Close

Default "Registries" for special/limited production cars?

I am considering putting some online for some of these cars (that have a "Special Interest/Limited Production Cars" subforum) that don't already have one, e.g. Turbo GT/Turbo RS, Black Magic/Crimson Cat, etc.. It would be started with the data that I have collected and entered into the database (VIN, factory paint/trim, factory options, known condition, etc.) I will not be putting real names/screen names, locations, or any other personally identifying information out there.

If it goes well enough I would consider expanding to cars that already have a registry but either the registrar is keeping the data to themselves OR it is open to the general public but is not being executed very well.

Thoughts? Input? Suggestions?
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

FEP Registries: Black Magic & Crimson Cat / Cobra / Dominator / G.T.350 / LTD LX/Police & Marquis LTS / M81 / Pace Car / Predator / Saleen / Turbo GT & Turbo RS / Twister II

Wanted (Dead or Alive): VINs, door tags, buck tags, build sheets, window stickers, owner cards, transmission tags, axle tags

Sounds like a great idea to me! When your ready to move on to the Dominators let me know. Thanks for all you do Mick!
    Steve
    "Taillights in Your Face Jack? You've just been Dominated!"
    # Link to Facebook Dominator Mustang Fans # # Link to Facebook Predator Mustang Fans #
    # Link to Facebook Twister Mustang Fans #
    Current Stangs: Stangless
    Previously owned:
    84 Black GT, 85 Black T-Top Dominator GT # Link to Restoration Thread # 85 Dominator GT RIP 1995, 85 Predator GT, 83 Dominator GT, 82 Mustang GT

Thanks, Steve. Will do.
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

FEP Registries: Black Magic & Crimson Cat / Cobra / Dominator / G.T.350 / LTD LX/Police & Marquis LTS / M81 / Pace Car / Predator / Saleen / Turbo GT & Turbo RS / Twister II

Wanted (Dead or Alive): VINs, door tags, buck tags, build sheets, window stickers, owner cards, transmission tags, axle tags

FEP Supporter

I am a proponent for more information! Bring it on!

Advice sure.

This suggestion is from someone who has a compiled a list with information on almost 40% of all the Foxbody Saleen Mustangs ever built. All in less than 4 years.

Do NOT expect many folks to participate in a registry and/or provide much information. If you are waiting on people to send/give you information you will be sadly disappointed!

If you want to build a registry get your information from FOR SALE ads. Cruise Search Tempest, marque specific websites, car shows, Autotrader and other for sale options to get information on the cars you desire. Want more info on the car than is in the ad? Call the seller! Seller's are VERY GIVING with information when they are selling their cars. Want pictures? Copy the images from the for sale ads and start a photo album. In the 4+ years I have collected over 2000 Saleen pictures of the cars when they were for sale only 1 person has asked me to remove the their pictures of their car.

Lot of work? You bet your A$$$. Rewarding? Depends upon you and your motivation for doing it.

Ain't nothing but time and effort!
    Mike
    Remember, "Drive Fast, Turn Heads, Break Hearts!"

1995 Ford Powerstroke F350 "Centurion" STRETCHED Crew Cab Dually

I like "Cut & Coach Built" vehicles!

www.musclecardeals.com

Quote Originally Posted by vintageracer View Post
    If you want to build a registry get your information from FOR SALE ads.
    That is what I have been doing. And by other means as well.
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

Blog Entries

I totally dig this and will happily provide whatever hardware support you'd like.

I can make a static webpage with all of the data in a table. Not promising that it will look pretty. Maybe somebody else can make it look better? I can update the page(s) as more data comes in.

Or is there a more robust method of data collection and search/display that we could employ, i.e. database/SQL, etc.?
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder