Close

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Mustang 50th Anniversary

I'll be taking GTTONE to the Vegas show. So far plans include heading to Norman on the 11th and taking the pony drive the whole way!! Woohoo!!! Can't wait!

SI

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Smile, it's an easy thing you have complete control over that takes less work than the alternative.

Have:

'82 GT T-top #24 Red x 2

Plans is to go all out and join the Pony Drive to Vegas but looks like a lot of FEP members will be in Charlotte. I think I will leave the four eyed cars at home and take my 68 Bullitt replica if I can have it ready to go by then. If things go as planned, I wont have any of my Foxbody cars there but I would love to cruise along with some of the FEP members. Anyone doing the Pony Drive, keep an eye out for me and be sure to say hi. Also, plan is to do the optional Route 66 detour.
    Name:  DSC01141.JPG
Views: 36
Size:  137.5 KB

Planning on Charlotte with the 2010 Convertible.
    John
    2017 Convertible 6-Speed
    1984 GT 5.0 T-Roof
    1965 Coupe 4-Speed
    1964-1/2 Coupe C4-Auto
    MCA National Certified Judge 1964-1966 and 1979-1993

Quote Originally Posted by KevinK View Post
    Its not all clear to me just yet either. Show car parking is inside the track and you can leave your car parked for the whole show. If you leave each night, then there it is first come first served to get back in. The outside parking or club parking is for a second vehicle to come and go as you want and hopefully not a long hike to get in. So the the club tent is really for those with a second vehicle or tow rig to get in and out. There is also trailer parking at the show and I'm pretty sure I paid for that too.
    club parking with the MORE program is outside the track, 20 cars must be registered for club parking,come and go as you please
    *FOXTOBERFEST* 2015 http://www.foxmustangrestoration.com/events
    85 T Top coupe 5.0 2R red, E7's, rpm intake, 4180 carb, 7.4 1/8
    83 CC capri 5.0 5 speed,black mesh wheels
    76 cobra II 302 auto black/gold, big cam 3 inch dumps- sold to a good friend
    92 coupe 5.0 5 speed -red
    92 Lx hatch 5.0 5 speed -black, 66 coupe 5.0 4 spd (project)
    87 Vert 5.0 AOD red stock as a rock

" Are you sure you know what you're talking about? It kinda sounds like you know what you're talking about"

I'm going to Charlotte Wednesday through Monday. I'll either be in the 13 GT or I'm also considering digging out the 86 7B. If I take the SVO I'll take the truck and trailer and a few more parts. I'm was already planning on taking some of my 64.5 to 66 stuff to sell / trade in the trunk of the 13. I'm in the MORE with my local Georgia Regional Club / GRMC. Staying at the Hilton Garden Inn.
    86 LX Coupe 4E
    84 SVO Watkins Glen Pace Car 1E
    85 SVO Hertz 4E
    85.5 SVO 2R orig owner
    86 SVO 7B
    66 Fastback
    55 Willys Jeep Overland Wagon

Latemodel Restoration is looking for a few display cars to use during the 50th in Charlotte NC.
    Years 79-04 show quality cars with parts from http://www.latemodelrestoration.com/
    Contact Jeff at jeff.jimenez@latemodelrestoration.com with pics & a brief description of your car & mods
    This is a serious commitment & you will be there from show opening to close. I will have my 80 Cobra on display at one of their booths & in my opinion this is the best way for your car to get some exposure.

Thanks
    Mike Clay
    Mustang Week Staff
    Mustang Week Staff
    www.mustangweek.com
    1980 Cobra
    1981 coupe 6 cylinder
    1982 GT
    04 Lightning
    14 GT

I'm going to NC event and driving my car 9 hours to the show.
    Last edited by Cj1986; 02-19-2014 at 08:38 PM.

This time next week we'll be there. I'll be in the MORE group w the Northwest Mustang group. Hoping to see a good Fox Mustang showing!
    -Mike Malone
    69 Mach1, 81 LX, 83 GT Turbo, 85.5 SVO 9L, 86 SVO 2A, 86 GT, 90 LX 5.0 - and a badass 84 LTD Wagon

Update from Amarillo, TX on the Las Vegas Pony Drive. Wow- I think there were 171 cars leaving Norman this morning and the "new" cars (2010 & newer) FAR outnumbered every other generation. I heard about an 86 SVO and caught a glimpse of an 82 and a couple aero nose cars including a nice 5.0 LX with T Tops. Hope to see more four eyed cars as we get closer. Will get some pics.

