Close

Default under bumper intake scoop

Does anybody remember a under bumper cold air intake for the fox body?
    My current stable. 2010 Mustang GT, 04 Roush Focus, 04 G35 Coupe, 02 Infiniti I35, 97 Explorer, 94 S-10 PU, 90 Camry, 86 300ZXT, 85 Mustang GT convt.

Yes. Can't recall what they were called but they seemed to be a passing fad. If they were any good people would still be using them and UPR would be making a knockoff
    1980 Capri
    5.0 EFI Mass Air, Rebuilt T5, Centerforce Dual Friction, B&M Ripper Shifter, Aluminum Driveshaft, 5 Lug 8.8, Cobra Brakes, Maximum Motorsports HD Lower Control Arms 94GT Spindles, 94 Front Control Arms, B Springs, Tokico Shocks & Struts, MM Camber Plates

I do. I think it was either a MAC or March Pulley's who made it. It hooked to the tube and the filter was above the frame rail. It was wrapped with a intake box and went down under the bumper with a flex hose. It had a scoop under the bumper. I haven't seen it awhile in parts catalogs. I even forgot about it until you said something. It was available a long time though. Someone probably has a pic or more to say.

Thanks capriman I am not as good with posting...yet. I haven't seen it in awhile and didn't know late model still sold it or that it was even available!

I haven't really heard reviews of it. I would wonder how bad the restriction of the flex tube would be. The ones with smooth tube would flow better. It would be better than stock I am sure anyway.

Default Very cool looking at a show

Driving?
    Road vacuum.
    Suck up curb water puddles. Leaves in the fall.
    Does it come with a ram air care instruction decal?
    http://www.opgi.com/cutlass/1968/dec...ecals/D400048/
    Last edited by gr79; 10-01-2013 at 12:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 86project View Post
    I haven't really heard reviews of it. I would wonder how bad the restriction of the flex tube would be. The ones with smooth tube would flow better. It would be better than stock I am sure anyway.
    The restriction is the intake piece and not the hose, and there probably isn't enough volume in the hose to make a smooth version worth while. But like others said, it's a great way to kill your air filter (from all the extra crap it's going to catch) and suck up water, a little water isn't too bad, find the wrong puddle and you may find yourself with an engine full of bent stuff.

Neither here nor there

I always wanted to make one fit the open on the 79/82 Mustang 84-86 Capri corner air dam opening but never tried.

FEP Power Member

Quote Originally Posted by Capriman86 View Post
    I always wanted to make one fit the open on the 79/82 Mustang 84-86 Capri corner air dam opening but never tried.
    Did this on my 86 Capri a few years ago, pretty easy to do. I just added a screen in the lower bumper opening to keep the big stuff out.
    '86 GT - weekend driver
    '86 Capri 5.0
    '86 Turbo Coupe
    '17 Mustang GT
    '23 BRONCO

While not Fox related, I had a friend who drove his girlfriends 300ZX through a large puddle in their development and he hydro-locked the engine. Low mount intakes while cool in sunshine, maybe not so much when wet.
    Dave

If common sense was common wouldn't it just be sense?

1983 Capri L T top 5.0 efi aod
    1983 Capri RS Turbo
    1981 Black Magic 400 c6
    93 F-250 351 5sp 4x4

Good points here that is why you see factory scoops on hoods. Food for thought Gonzo, unless you live in Florida or such and it is never taken out in the rain.

Default Had to-

Retain the manifold heat riser assy for rerouted ram air open/close.
    Reconfigure the vacuum source as to close and open with throttle.
    Let up on the gas, high vacuum closes the door (default).
    EG: Backing off the gas when that puddle comes up closes flap and ram air duct(s).

For real, have covered a couple metal gutter elbows to reinforce and reroute air cleaner duct hose.
    All have same dimensions. Gutter elbows fit snugly inside ac 'snorkel'. Hose slips over as always.

Hey, an idea:
    http://www.homedepot.com/p/Amerimax-...4#.UlHsqlP3Onx

Inexpensive, off the shelf..
    Sucked up water would drain out ..
    I will stop now...