Close

Default Twister II came to my stable

I had been Twisterless for less than 30 days after selling my Predator/Twister2 convertible. I have wanted to own a red hatch Twister2 since I got out of high school. I remember one red hatch T2 that was parked in a driveway of someone's house on Elm Street in Olathe. That's when I started wanting to have one someday. I have come across a few red T2s lately, some of which were too rusty or priced out of my budget. This car just happened popped up at the right time and right price, and is pretty a solid car so I bought it. Guy I bought it from had owned it since high school in '94 then he gave it to his son and he just graduated from high school. The father was heart broken over letting the car go, I told him that car is in good hands. What is even cooler is that, father's, father (grandpa) had bought a brand new white hatch T2 from Rusty Eck Ford in Wichita. That car was pace car at 81 speedway in Wichita and was sold to him right after with few pace car miles on it. He had it since it was new and sold it in '07.

Here are the pictures of my red T2. It runs great and everything works even the A/C still blows cold air. It has some sun damage but is a very solid car. The car also came with a dash plaque which most T2s don't have. The plaque did not come from the car it was actually taken off of dealers desk. I guess that guy was lucky and got it. Now that I have the plaque I realized that the plaque is etched instead printed. I'm working on figuring out how find someone to make more copies of the plaques from the original I have for Twister owners only.
    Last edited by dlgourn; 06-01-2014 at 11:00 PM.

Nice! Glad to see you got another one to work your magic on!
    Steve
    "Taillights in Your Face Jack? You've just been Dominated!"
    # Link to Facebook Dominator Mustang Fans # # Link to Facebook Predator Mustang Fans #
    # Link to Facebook Twister Mustang Fans #
    Current Stangs: Stangless
    Previously owned:
    84 Black GT, 85 Black T-Top Dominator GT # Link to Restoration Thread # 85 Dominator GT RIP 1995, 85 Predator GT, 83 Dominator GT, 82 Mustang GT

There's some rock solid potential right there ---- and that plaque tops it off. I wonder how many of those plaques get lost. Nice ride.
    13 Dodge Dart
    09 Shadow Sabre
    08 Caliber
    05 Aztek
    02 Avalanche
    02 Thunderbird
    01 Cadillac ETC
    98 Explorer
    96 Suzuki X-90
    89 Fleetwood
    89 Continental
    88 Town Car
    86 Silverado
    84 Fiero
    83 Town Car
    82 LN7
    82 EXP
    80 Mustang
    65 Continental
    62 Galaxie 500
    54 Packard

Stock never goes out of style.

I can't believe some high school kid was using that as his daily driver...I never thought I would be jealous of a 17 year old. Congrats on the new Twister, now I am jealous of you.
    Cheers!

Mike (TopGear85)

Have:
    85 Saleen #73-GT,2R,TuTone,Cruise,Pos,5spd,Charcoal
    ***August 2015 ROTM Winner!***

Had:
    79PC-San Jose #2890
    86GT-9L,TuTone,5spd,T-Tops,Sand Beige
    86GT-9L,TuTone,5spd,T-Tops,Charcoal
    90LX-Oxford Wht,5spd,Sunroof,5.0 Hatchback
    90GT-Oxford Wht,5spd

Nice score, Dan. I guessing it is not an AOD as only one of those were made with 2R paint and solid roof. Looking forward to seeing your work on this one.
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

FEP Registries: Black Magic & Crimson Cat / Cobra / Dominator / G.T.350 / LTD LX/Police & Marquis LTS / M81 / Pace Car / Predator / Saleen / Turbo GT & Turbo RS / Twister II

Wanted (Dead or Alive): VINs, door tags, buck tags, build sheets, window stickers, owner cards, transmission tags, axle tags

Nice score Dan! Can't wait to see this one restored as nicely as the rest of them
    Chris Lott
    '81 Cobra T-Top - Black
    '85 Dominator GT - Black, 24k miles
    '85 Predator GT302R #150R - Light Regatta Blue
    '85 Predator GT302 Convertible #119 - White w/blue stripes For Sale
    '86 Texas DPS Mustang (Unit # unknown) - undergoing resto

Congrats on the T2 Dan. Looks like a nice car. If you can find someone to make the plaques please let me know.
    Current: 81 Cobra T Top, 79 Cobra.
    Past Toys: 1964 Falcon Vert, 1966 Mustang(owned twice), 70 Conv, 1978 Mustang II(first car), 80 Cobra, 81 Cobra, 82 GT T-Top, 85 GT 3,900 miles, 85 Predator/Twister 5S-0149, 86 Saleen 177, 86 SVO, 86 Mustang GT, 86 Mustang GT Vert, 87 Mustang GT, 89 Mustang Notch, 2003 Mustang GT Roush Clone, 2006 Mustang V6(Stainless Works LT's, MBRP cat back, 3.73's, tb, cai), and my favorite 2002 Mustang GT MPH 302 stroker, KB 2.2, TKO 500 640rwhp/591torque.

Very nice Dan. I wouldn't mind having one of those. You needed a red car for the collection.
    Stan
    1986 Ford Mustang Saleen #80 Gray/gray
    1986 Mercury Capri ASC McLaren Coupe#20 Black/silver, gone.
    1985 GT Silver/gray T-top car, gone
    1985 Canyon Red Turbo coupe, gone

Awesome find! I wish mine had been that clean. Mine unfortunately is one of the rusty ones. When you get things together for making the plagues I want to know too. Mine had its plague snatched like so many and it's really not complete without it.
    '03 Explorer Limited
    '85 LX
    '85 Twister II
    '89 LX
    '98 v6
    '77 Mach 1.....and I still own them all.

Nice find, Dan! Keep us posted on your progress. I always love your progression pictures.
    1982 Dominator GT
    *1st Dominator ever sold and
    autographed by Jackie Stewart *
    1993 Corvette
    2005 Roush Mustang
    2008 Escape
    (DD)

Nice find Dan!

Hard to tell from the pictures, but is the lettering on the plague depressed? I'm wondering if a laser jet place could make these....

Nice find Dan. Can hardly wait to see what it will look like a year from now...
    Doug
    Current Mustangs:
    1985 GT Twister 2 White T-Top Hatchback - original owner
    1998 GT Convertible

Nice find!! those are awesome cars!!!! congrats

Thank you guys. I do need a red car in my collection. I had seen about 10 T2s in person, one out of those 10 had the dash plaque. I would guess about 9 of the 90 T2s have the plaque? I'm working on making some new ones and I will let you (Twister owners) know so your cars can look more complete with the plaque.

My T2 is a five speed, full options, and sold from Salina (I think) I'm wait for all of the documents from the previous owner. He has it but misplaced at his parents house. Here are the pictures of Chris's GT302R with my T2 before the car headed to Texas.

Nice find.. are those just seat covers or have the seats been changed out

FEP Super Member 79mustangcobra's Avatar

Congrats! Very cool, love these cars!
    1979 Mustang Cobra 5.0
    2P Red and 1C Black

Stock never goes out of style
    MCA #70281 - 79-93 MCA Concours Judge
    Proverbs 3:5-6

My Mustang Story
    http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...71#post1688371

FEP Super Member
    Blog Entries

I would love to have one in that very same condition. Something just to tool around in.