Close

Thumbs up 2014 4 cylinder ford nationals tulsa oklahoma

We have been holding a 4 cylinder Ford Turbo national event for the last 2 years. The first year, 2012, was at Gateway Motorsports Park in Maddison Il. It was a blast to see 15 running 2.3 powered turbo fords together at the same time.

The second year (2013 august 31 st) we held it in conjunction with the Fun Ford Week End at Bristol Dragway in Bristol Tn. We had 13 cars show up from all over the country. Cars came in from Texas, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, North Carolina, Ohio, Michigan, and Virginia.

Mrswift came in from Tulsa Oklahoma. Chris, (JustAddBoost) came from west Tx. Shannon (Stinger) flew out to watch and help out. Matt Culpepper (The Flying Clutchman) brought project bolt on and ran it. Dale (TR6Turbo) came in from Ohio with his TR6. Steve came from Michigan. WesK brought his RX7 and his dad RodK brought his T'bird in from Charlotte. Joe Laramee brought his Pinto in from Il. Dennis (Denz) drove his Volvo headed notch from Michigan. Dave Flanders brought his Pinto in from Mi. Don Haulsee drove his Volvo headed 76 Capri, raced it, and drove it home. There were also other cars there and I apologize if I've left a few out. We had nice variety of cars but no Merkurs or Rangers.

The 2013 purse was substantial as Esslinger donated 2 scripts worth $1000 each to the winners for a head or block. There ware also cash payouts. We are working on the same type of deal for 2014.

The 2014 race will be in the mid west at Tulsa Oklahoma. It will be held with an All Ford Weekend type race. We are in the process of scheduling with Tulsa Raceway Park and Eric (Flyin) on the Tulsa raceway park forum.

The 2014 format will be 2 classes, a quick 8 for the fast cars, and a bracket race .500 tree for the bracket class. Any Ford 2.3 turbo powered vehicle with doors are welcome. The race promoters have decided that dragsters or altered won't be in the race group but are welcome to make Test-N-Tune passes. We are working on the other classes for the big Fords .

Every year mrswift makes up participation stickers for the cars that show up.

There will be a Barbeque Friday before the tnt at one of the local Turboford members. You can camp at the track. There are bathrooms and there are some rental RV spots with electricity. These have to be booked in advance. This will be a larger venue with many other cars so book well in advance. Tulsa raceway park has a reputation as one of the best traction surfaces. Mike Edwards and Rodger Brogden test there regularly.

We will be starting a participants thread soon. Once its up you can go on and state your interests. If you have any questions email Tom (boosted87notch@gmail.com). --

http://i786.photobucket.com/albums/y...-21-48_444.jpg
    http://i786.photobucket.com/albums/y...-52-07_213.jpg
    http://i786.photobucket.com/albums/y...pse0137a23.jpg
    2013 fastest 2.3 turbo on the property went to joe laramee in his 77 pinto 2.3 powered turbo 9.42 @140 ish nice car
    Last edited by mrswift; 10-10-2013 at 08:00 PM. Reason: readability

sure would have been nice to see some pictures.
    .....Cobra venom stops the Heartbeat^^^^------.

Will this be held with the Mid-America Shelby meet or some other weekend? Sounds like a fun time either way!
    CraigB
    1985 SVO - A bit of shell at the moment
    2003 SVT Focus - DD/Auto-X
    1984 SVO - #251 - Sold it like an idiot.

september to october , the shelby meet would be fun , but its sooo hot here in oklahoma in june / july when they normaly hold the shelby meet . xlor8 there are lots of picts on the turboford forum and videos on youtube search stinger performance key word gateway .

Quote Originally Posted by mrswift View Post
    september to october , the shelby meet would be fun , but its sooo hot here in oklahoma in june / july when they normaly hold the shelby meet .
    Either way, keep us updated. I live 125 miles from TRP and if I'm not working that weekend (I work at Mo-Kan Dragway) I'd love to attend. Even if my car isn't done.
    CraigB
    1985 SVO - A bit of shell at the moment
    2003 SVT Focus - DD/Auto-X
    1984 SVO - #251 - Sold it like an idiot.