If anybody from here wants to get up with me at the Charlotte show send me a PM. I am hoping to be there most of Saturday, maybe some of Sunday, all depends on how the rest of my party feels about that.
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

FEP Registries: Black Magic & Crimson Cat / Cobra / Dominator / G.T.350 / LTD LX/Police & Marquis LTS / M81 / Pace Car / Predator / Saleen / Turbo GT & Turbo RS / Twister II

Wanted (Dead or Alive): VINs, door tags, buck tags, build sheets, window stickers, owner cards, transmission tags, axle tags

Jim (and all)... Sorry to say we had a slight catastrophe on the leg from Norman to Amarillo yesterday. After fuel pump went out on my 82.. My son (along with in my 2000 frontier crew cab, came back and stayed with stang so I took truck back a few miles to p/u new fuel pump....

On the way back to town....truck bed caught fire....fire went from ds tailight up to pass seat and truck is a complete loss with liability only. but we r ok...and thats the important thing. Gotta regroup though and put new pump on today and head back to Dallas... Real shame.... Was gonna be my.family's last big vacation (my girls and wife flyin to vegas on wed to meet us and all..)... But now with all my tools, clothes, coat, and awards, show stuff, everything up in smoke with my truck... Have to use the trip$ to put my life back together somewhat..

Best o' luck to everyone though and Happy 50 to all the stangs in the world!!

SI
    (Alan)

Smile, it's an easy thing you have complete control over that takes less work than the alternative.

Have:

'82 GT T-top #24 Red x 2

FEP Power Member

Sorry to hear about your loss.
    Fox Body/3rd Gen MCA Gold Card Judge
    84 SVO 24K miles, 85 Mclaren Capri Vert. 84 GT Turbo Vert.
    88 Mclaren Mustang Vert 20K miles, 89 Mustang LX Sport Vert,
    03 Mach 1 7900 miles, 74 Mustang II, 69 Mustang, 67 Mustang, 07 GT500,
    14 Mustang CS/GT, 15 F150 FTX Tuscany, 16 F250 Crewcab, 67 Tbird 47K miles

Smile

We are heading to Charlotte in about an hour.
    Taking the '07 this time and will be parking with the SEFB group.
    Hope to see some of you there.

Thanks goodness the Mustang's birthday is in a nice cool month, and not July or August.

Best regards , JP & Julie
    Last edited by FloridaGrabber; 04-18-2014 at 08:02 PM.
    JP
    79 Capri RS 2.3t / 4spd (project)
    79 Pace Car 2.3T / 4spd (driving project)
    79 Pace Car 5.0/auto ( project)
    84 GT White 5spd T-Top (project)
    86 Tan/Tan 3.8/auto (daughter's project)
    87 LX vert Red 2.3/auto
    07 4.0 Grabber Orange 5spd (Modified Mustangs Nov.07 Cover)

Hunting for one of these this weekend in Charlotte if you run across one
    call me 434 250 6490
    Mustang Week Staff
    www.mustangweek.com
    1980 Cobra
    1981 coupe 6 cylinder
    1982 GT
    04 Lightning
    14 GT

Mustang Week Staff
    www.mustangweek.com
    1980 Cobra
    1981 coupe 6 cylinder
    1982 GT
    04 Lightning
    14 GT

Default Detroit area #50 events

Staying near home due to commitments (work, etc).
    Will attend these:

http://www.mocsem.com/events/event_c...th=4&year=2014

FEP Member

Leaving super early Friday morning for Charlotte. Will be parked with SEFB in the MORE with the 89 almond vert.

Will be at speedway in the morning.
    I'll have on white Mustang shirt, say hello if you spot me.
    JP
    87 LX vert Red 2.3/auto

Quote Originally Posted by SilentInsomnia View Post
    Jim (and all)... Sorry to say we had a slight catastrophe on the leg from Norman to Amarillo yesterday. After fuel pump went out on my 82.. My son (along with in my 2000 frontier crew cab, came back and stayed with stang so I took truck back a few miles to p/u new fuel pump....

On the way back to town....truck bed caught fire....fire went from ds tailight up to pass seat and truck is a complete loss with liability only. but we r ok...and thats the important thing. Gotta regroup though and put new pump on today and head back to Dallas... Real shame.... Was gonna be my.family's last big vacation (my girls and wife flyin to vegas on wed to meet us and all..)... But now with all my tools, clothes, coat, and awards, show stuff, everything up in smoke with my truck... Have to use the trip$ to put my life back together somewhat..

Best o' luck to everyone though and Happy 50 to all the stangs in the world!!

SI
    (Alan)

Dang I hate to hear that! Now my troubles on my trip to Charlotte yesterday don't seem so bad... really hate to hear that your family vacation was ruined. You said it when you stated at least everyone was ok!

I lost a trailer tire (tread separated completely from tire) and took out my trailer fender and quite a bit of sheet metal to be repaired. The fun part was trying to navigate Atlanta traffic to get out of everyone's way! LOL
    86 SVO 2R Comp Prep
    86 SVO 9L Comp Prep
    86 SVO 7B Comp Prep

My son and I will be in Charlotte Friday-Sunday. I'll be in my 03 Redfire Cobra with a Saints Super Bowl license plate on the rear. Hope to see some of you guys there.
    2005 Mustang GT- 13.62 @102 All Stock- RIP 8-29-05 9:17 AM
    2003 Redfire Terminator
    1985 Mustang GT T-Top- Almost Done

To those of you that are going to the East Coast show, can you please take a few pics of 84 Saleen #32? Rumor has it that it will be at that show. I was hoping to win the lottery and convince Mr. Akers to sell it to me, but that didn't happen.

Snkchmr, I hope you find a Motorsport Performance Timer to go with your amazing Cobra. Good Luck!
    Cheers!

Mike (TopGear85)

Have:
    85 Saleen #73-GT,2R,TuTone,Cruise,Pos,5spd,Charcoal
    ***August 2015 ROTM Winner!***

Had:
    79PC-San Jose #2890
    86GT-9L,TuTone,5spd,T-Tops,Sand Beige
    86GT-9L,TuTone,5spd,T-Tops,Charcoal
    90LX-Oxford Wht,5spd,Sunroof,5.0 Hatchback
    90GT-Oxford Wht,5spd

Best regards from the 50th Anniversary from Las Vegas!

Very low quantity of 4-eyed cars here today. 2 Pace Cars, a 79 Cobra, one 79-82 4-banger converted to V8, and a few 85-86s. But I was looking at the cars later in the afternoon after finishing at the vendor area, thus some cars may have left by then.
    '79 Indy Pace Car V8 / Aut
    '79 Indy Pace Car L4 Turbo / Man
    '84 Capri RS V8 / T5
    '65 Fastback Shelby GT-350 replica

FEP Power Member

Rumors from Vegas is that a bunch of cars got vandalized at Charlotte Hotels. Any update on that story?
    Fox Body/3rd Gen MCA Gold Card Judge
    84 SVO 24K miles, 85 Mclaren Capri Vert. 84 GT Turbo Vert.
    88 Mclaren Mustang Vert 20K miles, 89 Mustang LX Sport Vert,
    03 Mach 1 7900 miles, 74 Mustang II, 69 Mustang, 67 Mustang, 07 GT500,
    14 Mustang CS/GT, 15 F150 FTX Tuscany, 16 F250 Crewcab, 67 Tbird 47K miles

FEP Super Member
    Blog Entries

Post lots of pictures please.....

Quote Originally Posted by TopGear85 View Post
    To those of you that are going to the East Coast show, can you please take a few pics of 84 Saleen #32? Rumor has it that it will be at that show. I was hoping to win the lottery and convince Mr. Akers to sell it to me, but that didn't happen.

Snkchmr, I hope you find a Motorsport Performance Timer to go with your amazing Cobra. Good Luck!
    I have few of #32 from yesterday, will snap more today and post tonight from hotel.
    Beautiful car , also saw the Seal Beach Hatchback, both incredible .
    JP
    87 LX vert Red 2.3/auto

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast