Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Unfortunately i did not get the chance to pull any other codes. The reason being is that the battery drained far too low once the alternator gave out. I didn't notice the low charging until the vehicle started sputering from lack of voltage while i was underhood. Tomorrow i will address the alternator issue first. Them back at this. If the 86 sensors are a one year only item then i am going to be running into a wall. I searched the junkyards here for any 86 5.0l fox bodys, mustangs, thunderbirds, capris,. I found that there is not a single one around. Lots of 88 and newer stuff though.
    Last edited by SmallTires; 10-03-2013 at 12:05 AM.

FEP Senior Member

On my 86 the TAB and TAD solenoids were bad. I managed to scrounge up two more pairs and they were also bad. I ended up swapping in the 87-93 sensors along with the corresponding pigtails. Now the thermactor codes are gone from my KOEO scan.
    1986 Notchback, Recently repainted Light Regatta Blue(3J) and getting put back the way it should be. It had a 3.8 and a C5. Now it has a 5.0 and a T5.

So it is possible to convert to a later style by modifying the wiring harness?

Quote Originally Posted by SmallTires View Post
    So it is possible to convert to a later style by modifying the wiring harness?
    I think you can its different harnesses for them. Someone may want to verify that here. The advantage is they are available new. If you do then obviously you wont be stock true anymore. There is no close junk yards here either. I came across prestigemustang.com Check them out. They are in GA and they claim to have all rust free cars. I got TAB/TAD assy. from there and they guaranteed them to work and they did. I have gotten some decent stuff there. They are a little higher I am sure but they pull it off and have thrown in little bonus things before. They also have messed up my order but paid to ship back and corrected it. I paid I think $50 for the entire two solenoid assy. and they threw in the vacuum hoses even though I said I didn't want them.

FEP Senior Member

I converted mine and it s working fine. I soldered the wires and shrink tubed the wires.
    1986 Notchback, Recently repainted Light Regatta Blue(3J) and getting put back the way it should be. It had a 3.8 and a C5. Now it has a 5.0 and a T5.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12