Close

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

I'll be at Charlotte,Wed.to Sun.
    Robert
    86 GT vert
    85 GT

FEP Super Member tan84mustanggt's Avatar

I just registered for Charlotte. I've been at every one since the 20th, why stop now. I look forward to seeing some of you that I haven't seen since the 45th. No trailer planned. Thinking of joining the pony drive in Nashville. I plan on bringing this.....

84 Tan 5.0 GT hatchback
    84 Tan 5.0 GT convertible
    84 GT350 2.3T convertible

Not sure which one I'll be at. Thinking it will probably be Vegas. Anyone caravanning across I 40?
    86 Mustang GT T Top 2A 20k miles
    95 Toyota FZJ80 Landcruiser triple locked expedition rig
    87 Saleen sold
    84 GT350 #1808 Sold
    86 GT Sold brother has it.

I'll be at Charlotte. I don't think mine (84 GT Turbo) will be done in time (waiting for head from Boport). I'll be taking my Mother's 2011 Mustang. She'll be there also.
    86' SVO 1C # 17 of 3379 86's #6475 of 9837
    86' SVO 1C #497 of 3379 86's #6955 of 9837
    84' GT Turbo #4 of 3241 GT Turbo HB's #560 of 3935
    87' Thunderbird TC 1 of 10
    http://www.foureyedpride.com/content...e-of-the-Month

Going to try and make it to Vegas. I will be bringing the family so the mustang will stay at home. Maybe hoping to pick up a nice one that might be for sale.

FEP Super Member Bryan Knebworth's Avatar

I attended the 30th at Charlotte in 1994 which was straight-up awesome. LBJ's '67 Mustang GTA 390 was there (who knew LBJ had a Mustang??) Along with a surprise appearance by President Bill Clinton who took a few laps around the track in his own '67 Mustang.

Next year I'll probably attend the Las Vegas show.

FYI At Charlotte, there is a program called M.O.R.E. "Mustangs Organizing Rallying Enthusiasts." In short it is an organized program under which clubs or groups can park together. A similar arrangement is being worked for Las Vegas. The designated area is outside the track, which has certain advantages (visibility, ability to come and go). The minimum is 20 and the deadline is March 15. More details in the November issue of Mustang Times. Steve Prewitt, MCA President, is the coordinator of the program.

I am throwing this out for people to consider. I'm not sure we could muster 20 cars/people who would be interested, but it might be worth a try. Would be fun for all of us to park together. Otherwise, with thousands of cars present, you may not even be able to find the other FEP members who you know are there.

So what do you think?
    Bob in Lebanon, TN
    79 original owner six cylinder coupe
    MCA Gold Card judge for 3rd Generation cars

FEP Super Member tan84mustanggt's Avatar

I'd be in for that, Bob!

We're thinking of doing the pony drive too. Anyone else?
    84 Tan 5.0 GT hatchback
    84 Tan 5.0 GT convertible
    84 GT350 2.3T convertible

I'm registered for Charlotte, NC. Will be driving with a group from the Mustang Car Club of New England, leaving on 4/14 from CT.
    Mark

1986 GT Hatchback (2R): 5spd, TFS FAC 170s, TFS Stage 2 Cam, Vortech SQ S-Trim, MM Suspension, SN95 5-lug conversion w/Fox 5-lug rear axles, 3.73's, 13" / 11.65" brakes, Moates QuarterHorse
    '88 LX 5.0
    '22 GT500

Quote Originally Posted by roush235 View Post
    FYI At Charlotte, there is a program called M.O.R.E. "Mustangs Organizing Rallying Enthusiasts." In short it is an organized program under which clubs or groups can park together. A similar arrangement is being worked for Las Vegas. The designated area is outside the track, which has certain advantages (visibility, ability to come and go). The minimum is 20 and the deadline is March 15. More details in the November issue of Mustang Times. Steve Prewitt, MCA President, is the coordinator of the program.

I am throwing this out for people to consider. I'm not sure we could muster 20 cars/people who would be interested, but it might be worth a try. Would be fun for all of us to park together. Otherwise, with thousands of cars present, you may not even be able to find the other FEP members who you know are there.

So what do you think?
    I'd be down for that!!! I am bringing my 88 though,,,,,,

Scotty
    1985 Fox Notch 4-banger Ranger tube header Eastwood Royal Blue
    1988 Fox LX 5.0 AOD Vert BBK 170mph speedo Candy Apple Red
    1999 Mustang Coupe V6 Auto Chrome Yellow -Daily Driver.
    Past Pony's.....
    68 Coupe Inline-6 3-Speed-Man. Primer
    78 II Hatch 302 3-Speed-Auto Sunroof Black
    81 4-Eye Coupe 4-Banger 4-Speed-Man. White

I'll be attending the Vegas event.Registered and hotel booked. Will be making the drive out in my 81. She drove all the way to Canada (ok, 60 miles short) and back this summer. Vegas will be considered a short trip in comparison. Going to be an epic event. Really looking forward to it.
    -Mike Malone
    69 Mach1, 81 LX, 83 GT Turbo, 85.5 SVO 9L, 86 SVO 2A, 86 GT, 90 LX 5.0 - and a badass 84 LTD Wagon

Blog Entries

We're considering it, but not at all sure what we'd take. The SVO is getting pretty ragged with well-warranted failures here and there. The GT hasn't been exercised enough to have any record of reliability at this point, and making that drive in that car isn't exactly enticing. Showing up in a MINI isn't quite right. We'd be deaf in the blue Capri by the time we got much out of the Phoenix area. The Turbo RS might be in some state of drivability. I dunno. Not sure what to do.

