978 Mustang II(first car), 80 Cobra, 81 Cobra, 82 GT T-Top, 85 GT 3,900 miles, 85 Predator/Twister 5S-0149, 86 Saleen 177, 86 SVO, 86 Mustang GT, 86 Mustang GT Vert, 87 Mustang GT, 89 Mustang Notch, 2003 Mustang GT Roush Clone, 2006 Mustang V6(Stainless Works LT's, MBRP cat back, 3.73's, tb, cai), and my favorite 2002 Mustang GT MPH 302 stroker, KB 2.2, TKO 500 640rwhp/591torque.

Neat car
    Mustang Week Staff
    www.mustangweek.com
    1980 Cobra
    1981 coupe 6 cylinder
    1982 GT
    04 Lightning
    14 GT

did not realize they made a 83 5.0 conv with the srod 4 spd trans

Nice car, too bad they felt it was required to gloss bomb the engine compartment to make it look "good".

Looking more closely at the paper work pics i see that on 4-1-04 there was a LOT of factory parts replaced, gas tank,fuel pump,carb kit,floats,fuel filter,10 hose clamps, 8ft of fuel line?!?!?.....sounds like it was sitting for a long time for all those parts to be replaced.

Yeah, looks like the the entire fuel supply system was replaced and the carb rebuilt. Likely to rid the entire system of any fuel varnish from sitting.
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

FEP Registries: Black Magic & Crimson Cat / Cobra / Dominator / G.T.350 / LTD LX/Police & Marquis LTS / M81 / Pace Car / Predator / Saleen / Turbo GT & Turbo RS / Twister II

Wanted (Dead or Alive): VINs, door tags, buck tags, build sheets, window stickers, owner cards, transmission tags, axle tags

Quote Originally Posted by tonysilver82 View Post
    did not realize they made a 83 5.0 conv with the srod 4 spd trans
    The 5.0L convertible was available 3½ months before the T-5 5-speed trans was available and even after then, the SROD was still optional through the rest of the year.
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

The photo enhancing is not doing any favors for trying to represent this car. It appears that maybe when the under coating was done...possibly Zeibart...that sound deadening material was also injected. Nice car, I just don't understand why someone would not drive it every once in a while. This is obvious in that the entire fuel system was replaced. I would rather have a car that was driven every once in a while with a couple thousand miles versus one like this with 1,000 miles that I would be afraid to drive because of it leaving me stranded somewhere and/or getting into an accident. It is a very nice car though, just not my cup of tea...or in this case, lemonade...
    HAD
    '82 GT monochromatic (red)...black cloth

HAVE
    '85 GT vert two tone (white on charcoal)...white leather
    '00 F350 two tone (white on silver)...gray cloth
    '00 Excursion Limited two tone (white on tan)...tan leather...wifes ride
    '08 Taurus Limited ice blue...tan leather...daughter ride
    '08 Edge Limited white sand tri-coat metallic...tan leather...other daughters ride

The fuel hoses at the tank and front frame rail dry out and crack. When that happens they collapse under suction from the pump and starve the system after just a few minutes. Same thing happened to the 83 I resurrected two years ago. Not an issue to me that some of those parts were replaced. It was probably necessary for it to run, otherwise it would remain a museum queen.
    Jason Smith
    MCA #65481

'82 Capri RS Resto-Mod
    '93 LX Yellow/Black Summer Feature - 2,800 Mile Original Survivor (Foxtoberfest 2019 Best Original 87-93)
    '05 S-281 Mineral Grey

Those photos are so over enhanced by oversaturating color and greatly increasing contrast. Look at how unnatural the background is. Definitely a not so subtle way to hide flaws.
    1970 U14 Bronco
    1983 911 SC
    Sold - 1986 SVO 1D #9823

I downloaded all of the photos from the auction...so many nice pics of a stunning car.
    Bryan

1983 Mustang GLX Convertible

That thing has had alot of paint work under the hood..Everything is painted sliver the a/c compressor and brackets and valve covers........... I know I am Pickey!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
    Mike

85 saleen 014 1st Red Saleen and 7th car built..
    86 Saleen 199 Black
    86 Saleen 200 Black Convertible

Black isn't a color it's a Statement

FEP Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by 86-199 View Post
    That thing has had alot of paint work under the hood..Everything is painted sliver the a/c compressor and brackets and valve covers........... I know I am Pickey!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
    Exactly,I like the quicky exhaust manifold paint job,not to mention the overspray on the spark plug boots and just about everything else.They got most of the "visible" valve covers painted,just not the edge near the header
    Can't tell for sure but were they meaning to mask off the vacuum advance,most of it is painted

They took what once was a nice original car and put their special touch on it,unbelievable.

OMR
    Last edited by OldManRiver; 10-13-2013 at 10:04 PM.
    '86 Med.Canyon Red Met.(original paint) T-top,5 speed,3.55 rear,MAF conversion(A9L).MM adj. RLCAs,T/A,Panhard Bar,and adj MMRSB-3,rear T/A springs 375#-440#,MM C/C plates,MM 1.125" dia.swaybar,STB,4pt KMB,FLSFC's,'03 Cobra rack-n-pinion w/ Saginaw pump conversion.Bilstein MM coilover conversion and A-arms,front spring rate:250#.

I agree some dummy couldn't leave a rattel can alone and hurt the value..Shame He needs his Butt kicked..LOL
    Mike

85 saleen 014 1st Red Saleen and 7th car built..
    86 Saleen 199 Black
    86 Saleen 200 Black Convertible

Black isn't a color it's a Statement

I don't see what you guys are saying has been rattle canned. Everything looks clean and original to me....however I think the overly processed pictures make some things look off. I'm going to send the seller a picture to see if he can send me the original, un-touched photos ;-)
    Jason Smith
    MCA #65481

'82 Capri RS Resto-Mod
    '05 S-281 Mineral Grey

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast