Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Nice convertible.
    Dave

If common sense was common wouldn't it just be sense?

1983 Capri L T top 5.0 efi aod
    1983 Capri RS Turbo
    1981 Black Magic 400 c6
    93 F-250 351 5sp 4x4

Default My 84 Turbo GT recently brought back to life

Name:  IMG_2026.jpg
Views: 151
Size:  118.7 KB

Name:  IMG_2030.jpg
Views: 152
Size:  133.6 KB

Name:  IMG_1987.jpg
Views: 151
Size:  68.8 KB
    Larry

1984 Mustang GT Turbo

Wow that is clean. What was it like before? Any in progress pictures?
    I'm an FEP Paid Supporter and proud of it. Are you?

1984 Capri Turbo RS - Alive after 7 years! Build Thread
    2018 Mustang GT - daily driver

Quote Originally Posted by ccurtin View Post
    Wow that is clean. What was it like before? Any in progress pictures?
    Thanks!!! I have hundreds of photos of the whole project. I thought about doing a build thread but I'm not sure if anyone would be interested or how I would go about it since all of the Photobucket drama. Here are a couple of before photos:

Name:  Mustang 54.jpg
Views: 144
Size:  114.3 KB

Name:  IMG_0509.jpg
Views: 145
Size:  82.6 KB

The paint & body didn't look too bad from a distance but there was a lot of damage from WV winters (road salt) and from sitting outside for several years. This was a complete rotisserie restoration.
    Larry

1984 Mustang GT Turbo

I've hosted all of mine on Flickr. The build thread is useful for others who are doing a similar build, especially a year or even 10 years from now. I know I've figured out lots of little details myself or got help from others to figure them, so 'pay it forward' by adding the information. I learned so much from JTurbo, Mike Croke, etc. from their build threads I feel obligated to continue as I learn new things (like the stripe colors from a modern manufacturer ... they are on order if the match I'll post the #'s up!)
    I'm an FEP Paid Supporter and proud of it. Are you?

1984 Capri Turbo RS - Alive after 7 years! Build Thread
    2018 Mustang GT - daily driver

Larry, looks like great work. I see terrific attention to detail. This car needs to be at MCA shows. I'd be glad to provide you info.
    Bob in Lebanon, TN
    79 original owner six cylinder coupe
    MCA Gold Card judge for 3rd Generation cars

Wow!! Larry looks amazing i think everyone here would love to see the build thread!!!!

Thanks for the compliments guys! It's nice to finally be able to show off the car and the people here have been very supportive. FEP has been both a source of amazing reference materials and inspiration from the beginning.

Quote Originally Posted by roush235 View Post
    Larry, looks like great work. I see terrific attention to detail. This car needs to be at MCA shows. I'd be glad to provide you info.
    Bob: We would love to show the car at MCA shows in the next year or two. I have been to 3 of the last 4 Mustang anniversary shows and I always wish that there were more cars representing our era at those events. My wife and I are total newbies though. We have never had this car or any other in a show (not even a local show). I am an MCA member but I haven't taken the time to find out what it takes to show a car. Please PM any info you have that might help us get started. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by STANGMAN116 View Post
    Wow!! Larry looks amazing i think everyone here would love to see the build thread!!!!
    Fidel: I think I will be doing a build thread but it would be a little different than most since it will not be getting updated as the work happens. I could do a lot of side-by-side before & after pics. I am thinking about setting up a web server so that the pics will not be at the mercy of a company like Photobucket or Flikr. Just need a little time to figure out a plan and check out the costs for the photo hosting. Thanks!
    Larry

1984 Mustang GT Turbo

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12