Blog Entries

So what do you think?
    I think that's brilliant. If you can get more details and/or are willing to be a contact person of sorts, I think we should try to get this information out there so FEP can have a strong showing.

Let's continue to gauge interest and go from there. If there is enough interest I would volunteer to be the coordinator. I'm going to Charlotte.
    Bob in Lebanon, TN
    79 original owner six cylinder coupe
    MCA Gold Card judge for 3rd Generation cars

i'm going in my capri to nc.

cale

Blog Entries

Let's continue to gauge interest and go from there. If there is enough interest I would volunteer to be the coordinator. I'm going to Charlotte.
    Once I can stop relentlessly pimping the FEP calendar, I'll craft up a banner pointing in here to see if we can raise some awareness and drum up some participants.

I'll be at the Charlotte show but not with a Fox. Unless I can find that perfect 5L coupe or Saleen by then.
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

FEP Registries: Black Magic & Crimson Cat / Cobra / Dominator / G.T.350 / LTD LX/Police & Marquis LTS / M81 / Pace Car / Predator / Saleen / Turbo GT & Turbo RS / Twister II

Wanted (Dead or Alive): VINs, door tags, buck tags, build sheets, window stickers, owner cards, transmission tags, axle tags

So what do you think?
    FWIW - the SVO Club of Pat (or SVOCOP) is trying to establish groups (>20 SVO's) for both Vegas and Charlotte shows.....

No plans for me to attend either, Ford Carlisle show is all I have on the radar.

JT
    1979 Indy Pace Car Mustang 302 / 5spd
    1982 Mustang GT T-Top 302 / 4spd
    1986 SVO Mustang - 1C

FEP Member

Im rolling out in an SVO from Orlando to Charlotte. Need to join a convoy.

Dad and I will be at Charlotte, without the mustangs so we will be looking for the FEP crew.

Jack you can bet I will be looking for you and that tan convertible
    ~Bryan

1985 Mustang GT w/ T-Tops, Original Paint, 160,XXX miles
    Mods: 600cfm Carb, Underdrive Pulleys, Subframe Connectors, 4pt G-Load Brace, MM Strut Tower brace, 8.8 rear w/ 3.55 gears & LCA's

Pics from production of "The Saleen Book"
    http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...&id=1027847075

http://mustangworld.com/ourpics/News/select1271.htm

I just registered for the charlotte show and would look forward to meeting up with some of yall! I do know the big cruise to charlotte will be stopping in Greensboro which is where I will be joining in so it would be nice to get a list of guys going to charlotte so maybe we can meet up and cruise together from gboro
    "Foxbody Enthusiast"

FEP Power Member

We will be at the Vegas show with the wife's 88 McLaren. Too long of a trip to take 2 cars so the SVO will stay home. The local BAMA Club may want to partner with another club for parking. 20 cars is a lot for 1 club to put together.
    Fox Body/3rd Gen MCA Gold Card Judge
    84 SVO 24K miles, 85 Mclaren Capri Vert. 84 GT Turbo Vert.
    88 Mclaren Mustang Vert 20K miles, 89 Mustang LX Sport Vert,
    03 Mach 1 7900 miles, 74 Mustang II, 69 Mustang, 67 Mustang, 07 GT500,
    14 Mustang CS/GT, 15 F150 FTX Tuscany, 16 F250 Crewcab, 67 Tbird 47K miles

from what I understand club parking will be outside near the track, inside the track parking will be first come first serve(daily) and no guarantee that club members will be parked together.
    *FOXTOBERFEST* 2015 http://www.foxmustangrestoration.com/events
    85 T Top coupe 5.0 2R red, E7's, rpm intake, 4180 carb, 7.4 1/8
    83 CC capri 5.0 5 speed,black mesh wheels
    76 cobra II 302 auto black/gold, big cam 3 inch dumps- sold to a good friend
    92 coupe 5.0 5 speed -red
    92 Lx hatch 5.0 5 speed -black, 66 coupe 5.0 4 spd (project)
    87 Vert 5.0 AOD red stock as a rock

" Are you sure you know what you're talking about? It kinda sounds like you know what you're talking about"

FEP Power Member

Its not all clear to me just yet either. Show car parking is inside the track and you can leave your car parked for the whole show. If you leave each night, then there it is first come first served to get back in. The outside parking or club parking is for a second vehicle to come and go as you want and hopefully not a long hike to get in. So the the club tent is really for those with a second vehicle or tow rig to get in and out. There is also trailer parking at the show and I'm pretty sure I paid for that too.
    Fox Body/3rd Gen MCA Gold Card Judge
    84 SVO 24K miles, 85 Mclaren Capri Vert. 84 GT Turbo Vert.
    88 Mclaren Mustang Vert 20K miles, 89 Mustang LX Sport Vert,
    03 Mach 1 7900 miles, 74 Mustang II, 69 Mustang, 67 Mustang, 07 GT500,
    14 Mustang CS/GT, 15 F150 FTX Tuscany, 16 F250 Crewcab, 67 Tbird 47K miles

I just joined the "MORE" (club) parking with a local club that will be at Charlotte. Stop by the "Show Me Mustang" club's group, I'll be there with my 88.

Scotty
    1985 Fox Notch 4-banger Ranger tube header Eastwood Royal Blue
    1988 Fox LX 5.0 AOD Vert BBK 170mph speedo Candy Apple Red
    1999 Mustang Coupe V6 Auto Chrome Yellow -Daily Driver.
    Past Pony's.....
    68 Coupe Inline-6 3-Speed-Man. Primer
    78 II Hatch 302 3-Speed-Auto Sunroof Black
    81 4-Eye Coupe 4-Banger 4-Speed-Man. White

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast